LeBron Finally Got His Title, But He Sold To Do It

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
(The Title SHOULD Read. "LeBron Finally Got His Title, But He Sold His Soul To Do It")

Now that LeBron James got to kiss his shiny new NBA Championship trophy, I wonder if he has ANY conscience, any regret, or if he cares at all about what he did to the city of Cleveland and NBA fans throughout Ohio?

Instead of staying with his hometown team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, and winning "his" NBA title in another year or two, "King James" not only dumped his Cavaliers teammates and millions of adoring fans in Ohio, but he made a Hollywood production out of "taking his talents to South Beach" and "winning 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7" NBA titles with the Miami Heat.

So how does that NBA trophy feel, LeBron? Was it worth selling your SOUL for? Was it worth breaking the hearts of a city and state that worshipped you? Was it worth the trade-off of becoming the most hated and reviled athlete in your own home state?

Enjoy your championship, LeBron. In the end, you are STILL the biggest LOSER in sports.

Last edited:
(The Title SHOULD Read. "LeBron Finally Got His Title, But He Sold His Soul To Do It")

Now that LeBron James got to kiss his shiny new NBA Championship trophy, I wonder if he has ANY conscience, any regret, or if he cares at all about what he did to the city of Cleveland and NBA fans throughout Ohio?

Instead of staying with his hometown team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, and winning "his" NBA title in another year or two, "King James" not only dumped his Cavaliers teammates and millions of adoring fans in Ohio, but he made a Hollywood production out of "taking his talents to South Beach" and "winning 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7" NBA titles with the Miami Heat.

So how does that NBA trophy feel, LeBron? Was it worth selling your SOUL for? Was it worth breaking the hearts of a city and state that worshipped you? Was it worth the trade-off of becoming the most hated and reviled athlete in your own home state?

Enjoy your championship, LeBron. In the end, you are STILL the biggest LOSER in sports.

Unless LeBron is a slave, no one owns him; no man, no city, no group of adoring fans. The man made a good decision and he received the rewards of that decision. Apparently you know nothing about professional sports. If you did you would know that many athletes change teams during their careers. The fact that he is one of the most prominent players means nothing. Even Shaquile O'neal switched teams.

LeBron didn't owe a dame thing to Cleveland. When he played there he gave his all and that is the most that can be expected of any man.

Those who condemn LeBron are selfish fools who deny a man the freedom to make choices that profoundly affect his life. A championship was important to LeBron, and I can understand that even if you cannot. Waiting in Cleveland for another 2-3 years (or more) hoping for a championship as you suggest is laughable. LaBron was smarter than you, and he proved it.

Yes, LeBron got to kiss his shiny trophy - his well deserved shiny trophy - and you can kiss LaBrons's shiny ass.

I will give you the last word, which, of course I will not read.

He didn't owe Cleveland anything. His contract was up and he was free to do whatever he wanted. If Cleveland and "his fans" were really that loyal to him, they would be happy for him.

So if Lebron had got injured and could not play at the same level, do you not think Cleveland would have cut him? It's a business, the Colts let Manning go, there is no loyalty from the team, the players aren't obligated to stay.

Unless LeBron is a slave, no one owns him; no man, no city, no group of adoring fans. The man made a good decision and he received the rewards of that decision. Apparently you know nothing about professional sports. If you did you would know that many athletes change teams during their careers. The fact that he is one of the most prominent players means nothing. Even Shaquile O'neal switched teams.

LeBron didn't owe a dame thing to Cleveland. When he played there he gave his all and that is the most that can be expected of any man.

Those who condemn LeBron are selfish fools who deny a man the freedom to make choices that profoundly affect his life. A championship was important to LeBron, and I can understand that even if you cannot. Waiting in Cleveland for another 2-3 years (or more) hoping for a championship as you suggest is laughable. LaBron was smarter than you, and he proved it.

Yes, LeBron got to kiss his shiny trophy - his well deserved shiny trophy - and you can kiss LaBrons's shiny ass.

Your attitude is EXACTLY was is WRONG with today's society.

Lack of loyalty. Lack of conscience. Lack of humility. Lack of obligation.

The superiority complex rules supreme. Go ahead and DO IT, because you can. That's all the reason you need. Why bother setting a positive example for the young sports fans?

You obviously know NOTHING about the Cleveland "community" of sports fans and how much they idolized LeBron James.

You must be a New Yorker or some other east coast (or west coast) fair weather sports pimp. I bet you belong to a labor union, too, and I bet you're out of work.

Bitter about life? Eh?

He didn't owe Cleveland anything. His contract was up and he was free to do whatever he wanted. If Cleveland and "his fans" were really that loyal to him, they would be happy for him.

