Law Suit By Sandy Hook Parents Against Remington Arms Dismissed

Suing Remington because someone shot somebody using a Remington gun, is no different from suing Ford because someone ran over somebody using one of their cars.

Well, there is one difference. The right to own and carry one of Remington's guns is constitutionally protected, no govt can make a law against it. The right to own and drive a Ford is not.
What if the Ford was wielded as a weapon of purpose .... taken aim and pulled accelerator.

It STILL wouldn't enable anyone to sue Ford for it.

So, you tell us...which is actually deadlier?

What I think personally? I think that all guns should be destroyed. Each and every one is a weapon of murder. Shooting holes in cans serves no practical purpose. Knives can be used for cooking et al. (practical purposes) and cars can be used to get from point A to point B, also practical purposes.

But that's my line of thinking, perhaps not yours. Let's use yours instead. How about we use the favourite amongst gun lovers: "It's not the gun that kills .... it's the person using it." There is some obvious logic to that, we MUST agree, right? Well, if it's the person holding the gun that kills then I suggest that citizens ought to be allowed to own fire arms in every country in the Western World except for the US. I mean, just look at how many Americans are murdering one another with fire arms!
holycow101.jpg

What I think personally? I think that all guns should be destroyed. Each and every one is a weapon of murder. Shooting holes in cans serves no practical purpose. Knives can be used for cooking et al. (practical purposes) and cars can be used to get from point A to point B, also practical purposes.

But that's my line of thinking, perhaps not yours. Let's use yours instead. How about we use the favourite amongst gun lovers: "It's not the gun that kills .... it's the person using it." There is some obvious logic to that, we MUST agree, right? Well, if it's the person holding the gun that kills then I suggest that citizens ought to be allowed to own fire arms in every country in the Western World except for the US. I mean, just look at how many Americans are murdering one another with fire arms!
holycow101.jpg
Ignorance at it's finest...

holycow101.jpg

again...try to think this time....

Which is deadlier in this country...the rifle used in Sandy Hook, or the knife?

Rifles with magazines....162 dead over 34 years.

knives...1,500 dead every single year.

Another stat genius...according to the bill clinton Department of Justice Study on gun self defense....Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives, many times stopping mass public shootings like what happened at Sandy Hook.....

gun murder 2015.... 9,616

1,500,000 crimes stopped and lives saved.... v. 9,616 gun murders....90% of which are committed by people who cannot legally buy, own or carry guns.

Can you tell the difference in these numbers?

hey Glastnost... The borders are open, you know? You are free to move to a police state anytime you like. But the truth is; you are too self centered and lazy to change your location; so you'd rather force everyone around you to change. Create the fantasy world you want to live in; without you making any of the sacrifices. You are childish.

...... The parents aren't out to right a wrong ...
That's not even possible. If it were possible, that is exactly what they'd be doing. Agreed?

... they are out to try to get a law that protects manufacturers form frivolous law suits overturned .....
And you think that's a bad idea?

Would they be trying to sue Louisville slugger or Stanley Tools if he'd used a bat or hammer?
How often are Louisville sluggers and Stanley Tools (I prefer Craftsman Tools, btw.) used in mass murders? Are they as popular as guns to do the job? If not, ask me again when they are.

holycow101.jpg

Another stat genius...according to the bill clinton Department of Justice Study on gun self defense....Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives, many times stopping mass public shootings like what happened at Sandy Hook.....

1,500,000 crimes stopped and lives saved.... v. 9,616 gun murders....90% of which are committed by people who cannot legally buy, own or carry guns.

again...try to think this time.... What I think of the difference in those numbers? I think that all guns should be destroyed. Each and every one is a weapon of murder. Shooting holes in cans serves no practical purpose. Knives can be used for cooking et al. (practical purposes) and cars can be used to get from point A to point B, also practical purposes.

BUT YOUR REAL QUESTION IS: "Which is deadlier in this country...the rifle used in Sandy Hook, or the knife?" The rifle is most definitely more deadly. One shot (by even a novice or accidentily) will often kill you.

