law - 13 year olds can't trick or treat?!

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
Last edited:
Trick or treat at 13? That seems a bit developmentally stunted for age 13.

We've had few to no trick or treaters for years. They go to school/community parties.

But I agree, we need far fewer dumb laws.

Sometimes I get trick or treaters and sometimes I don't. I think maybe they're of the view that I'm weird for giving out pocket constitutions.

I heard one of the parents ask the kid 'what the fuck is dat, he ain't gih ya no candy?' when the little feller went back down to the sidewalk toward the neighbor's home. I do give em a candy bar, though. The big ones, too, I'm a high roller when it comes to trick or treat.

I worked with a group of folks in Connecticut who would go door to door with a shot glass (obviously to the homes of people they knew) and drink their way through Halloween. Sounds fun. They were older than 13.

"They are simply trying to prevent teens from getting into trouble. The city says, “For example, a thirteen year old safely trick or treating with a younger sibling is not going to have any issues. That same child taking pumpkins from porches and smashing them in the street more likely will.”

Simply trying to prevent teens from getting into trouble eh?

Yeah, they should be out doing other things, like drinking, doing drugs, and having sex. . . normal teen activities. WTH is that city thinking? :abgg2q.jpg:

I remember how heart broken I was the year older kids took our jack-o-lantern and smashed it in the street.

Sometimes I get trick or treaters and sometimes I don't. I think maybe they're of the wiew that I'm weird for giving out pocket constitutions.
That's almost as bad as a box of raisins.
Found a great costume for you this year. . .
4wat2rb5er801.jpg

:laugh:

dumb dumb dumb
even for 16 or 21 year olds
as I've stated, before, they make too many laws-- stupid and not stupid ones
13 is grade school still!
these people are jackasses
...what's the probable cause for IDing?..some of these 12 yr old boys are tall
cops are going to go around checking???!!

Trick-or-treaters over age 12 could face fine, jail time in one Virginia city
---------------------------------------------- think you touched on it , Laws , rules , regulations get the young kids used to it in this FREE Country Harmonica. [also adults]

We've had few to no trick or treaters for years. They go to school/community parties.

We used to just go out with a mask on and a bag and get some free candy even into high school.

Free. Candy.

And where we went around (my grandparent's neighborhood) there was these 2-3 old jewish women who used to give out FULL SIZE hershey bars, snickers bars, and M&M bags.

FULL. SIZE.

We used to just go out with a mask on and a bag and get some free candy even into high school.

Free. Candy.

And where we went around (my grandparent's neighborhood) there was these 2-3 old jewish women who used to give out FULL SIZE hershey bars, snickers bars, and M&M bags.

FULL. SIZE.
That was before Obama started jacking up taxes on fatty foods.

We have High School kids come for trick or treat
They are out with their friends to have a good time

They still get candy

Free. Candy.

FULL. SIZE.
That was before Obama started jacking up taxes on fatty foods.

Actually that was before Clinton was even in office.

dumb dumb dumb
even for 16 or 21 year olds
as I've stated, before, they make too many laws-- stupid and not stupid ones
13 is grade school still!
these people are jackasses
...what's the probable cause for IDing?..some of these 12 yr old boys are tall
cops are going to go around checking???!!

Trick-or-treaters over age 12 could face fine, jail time in one Virginia city

The longer our young minds hold on to magic in some form, so long as they also embrace and begin to practice the personal responsibility require of every human to survive and provide for themselves in the mundane, the better, more whole and enjoyable their incoming adult lives shall be. Why legislate that small token of make believe out of their lives at so early an age?

I believe in letting kids be kids as long as possible.....
I wholeheartedly agree. A few years ago some kid who looked around 15 came trick or treating with a few of his siblings. He saw guitars in the house and got all excited. "Do you play guitar? Wow that's cool, play something for us!"

So I did. Then I gave that kid an electric guitar, a little 15 watt combo amp and a cord for Halloween.

My last time wanting to go out there was when I was 14. To me, if the person is dressed up like all trick or treaters should be, age shouldn't make that much of a difference. What if those who are out there are trying to gather candy for someone who is sick?

God bless you and those who miss out always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back