Except for the fact that he promised Cleveland a title. He said some nonsense about how he wouldn't be complete until that happened. The man didn't live up to his words and I understand why Cleveland hates him.

Plus, we all knew that jetting to join 2 other all-stars was a bit cheap to begin with. It showed us he wasn't so great at the end of the day after all. I loved it when the Cleveland fans chanted "Scottie Pippen."

Your attitude is EXACTLY was is WRONG with today's society.

Lack of loyalty. Lack of conscience. Lack of humility. Lack of obligation.

The superiority complex rules supreme. Go ahead and DO IT, because you can. That's all the reason you need. Why bother setting a positive example for the young sports fans?

You obviously know NOTHING about the Cleveland "community" of sports fans and how much they idolized LeBron James.

You must be a New Yorker or some other east coast (or west coast) fair weather sports pimp. I bet you belong to a labor union, too, and I bet you're out of work.

Bitter about life? Eh?

Works both ways, management is not loyal either, Manning is in Denver, why? Got cut because of an injury. Where is management's loyalty, where is management setting the example? What about the Indianapolis community and how they idolized Manning?

I disliked the fact James left Cleveland, I hated the way he did it. That said he has right to move on. I was sad he left Cleveland I wish he had stayed but he had a right, he is not a slave, he owes the same loyalty as the teams he is done business with, and when he can't play anymore, any team will be quick to cut him, even Cleveland.

Except for the fact that he promised Cleveland a title. He said some nonsense about how he wouldn't be complete until that happened. The man didn't live up to his words and I understand why Cleveland hates him.

Plus, we all knew that jetting to join 2 other all-stars was a bit cheap to begin with. It showed us he wasn't so great at the end of the day after all. I loved it when the Cleveland fans chanted "Scottie Pippen."

I agree, but he couldn't win one by himself. Cleveland and the front office are not capable of winning a championship, he could have been close in Cleveland for the next 20 years and still not have won a ring.

As far as the Pippen slam, I think Pippen was underrated as a player because of Jordan. Pippen was a great player in his own right, the problem was he played with the greatest and no one came close to his quality of play, Jordan was off the charts.

Cleveland is probably the farthest thing from his mind right now.

Cleveland sold out LeBron

They used him as a draw to sell tickets and failed to surround him with skilled teammates

If owners can screw players to make money and win championships, no reason players can't do the same

Cleveland sold out LeBron

They used him as a draw to sell tickets and failed to surround him with skilled teammates

If owners can screw players to make money and win championships, no reason players can't do the same

I think Lebron would have won with Cleveland if he stuck with it though, people were saying Dirk would never win with Dallas because the Mavericks were soft but he proved them wrong last year.

LeBron was a free agent. Someone else offered him a better deal. Who here would stay in their current job if another company offered you a better compensation package?

And lets face it, where would you rather live, Cleveland or Miami?

This is just sour grapes. LeBron is such an asshole that he used the televising of his announcement to raise $2.5 million for the Boys & Girls Club. What a jerk, huh?

LeBron was a free agent. Someone else offered him a better deal. Who here would stay in their current job if another company offered you a better compensation package?

This is just sour grapes. LeBron is such an asshole that he used the televising of his announcement to raise $2.5 million for the Boys & Girls Club. What a jerk, huh?

I agree with all you say but his ego drove his TV show, not his supporting charity.

I agree with all you say but his ego drove his TV show, not his supporting charity.

I am willing to bet the Boys & Girls Clubs of America don't care what drove him to raise $2.5 million for them.

I agree, but he couldn't win one by himself. Cleveland and the front office are not capable of winning a championship, he could have been close in Cleveland for the next 20 years and still not have won a ring.

As far as the Pippen slam, I think Pippen was underrated as a player because of Jordan. Pippen was a great player in his own right, the problem was he played with the greatest and no one came close to his quality of play, Jordan was off the charts.

You don't think Bosh wouldn't have wanted to come to Cleveland if Lebron said he was staying? Hell, even Wade for that matter.

I agree about Pippen. With the exception of the final minutes of games, Pippen was actually better than Jordan IMO.

You're right. It's all about the MONEY. It's all about prostituting yourself to the highest bidder. Sounds like SLAVERY to me. What do YOU call it?

Lebron is from AKRON. He is, or WAS, a hometown hero. I would take Cleveland over Miami ANY day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Miami is a cesspool. Ever been there and taken the time to do anything besides rolling around on the beach? Miami is DETROIT with better winter weather.

There are PLENTY of athletes who have taken LESS money to stay with their current team, and didn't SELL OUT like LeBron did.

Crack open a dictionary and look up the words "loyalty", "honor", "obligation", "role model", "core values", "grace", "humble", "gratitude", and "maturity".

It appears to me as though YOU need to learn what those words mean as much as LeBron James does.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back