Last edited:
Glastnost is Nats sock... How pathetic... Don't you tire of talking amongst yourself?

holycow101.jpg

again...try to think this time.... What I think of the difference in those numbers? I think that all guns should be destroyed. Each and every one is a weapon of murder. Shooting holes in cans serves no practical purpose. Knives can be used for cooking et al. (practical purposes) and cars can be used to get from point A to point B, also practical purposes.

BUT YOUR REAL QUESTION IS: "Which is deadlier in this country...the rifle used in Sandy Hook, or the knife?" The rifle is most definitely more deadly. One shot (by even a novice or accidentily) will often kill you.

so...no response then.......we have 8 million rifles with magazines in this country....they were used in mass shootings to kill 162 people in 34 years.......

8,000,000 vs. 162

Can you tell which number is bigger?

knives kill 1,500 people every single year...rifles with magazines killed 162 people in mass public shootings in 34 years.......

Can you tell which weapon kills more people every single year?

Firearms manufactures are protected by law against these unjust suits.

A LAW clearly written for elected republicans BY the gun manufacturers.....Be "proud" right wingers.

We are proud.....nonsense law suits against innocent people need to be opposed by all good people......destroying innocent people out of paranoia and emotion is evil....

holycow101.jpg

so...no response then.......we have 8 million rifles with magazines in this country....they were used in mass shootings to kill 162 people in 34 years.......

8,000,000 vs. 162

knives kill 1,500 people every single year...rifles with magazines killed 162 people in mass public shootings in 34 years.......

Math isn't the Libs strong suit.

holycow101.jpg

8,000,000 vs. 162

You know...there really isn't anything in this world that is a strong suite for lefties......

holycow101.jpg

8,000,000 vs. 162

You know...there really isn't anything in this world that is a strong suite for lefties......
They play a stout game of "follow the leader".

...... The parents aren't out to right a wrong ...
That's not even possible. If it were possible, that is exactly what they'd be doing. Agreed?

... they are out to try to get a law that protects manufacturers form frivolous law suits overturned .....
And you think that's a bad idea?

Would they be trying to sue Louisville slugger or Stanley Tools if he'd used a bat or hammer?
How often are Louisville sluggers and Stanley Tools (I prefer Craftsman Tools, btw.) used in mass murders? Are they as popular as guns to do the job? If not, ask me again when they are.

Give it up child, the Sandy Hook parents are nothing but regressive political pawns. They should realize that and move on. The people who are actually responsible are dead, there's no justice to be had.

Yeah, a doctor that prescribes a patient 200 oxycotin a month can't be held responsible for that patient over-dosing, becoming addicted, or turning to heroin. The government can't make rules warning doctors of serious legal consequences of such actions, and limiting the amount of pain killers they prescribe. The doctor is just making a nice profit for himself and the drug company.

Pharmaceutical companies can't be held liable for deadly misuse of their products. Pills are just inanimate objects.

Yeahhh.

Firearms manufactures are protected by law against these unjust suits.

A LAW clearly written for elected republicans BY the gun manufacturers.....Be "proud" right wingers.

Do you ever get out of political hackery mode. Just admit, Remington has no legal liability under any tort laws. People like Bloomberg and his ilk were trying to bankrupt legal manufacturers by burying them in frivolous suits and exposing gun manufacturers to liability never recognized in any law.

The people who are actually responsible are dead, there's no justice to be had.

The above from the right wing side that was rejoicing that Obama's veto was overturned regarding the 9-11 families suing of Saudi Arabia.......Interesting!!!

Yeah, a doctor that prescribes a patient 200 oxycotin a month can't be held responsible for that patient over-dosing, becoming addicted, or turning to heroin. The government can't make rules warning doctors of serious legal consequences of such actions, and limiting the amount of pain killers they prescribe. The doctor is just making a nice profit for himself and the drug company.

Pharmaceutical companies can't be held liable for deadly misuse of their products. Pills are just inanimate objects.

Yeahhh.

Wrong. Try reading the rest of the thread.

Forum List

Back