Lautenberg: Republicans “don’t deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution!”

But we will give it to them anyway

Nobody 'gives' anyone their 'freedoms'. Our freedoms are not owned by Government to be handed out to the deserving.... our freedom comes from our Creator, not our Government, you fucking moron. "We" (I assume you mean you) don't give anyone jack shit. Clear?

1) prove there is a creator
2) prove that how one looks at rights are nothing more than personal Opinion.
3) you might think your rights come from grand creator, but that means jack shit when a government is taking them away.
4) your "freedom" is subjective and subject to other people. Is your freedom any different from say a young guy in Iran? That same guy who lives in a nation with less freedoms.
5) Freedom is a nice fairy tale dream in which you really dont have any. You want REAL freedom. Unplug your internet, go out into the woods and live off the land. Thats about as close as you will ever get to real freedom. Even then if a government so choose to do so, they could take it all away.
7) what you have are privileges and nothing more.

I don't need to. It's there.... In the Declaration of Independence.... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...."

My government does not give me my rights... they were already mine. The only way anyone takes away my rights is over my cold, dead body.

funny you say that given what the people are protesting in the video.
but thanks for showing you dont know what you are talking about, and just post buzz words.

Get it now? And our Liberty isn't for others to decide. Do you seriously wish others to make decisions FOR YOU that you have control over?

I really think that you don't understand true Liberty.

Government wasn't meant to parse Liberty. It was meant to protect it.

A lesson you and your fellow travelers haven't learned and remain hard-headed and LAZY about.

Sigh..Yeah our liberties have always been decided. Even the founding fathers decided what freedoms people could have.
You know that whole women cant vote and blacks are only 2/3rds human.

We have been granting rights to people since the dawn of man. You have no true liberties. You never will. All you can hope for is finding enough people who agree that something you like should be legal.

You live in a pipe dream, filled with buzzwords and nothings.

You seriously need to learn American history..... those things you mentioned were there for a reason, and there is also an ammendment process, but you wouldnt know anything about that would ya?

And it's high time they start minding their own business.

funny you say that given what the people are protesting in the video.
but thanks for showing you dont know what you are talking about, and just post buzz words.

Get it now? And our Liberty isn't for others to decide. Do you seriously wish others to make decisions FOR YOU that you have control over?

A lesson you and your fellow travelers haven't learned and remain hard-headed and LAZY about.

:clap2::clap2:

Nobody 'gives' anyone their 'freedoms'. Our freedoms are not owned by Government to be handed out to the deserving.... our freedom comes from our Creator, not our Government, you fucking moron. "We" (I assume you mean you) don't give anyone jack shit. Clear?

3) you might think your rights come from grand creator, but that means jack shit when a government is taking them away.
4) your "freedom" is subjective and subject to other people. Is your freedom any different from say a young guy in Iran? That same guy who lives in a nation with less freedoms.
5) Freedom is a nice fairy tale dream in which you really dont have any. You want REAL freedom. Unplug your internet, go out into the woods and live off the land. Thats about as close as you will ever get to real freedom. Even then if a government so choose to do so, they could take it all away.

I don't need to. It's there.... In the Declaration of Independence.... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...."

My government does not give me my rights... they were already mine. The only way anyone takes away my rights is over my cold, dead body.

Bravissimo! These people don't know their founding documents and the reasons why...nor do I think that they care. They lack home training.

:clap2:

Thats why I love you CG!

Well said my friend.... well said!

Sigh..Yeah our liberties have always been decided. Even the founding fathers decided what freedoms people could have.

We have been granting rights to people since the dawn of man. You have no true liberties. You never will. All you can hope for is finding enough people who agree that something you like should be legal.

You seriously need to learn American history..... those things you mentioned were there for a reason, and there is also an ammendment process, but you wouldnt know anything about that would ya?

They think making LAW that circumvents the Constitution is the cat's meow...but then they haven't been taught any different due to the fact that many laws on the books are above Constitutionality because they haven't been rightfully challanged.

But that's the fault of the people and education. Past due that these people get educated.

Plasmoid obviously doesn't agree that these truths are 'self evident'. He certainly can't see 'em.

Oh well, his failing. Not the founders or ours who do see them.

Just because a blind man says there are no colors does not make it so.

So in order for our government to protect our freedoms, we decided to make slaves 2/3rds real....
If all our freedoms are basically given by our creator, we wouldnt need amendments, they would already be "given" to us.

Ok That has to be some of the dumbest shit i have ever seen posted on a website, and i say this on a message board that has Stepthanie and Thomas603.

