LeBron James: Daryl Morey wasn’t educated enough to speak on China

James had a golden opportunity here, but choose profits over principles and people.
I read that NBA commissioner and scarecrow look alike Adam Silver was in China for the Lakers/Warriors exhibition and he got James to make what was supposed to be a comment that defended the China friendly league.
Mission not accomplished.

To LeBron James, Adam Silver, the NBA, and China the people in Hong Kong are non existent because James' statement talked about respecting the needs of others ("financial, spiritual", etc.) but apparently the people of Hong Kong, being shot, beaten, etc., never entered his thinking.

They are non people to highly paid lackeys like LeBron James and that's a glaring error no amount of sports radio acclaim can ever erase.

LeBron James needs to goto China and visit an education camp run by the Chinese Democrats.

LeBron James needs to goto China and visit an education camp run by the Chinese Democrats.
Steve Kerr, Greg Popovich, James Harden should go with him.

Sports writer Jason Whitlock notes that Nike is a forty billion dollar business where the NBA is only worth eight or nine billion and the NBA is taking all the heat on this, as is proper, but it's Nike that bends over the farthest to accommodate the Chinese butchers.

Think about that the next time you are considering buying Nike. I would rather wear
thorn lined too small wooden boxes jammed onto my feet.

I noted what I thought of James statement a couple days ago. That stands but I'm now left wondering how many condemning him have for the first time found themselves defending people over profits?

I noted what I thought of James statement a couple days ago. That stands but I'm now left wondering how many condemning him have for the first time found themselves defending people over profits?
Could you reiterate your question so it makes some sense?

EHK7YW7X4AA3xhe

I understand it makes no sense to you.
Can you? It seems like you assume most of the people here are monsters of some sort.
I find that a very dark and misanthropic view of life. Someone who usually finds the worst in people is typically damaged
and hateful himself.

GOOD: Quentin Tarantino Holds Firm, Won’t Recut ‘Once Upon a Time’ for China.

Quentin Tarantino will not recut “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” to placate Chinese censors, Variety has confirmed. The decision likely means that the Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt buddy dramedy and ode to late sixties Tinseltown won’t be making an appearance in China — at least in non-pirated form.

“Once Upon a Time,” which boasts DiCaprio, a favorite with Chinese audiences, in a lead role along with another A-lister in Pitt.

The movie’s Oct. 25 release was “put on hold” after Shannon Lee, the daughter of Bruce Lee, filed a complaint to China’s National Film Administration. She objected to the onscreen depiction of her late father.

Take note Lebron. This is how you don't scrape and bow just to get richer. As a past President once stated to your approval, "There comes a point when you have made enough money."

Forum List

Back