Layoffs, Closing .....

What does everything think about whats going on with the job market?? Everyone I know is either out of work, or their workplace is trimming people. I understand there are down turns and everything, but zero has got better, its only gotten worse.
Just interested to know where everyone thinks, the current job market is going, Is there anyone that see major growth? or ? Thanks for any answers
Here is a great site for everyone to keep up on dailyjobcuts . com

As for the OP, we seem to be getting hit every which way here in the Sooner State. So much for being Recession resistant! They're now talking about cutting another $244 million from education, about 5,000 teacher's salaries;
Officials with the State Department of Education told members of a House budget panel on Monday that such a cut would lead to $244 million less funding for education.

As lawmakers deal with a $1.2 billion shortfall for the fiscal year that begins July 1, agencies are being asked to tell members how they would deal with a 10 percent cut.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Massive teacher layoffs in Oklahoma likely with budget cuts | Tulsa World

I spoke with someone in the health insurance biz yesterday who said small community based non profit insurers are closing up shop as we speak. He predicts in five years there will only be about 6 or 7 multinational companies on the exchange. And those companies already outsource to India. I don't know how many people are employed by that industry but I imagine they are fearing for their jobs.

Unintended consequences or a deliberate screwing of the American people they have such contempt for?

I don't and most people don't go to GED's for market forecasting. I prefer economist.

Yeah in your defense most of the Market forcasting experts were also wrong on the duration and intensity of this recession.

and I am not a GED as I have told you many time, I have an associate degree.

Perhaps if I had gone into economics I would have been wrong on this recession as most were/are.

Thats what I'm seeing around here, what Chanel and Nate are saying. I guess tough times are here :-/

Forum List

Back