Layoffs, Closing .....

Overdone

Rookie
Jun 8, 2010
What does everything think about whats going on with the job market?? Everyone I know is either out of work, or their workplace is trimming people. I understand there are down turns and everything, but zero has got better, its only gotten worse.
Just interested to know where everyone thinks, the current job market is going, Is there anyone that see major growth? or ? Thanks for any answers
Here is a great site for everyone to keep up on dailyjobcuts . com

I'm praying to get laid off, get a year's salary if it happens. don't think it's in the cards.
I don't know anyone unemployed, most I know are rich though.

Ten percent unemployment will be the new norm.

It's hard to compete with workers who make $.10 an hour with no benefits.

bullshit, everybody always thinks it's different this time. The US economy will bounce back. Either in spite of Obama or after he get's Carterized.

bullshit, everybody always thinks it's different this time. The US economy will bounce back. Either in spite of Obama or after he get's Carterized.

I have to agree. Our economy is nothing if not amazingly resiliant. It will come back. Despite the Governments best efforts to hamper it.

That sounds very promising... hahaa. I just don't know, I never seen it this bad before. Everyone is on the end, places closing up, just insane. I got to laugh at people at work, they keep saying oh things are turning around. I'm like really we now are on furlough Fridays, Pay freeze, 401k match now eliminated. Just hard to look past what i see

As I recall you said it would be over by 1st quarter of 2007 or somesuch.

I have called this one accurately so far.

Remember the parking lots are full at the malls?

USGED your retarded, the sky is falling go outside and look.

Anyone unemployed or about to be is in a depression. The 85% working are making more and spending more. It's called a recession, they happen about every seven years. And we always come out better when it's done.

I do know 1 guy at the tennis club who used to own an import business and a Madi Gras supply company. He sold one, the other went under. Now he's working the oil spill clean up and his wife left him. For him prob feels like a depression.

Toppy my posts and your posts over on JPP.com prove my point.
I have so far been correct about this "recession" And you have been wrong several times on it.

your retarded, If I predict the sun coming out tomorrow I'll be as right as you.
I made a fortune while you were calling the sky falling for a decade.

It is "You're retarded". And perhaps you are?

My predicting that this recession was going to be a long hard one is not quite the same as predicting the sun will come up tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't and most people don't go to GED's for market forecasting. I prefer economist.

Everyone kinda missing the point. Picking on people IQ levels has nothing to do with this. I see it as people are just at the end of their ropes, and don't know what to do.

I don't and most people don't go to GED's for market forecasting. I prefer economist.

Why keep bringing up education?

That's because topspin is like a drummer with one stick... The pot has fogged his brain and now he fantasizes a life of "champagne wishes and caviar dreams" while kicking it in his momma's basement. Pointless to argue with but slightly entertaining... now watch I'll be called out about only attaining a GED in 3... 2... 1...

Forum List

Back