Lawyers for Nick Sandmann File 250 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Washington Post

Neither article explains what exactly they are suing the WPost for??? What did the post say that they knew was a lie at the time they reported it? And how has this really hurt the kid with the smirk? Seems like his lawyers want this kid to continue to be in the lime light.... surprised his parents went with this suit that seems to have no grounds or merit for a defamation suit and continues with their son being in the spotlight, with what the kid regrets and wishes he would have walked away from, as was stated in the article??

Me thinks his lawyers are ambulance chasers, or Michael Avenati-ish.
I didn't see a smirk. I saw a determined indian pounding a drum in the face of a teenager.
Not directly related to this story but sort of a side bar to your comment Jackson,

from what I have read, 3 witnesses of the same crimes often have different stories of what they saw happen.... we are wired that way... from what our brains absorb from all of our own experiences, it "fills in the gaps".... kinda weird, really....

but that is what scientists are saying our brains do....

thus, I interpreted a smirky kind of look on his face and you did not....! ;)

Neither article explains what exactly they are suing the WPost for??? What did the post say that they knew was a lie at the time they reported it? And how has this really hurt the kid with the smirk? Seems like his lawyers want this kid to continue to be in the lime light.... surprised his parents went with this suit that seems to have no grounds or merit for a defamation suit and continues with their son being in the spotlight, with what the kid regrets and wishes he would have walked away from, as was stated in the article??

The link to the legal action in the earliest thread spells out seven WaPo articles that the suit claims publish or republish false and defamatory claims about Smirk-Boi "assaulting" Philips, "engaging in racist conduct", "instigating" stuff, and the like, and in each case it quotes from each of the articles cited. Yet in every case (I read them all) no such claim exists. They're mostly quotes from bystanders, from Philips, from a nearby photojournalist covering the Native American ceremony, etc. There's not a single instance of the WaPo making any of those claims at all.

These attorneys are apparently willing to look incompetent for money.

I didn't see a smirk. I saw a determined indian pounding a drum in the face of a teenager.
I saw a rude, intrusive asshole pounding a drum and shouting incomprehensive noise in the face of a child.

I saw a rude, intrusive asshole pounding a drum and shouting incomprehensive noise in the face of a child.
the Briebart article in the 2nd post above, or there about...stated that a group of black Hebrews was shouting and interrupting both the Native American and Catholic school kids/right to life protests, and the Native guy walked over to the right to life group to join them, to stand up to the group of Black Hebrews....?? Or something like that????

I didn't really follow the story and probably should not even be posting on this thread, for my lack of thorough knowledge of the incident. I saw a smirk-ish look on the kid's face, but this comes from my brain's interpretation, not from what the press, or other's have said...

in general, these types of stories and arguments are truly a waste of time, and meant to divide us on trivial, meaningless things....

i'm moving on... ya'll carry on!

I read the complaint and attachments. A few comments. His witness statement attached as Exhibit A was not written by him but by his lawyer or with substantial editing and input from his lawyer. Too much lawyerese to be written by a teenager. Second, there was nothing in the Washington Post articles that indicates who Nick was, where he lived, or his name. Third, there is nothing in the Post story that even comes close to actual malice.

The question is who fingered Nick as the kid. It was not the Washington Post. There may be an out of court settlement, but no where near the amount his lawyers are asking for.
Demonstrating malice isn't required if you aren't a public figure, fuckstick.

Read the complaint dumb fuck.

the Briebart article in the 2nd post above, or there about...stated that a group of black Hebrews was shouting and interrupting both the Native American and Catholic school kids/right to life protests, and the Native guy walked over to the right to life group to join them, to stand up to the group of Black Hebrews....?? Or something like that????

I didn't really follow the story and probably should not even be posting on this thread, for my lack of thorough knowledge of the incident. I saw a smirk-ish look on the kid's face, but this comes from my brain's interpretation, not from what the press, or other's have said...

in general, these types of stories and arguments are truly a waste of time, and meant to divide us on trivial, meaningless things....

"Black Israelites" I believe is what they call themselves, a notorious troll group. But they have nothing to do with the Smirk --- that's just a shiny object the Mitch McConnell PR firm has been pointing at to attempt to distract attention FROM the Smirk. They are irrelevant.

just a heads up for those that might be interested but Nick Sandmans Lawyer is supposed to be on Hannity tomorrow night .

And he's just beginning! MAGA Nick Sandmanngave them 48 hours to apologize and was met with silence. Oh well, time to crack that whip!

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.
For truth, for justice, for Nicholas!

Bezos just needs to cut the check for the $250 Million and put this behind him.

He can certainly afford this, it will teach him a lesson to quit with the libel.

"Black Israelites" I believe is what they call themselves, a notorious troll group. But they have nothing to do with the Smirk --- that's just a shiny object the Mitch McConnell PR firm has been pointing at to attempt to distract attention FROM the Smirk. They are irrelevant.

The Black Congressional Israelites are an important part of the mix. They were the ones who actually started giving the children shit, and it was the Phony Veteran Nate Phillips who decided to get in on the fun by beating his drum in Mr. Sandmann's face.

The Black Congressional Israelites are an important part of the mix. They were the ones who actually started giving the children shit, and it was the Phony Veteran Nate Phillips who decided to get in on the fun by beating his drum in Mr. Sandmann's face.
Phillips and the Black Israelites are going to be sued too by Sandmann.

And he's just beginning! MAGA Nick Sandmanngave them 48 hours to apologize and was met with silence. Oh well, time to crack that whip!

tenor.gif

Lawsuit in link.
For truth, for justice, for Nicholas!

He may as well have gone for $ 250 trillion. Just as much chance of success.

Bezos can take his chances I guess with 12 angry men from Kenton County and see what they think of Bezos' underlings destroying their children's lives. But if I were advising Bezos, I'd tell him to cut the check and put this behind him.

Even in the unlikely event that WaPo loses this case, it's not going to help address the rotten hearts of 99% of left wingers who think it's funny to try and ruin some kid's life for wearing a hat they don't like.

I read the complaint and attachments. A few comments. His witness statement attached as Exhibit A was not written by him but by his lawyer or with substantial editing and input from his lawyer. Too much lawyerese to be written by a teenager. Second, there was nothing in the Washington Post articles that indicates who Nick was, where he lived, or his name. Third, there is nothing in the Post story that even comes close to actual malice.

The question is who fingered Nick as the kid. It was not the Washington Post. There may be an out of court settlement, but no where near the amount his lawyers are asking for.
Demonstrating malice isn't required if you aren't a public figure, fuckstick.

Read the complaint dumb fuck.
How would that prove malice is required?

Forum List

Back