LeBron James: Daryl Morey wasn’t educated enough to speak on China

Its all just about the money with multi millionaire Lebron James.

The Hong Kong situation shows the real reason why the NBA hates their President. Trump is giving Red China a hard ass time and they are the ones who control the league and the players.

If the NBA had any principles whatsoever, they would cut off all relations with Red China in support of the people of Hong Kong. They did it with North Carolina over the issue of men being banned from state owned ladies rooms.

If the NBA had any principles whatsoever, they would cut off all relations with Red China in support of the people of Hong Kong. They did it with North Carolina over the issue of men being banned from state owned ladies rooms.
The NBA didn't risk a thing by snubbing North Carolina over the issue of opening up women's restrooms to all comers
(except the anger of women whose dignity and security is on the line thanks to the actions of the NBA).
Their sense of morality and human rights are inversely proportional to the size of the threat to their big fat bank accounts.

Democrats are clapping at just how stupid they have puppeted these so called black leaders lol

“I’m not here to judge how the league handled the situation," the perennial All-Star told reporters in Los Angeles on Monday night. "I just think that, when you’re misinformed or you’re not educated about something – and I’m just talking about the tweet itself – you never know the ramifications that can happen. We all see what that did, not only did for our league but for all of us in America, for people in China as well. Sometimes you have to think through the things that you say that may cause harm not only for yourself but for the majority of people. I think that’s just a prime example of that.”

So,.LeBron James, you won't judge how the NBA quickly bowed down to the authoritarian butchers in Bejing.
But you will say Daryl Morey was "misinformed" and "not educated" about the Chinese caused abomination in Hong Kong.

I don't think Morey's comments caused harm for the majority of people. I think the consensus of people around the world is the barbaric crack down by Chinese troops in Hong Kong against unarmed citizens there, who among other things just wanted China to keep their promises and not rescind human rights and liberties, was absolutely shocking and horrifying.

The comments of James were so ironic, pathetic and themselves misinformed.

James by most all accounts is a pretty good guy. He has gave a lot of money to the underprivileged but he is 100% wrong and extremely hypocritical here.

James by most all accounts is a pretty good guy. He has gave a lot of money to the underprivileged but he is 100% wrong and extremely hypocritical here.
He's not evil. Just dumb because he's lived in a responsibility free bubble ever since he was a young teenager.

LeBron James Is Getting Roasted for Criticizing Daryl Morey’s Hong Kong Tweet: James called Trump a “bum,” but he won’t utter a single bad word about China’s authoritarianism.

It requires no courage for an entertainer to criticize Trump. China, on the other hand, with all its sweet, sweet cash. . .

“China is essentially paying him to stay in his lane. If LeBron wants to make that tradeoff, that’s his business. He’s even allowed to say other people should stay in their lane for his benefit. But America is a free country, which means the rest of us can roast him for it.”​

And should.

Are you calling black men stupid
That's hate speech and hate speech is violence

Hashtag End the violence take action
h34ep0n7jgs31.png

James had a golden opportunity here, but choose profits over principles and people.

He’s a basketball player. His educational qualities amount to him getting paid for recess.
I wouldn’t be too concerned about anything he says beyond basketball.
His self-righteousness cries out for ridicule.

LeBron James Says Rosa Parks’s Bus Protest ‘Could Have Waited A Week.’

James, an expert in geopolitical relations as well as the game of basketball, went on to explain that people in power stand to lose a lot of money when protesters challenge the status quo. “Civil rights demonstrations should really be limited to times that are convenient to everyone,” James told sources. “When Rosa Parks started the bus boycott by refusing to give up her seat, I guess there were some sporting events scheduled that week in downtown Montgomery that lost a lot of revenue. It wasn’t fair to them. I can’t really blame Ms. Parks though. She was just misinformed.”​

“In the future, I hope people will think about how voicing their support for civil rights and freedom might impact rich and powerful people, like me,” James added.​

Ouch.

He's a hypocrite along with the entire NBA.
They'll get up on their soap boxes, and proclaim Charlotte N. Carolina is not worthy of holding their All Star game there due to their stand on the LBGT community, then turn around and be tightly intertwined with a country that for decades has oppressed and murdered millions of it's own citizens.

Forum List

Back