LeBron Finally Got His Title, But He Sold To Do It

It wasn't so much that he left it was how he left and then his actions after he left. The DECISION was a bad idea and PR nightmare. If he would have come out like a man and told Cleveland management first, then come out to the public in a normal fashion, I think people would have understood a little more. Clevelanders would have still hated him but the rest of the country probably won't have!

LeBron was a free agent. Someone else offered him a better deal. Who here would stay in their current job if another company offered you a better compensation package?

And lets face it, where would you rather live, Cleveland or Miami?

This is just sour grapes. LeBron is such an asshole that he used the televising of his announcement to raise $2.5 million for the Boys & Girls Club. What a jerk, huh?

You're right. It's all about the MONEY. It's all about prostituting yourself to the highest bidder. Sounds like SLAVERY to me. What do YOU call it?

Lebron is from AKRON. He is, or WAS, a hometown hero. I would take Cleveland over Miami ANY day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Miami is a cesspool. Ever been there and taken the time to do anything besides rolling around on the beach? Miami is DETROIT with better winter weather.

There are PLENTY of athletes who have taken LESS money to stay with their current team, and didn't SELL OUT like LeBron did.

Crack open a dictionary and look up the words "loyalty", "honor", "obligation", "role model", "core values", "grace", "humble", "gratitude", and "maturity".

It appears to me as though YOU need to learn what those words mean as much as LeBron James does.

He is a professional athlete. He sells his services to the highest bidder. Just like most working people do.

You want me to look up those words as they apply to a probasketball player? It is a sprt for entertainment. He was loyal to his contract. He honored his obligation to the Cleveland team. That is what big time athletes do. There are some rare exceptions, but not enough to depend on.

LeBron was a free agent. Someone else offered him a better deal. Who here would stay in their current job if another company offered you a better compensation package?

This is just sour grapes. LeBron is such an asshole that he used the televising of his announcement to raise $2.5 million for the Boys & Girls Club. What a jerk, huh?

You're right. It's all about the MONEY. It's all about prostituting yourself to the highest bidder. Sounds like SLAVERY to me. What do YOU call it?

Lebron is from AKRON. He is, or WAS, a hometown hero. I would take Cleveland over Miami ANY day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Miami is a cesspool. Ever been there and taken the time to do anything besides rolling around on the beach? Miami is DETROIT with better winter weather.

There are PLENTY of athletes who have taken LESS money to stay with their current team, and didn't SELL OUT like LeBron did.

Crack open a dictionary and look up the words "loyalty", "honor", "obligation", "role model", "core values", "grace", "humble", "gratitude", and "maturity".

It appears to me as though YOU need to learn what those words mean as much as LeBron James does.

Slavery? Really? He had a choice to go where he wanted? Do you work for free? Do you not take money for your labor?
Who cares where he was born? He didn't like Cleveland, he wanted a new market, you really think the Cav's would have been loyal had his talent not been good or he got injured? They'd drop him as fast as they could. So spare the loyalty BS!

Slavery? Really? He had a choice to go where he wanted? Do you work for free? Do you not take money for your labor?
Who cares where he was born? He didn't like Cleveland, he wanted a new market, you really think the Cav's would have been loyal had his talent not been good or he got injured? They'd drop him as fast as they could. So spare the loyalty BS!

I agree with all of that from a market perspective. But LBJ definitely represented himself as a Cleveland guy and he bailed first chance. He had a right to leave. But fans don't have to respect him for it.

I agree with all of that from a market perspective. But LBJ definitely represented himself as a Cleveland guy and he bailed first chance. He had a right to leave. But fans don't have to respect him for it.

I agree with you, his whole ploy and games were annoying. I don't hold anything against the Cleveland fans.

Except for the fact that he promised Cleveland a title. He said some nonsense about how he wouldn't be complete until that happened. The man didn't live up to his words and I understand why Cleveland hates him.

Plus, we all knew that jetting to join 2 other all-stars was a bit cheap to begin with. It showed us he wasn't so great at the end of the day after all. I loved it when the Cleveland fans chanted "Scottie Pippen."

I agree, but he couldn't win one by himself. Cleveland and the front office are not capable of winning a championship, he could have been close in Cleveland for the next 20 years and still not have won a ring.

As far as the Pippen slam, I think Pippen was underrated as a player because of Jordan. Pippen was a great player in his own right, the problem was he played with the greatest and no one came close to his quality of play, Jordan was off the charts.

You don't think Bosh wouldn't have wanted to come to Cleveland if Lebron said he was staying? Hell, even Wade for that matter.

I agree about Pippen. With the exception of the final minutes of games, Pippen was actually better than Jordan IMO.

Actually Bosh came out and said he would not go to Cleveland, even if Lebron stayed there.

I agree with you, his whole ploy and games were annoying. I don't hold anything against the Cleveland fans.

You are a walking, talking contradiction.

Reading your postings is like trying to keep up with Obama's "ever-evolving" position on gay marriage. :cuckoo:

I can't tell if you like LeBron, hate LeBron, like Cleveland fans, hate Cleveland fans, etc.

Put down the crack pipe and try to formulate a coherent, honest opinion.

Is a title in a shortened season a "real" title???

That is so funny, 10% shorter, doing three games in three nights, I doubt there is a player that would call it easier. How does that effect the playoffs? Unless the Heat would not have made the playoffs, the playoffs were the same as any year, their record says they would have made the playoffs no matter what.

I hate Miami and their team but they won it all, all you do is look like a loser trying to minimize what they did.

That's not the best argument to use. Not every sports player does that.

Joe Mauer took significantly less money to stay with the Minnesota Twins out of loyalty.

That's not to say I agree with the OP, because I don't. But it's not ALWAYS about business.

That's not the best argument to use. Not every sports player does that.

Joe Mauer took significantly less money to stay with the Minnesota Twins out of loyalty.

That's not to say I agree with the OP, because I don't. But it's not ALWAYS about business.

That is true, but athletes have a career to think of and what is best for them.

The teams all think about what is best for their team, they will cut and trade players if it means more money or more seats in the house.

I wished James would have stayed in Cleveland, but he made a decision that he felt was in his best interest.

New Topics

Forum List

Back