Laws I Would Enact in an Officially Christian United States Government

You live that way by choice. A choice you would have taken away from everyone.
So you're saying I live humbly by choice, but I would take the choice to live humbly away from others. That makes zero sense.

So all they have to do is follow Catholic rules & laws.

And if someone's religion is in conflict with catholicism?
See, you still can't get it right. Following Catholic law is different than having no law violate Catholicism.

This talking point is of the same idiocy as when people say "pro-lifers just want to control women". Yet they can never say how such control manifests itself. I mean, I go protest at Planned Parenthood and I come home. How does this alleged 'control' help me?

At the most basic level, it is about control of your own body.

If I die without making myself an organ donor, it does not matter how many people will die without my organs. I have complete authority over my body, even when I am dead.

You misstate my OP. I said no law would violate Catholic teaching. That's different than saying everyone has to practice Catholicism.

Ok, that isn't much better. The 10 Commandments are a foundation of Christianity, and especially Catholicism.

Are Hindus welcome in your new Papist States? Because their faith violates the first 4 commandments.

So you're saying I live humbly by choice, but I would take the choice to live humbly away from others. That makes zero sense.

You said "I could live in luxury if I wanted, but I live humbly, as I would if I could dictate righteous laws for the country."

Telling people they can’t violate catholic dogma or else they’ll go to jail is essentially forcing Catholicism on them.
That's not what I said. I said no law will violate teachings of the Catholic church.

That's not what I said. I said no law will violate teachings of the Catholic church.
yeaaaaah…. and thus making it illegal to do anything that violates the teachings of the church.

For fucks sake, simply not being catholic violates the teachings of the church.

yeaaaaah…. and thus making it illegal to do anything that violates the teachings of the church.

For fucks sake, simply not being catholic violates the teachings of the church.
Let's try this again.

There is a difference between rules of the Church and laws of the country.
It is a rule of the Catholic Church that you must attend Mass every weekend, but it is not a government law to do so, not even in Catholic countries., so that is not an issue.

However, laws that allow abortion ARE government laws that violate Catholic teaching. So in a officially Catholic Country, abortion would be outlawed.

Let's try this again.

It is a rule of the Catholic Church that you must attend Mass every weekend, but it is not a government law to do so, not even in Catholic countries., so that is not an issue.

However, laws that allow abortion ARE government laws that violate Catholic teaching. So in a officially Catholic Country, abortion would be outlawed.

And the 10 Commandments are Christian laws. Would a Hindu (who ignores the first 4 commandments) be welcome in your fantasy theocracy?

Let's try this again.

The main focus of your fantasy of a Catholic theocracy seems to be to fight abortions. Seems an extreme change for a one issue problem.

Maybe try reading the OP? So many questions would be answered if you just bothered to look.

Yeah, I read the OP. I really don't have questions. I understand the danger of what you want.

But then, I also understand the impossibility of what you want.

Ok, that isn't much better. The 10 Commandments are a foundation of Christianity, and especially Catholicism.

The most pernicious absurd and flat out evil thing about all of this is that they perpetuate the exact same perverse literal interpretation of the Divine commands that the very Jesus that they profess to love so much died opposing. They even perpetuate the lie that Jesus claimed to be God which is the exact same lie that his enemies used to discredit him and the teaching that he received from God, like bread from heaven, as the drunken hubris of a raving lunatic.

WTF

Last edited:

Forum List

Back