Law Suit By Sandy Hook Parents Against Remington Arms Dismissed

Just heard on the news, this illegal law suit has been dismissed. Parents say they will appeal, such a waste of money, their gonna lose. Remington made a legal product and is not responsible for damages. Firearms manufactures are protected by law against these unjust suits.

Illegal? The lawsuit was not valid, the lawsuit was without merit. Illegal? Lol! More drama.

It was allowed to go forward against federal law, meaning it was illegal and yes it was without merit. You're being the drama queen here.

Just heard on the news, this illegal law suit has been dismissed. Parents say they will appeal, such a waste of money, their gonna lose. Remington made a legal product and is not responsible for damages. Firearms manufactures are protected by law against these unjust suits.

The legal costs are the point of all this, forcing gun makers to waste time and cash defending themselves from ridiculous lawsuits.

The stupid judge that allowed it to go forward should get that bill, might teach him to follow the freaking law.

Illegal? The lawsuit was not valid, the lawsuit was without merit. Illegal? Lol! More drama.

It was allowed to go forward against federal law, meaning it was illegal and yes it was without merit. You're being the drama queen here.

Lawsuits are not illegal, I said it was without merit. It should have and was dismissed. It isn't illegal to file a lawsuit, they get dismissed. No one was charged or convicted of filing the lawsuit.

Lawsuits are not illegal, I said it was without merit. It should have and was dismissed. It isn't illegal to file a lawsuit, they get dismissed. No one was charged or convicted of filing the lawsuit.
Exactly. There is a serious misunderstanding by many about the definition of 'illegal' and 'unlawful'.

It was allowed to go forward against federal law, meaning it was illegal and yes it was without merit.
Such a event cannot be ILLEGAL so I would like to disagree with you ...... but Westwall won't allow me to do that. He'll just have my reply deleted again. Like this one, I suppose. I don't understand what rule I am breaking by disagreeing with you. Is it maybe not allowed to disagree with the OP? Is that the problem?

So you're saying it didn't violate federal law? That violation gives Remington a civil claim against the families, its not a criminal law.

If a person uses a firearm to kill people and the manufacturer of the firearm is allowed to be sued....

If someone is holding a nail and another person is using a hammer to hit the nail, misses, and hits the 1st guy's finger the 1st guy could sue the maker of the hammer....

If a child in a classroom thrown a temper and stabs another student with his little craft scissors then the parents of the child who was stabbed could sue the makers of the scissors...

Anyone who gets stabbed by a knife could sue the manufacturers of the knife...

Anyone hit by a hit-and-run driver could sue the car manufacturer....

....not gonna happen.

Forum List

Back