Your argument has holes in the size of texas. Oh look an illegal just ran right through it.

"The Three-Fifths compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the population of slaves would be counted for enumeration purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.

Delegates opposed to slavery generally wished to count only the free inhabitants of each state. Delegates supportive of slavery, on the other hand, generally wanted to count slaves in their actual numbers. Since slaves could not vote, slaveholders would thus have the benefit of increased representation in the House and the Electoral College. The final compromise of counting "all other persons" as only three-fifths of their actual numbers reduced the power of the slave states relative to the original southern proposals, but increased it over the northern position.

The three-fifths compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution:"

Three-fifths compromise - Ask Jeeves Encyclopedia

There were reasons it was there.... the south could have easily gotten what they wanted by including the slaves... who had no vote at the time.

These things have been fixed by God fearing Americans who realize that we make mistakes, and slavery was one of those things we here in America helped stop.

So in order for our government to protect our freedoms, we decided to make slaves 2/3rds real....
If all our freedoms are basically given by our creator, we wouldnt need amendments, they would already be "given" to us.

Ok That has to be some of the dumbest shit i have ever seen posted on a website, and i say this on a message board that has Stepthanie and Thomas603.

Your argument has holes in the size of texas. Oh look an illegal just ran right through it.

False premise. The 3/5ths Compromise was that the Southern States (which refused to grant rights to slaves), would be counted in the Census, which would give the Southern States more seats in the Congress...

You don't KNOW history...

The three-fifths compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution:

not this again, The DOI is a letter to the editor, today's modern blog or message board post. Nothing more,nothing less.

DOI is irreverent when it comes to actual laws and right. Thats where you get the constitution as the main point of debate. I've already debated this so i understand your need to use the DOI as your evidence. Because if you use the constitution you lose. Granted you lose using the DOI as well.

Even still your little "DOI" wasnt even taken seriously when we made the constitution. Again see slaves and womens right to vote.

If you are dead, your little rights you are crying about being given by your creator, are meaningless. You have no more rights.

Lets take Gitmo for example. Do those mean not have those same rights as you? AND yet we strip them of any rights and hold them for how ever long we want.
OR
A government who is supposed to protect rights, stripped the rights of men.

But hey, you go on thinking your rights are given by your creator, I'll laugh as you are tossed in jail and no trial is ever set.

The DOI formed the basis of the Constitution.

again if these rights are endowed by our creator, this would have never happened and mistakes would never have been made.

rights and freedom are made up subjective terms.

Your a dipshit and a lost cause..... to me all you are is a useful idiot for the left.

You DONT know your history, you DONT respect The Constitution, and you spew lies and stupidity.

You are to be ignored as far as I am concerned.... just another Truthdontmatter as far as I see.

"The Three-Fifths compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the population of slaves would be counted for enumeration purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.

Delegates opposed to slavery generally wished to count only the free inhabitants of each state. Delegates supportive of slavery, on the other hand, generally wanted to count slaves in their actual numbers. Since slaves could not vote, slaveholders would thus have the benefit of increased representation in the House and the Electoral College. The final compromise of counting "all other persons" as only three-fifths of their actual numbers reduced the power of the slave states relative to the original southern proposals, but increased it over the northern position.

The three-fifths compromise is found in Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 of the United States Constitution:"

Three-fifths compromise - Ask Jeeves Encyclopedia

There were reasons it was there.... the south could have easily gotten what they wanted by including the slaves... who had no vote at the time.

These things have been fixed by God fearing Americans who realize that we make mistakes, and slavery was one of those things we here in America helped stop.

again if these rights are endowed by our creator, this would have never happened and mistakes would never have been made.

rights and freedom are made up subjective terms.

And the task of getting RID of Slavery was left to be addressed later on if the Constitution was to be ratified....and it was.

You really need to do some reading.

Plasmoid obviously doesn't agree that these truths are 'self evident'. He certainly can't see 'em.

i love people who assume, and i really love dumbshits on message boards who think they know my position.

I understand and i see Cali's point. I see thomas's and yours, I disagree on the basis that rights are god given.

there is no failing, just difference of opinion.

We are all born the same in God's eyes...And even without GOD we are all still born the same.

The missing factor is whom controls what?

People can and should control thier lives as they see fit...electing Governments to ensure that those rights are protected without one infringing on another is the balance that must be acheived, and maintained.

The Founders got as closer to this endeavour than any civilization in the history of mankind.

As it sits now? Our Government, and more precisely the people have lost sight of that basic tenant.

And we are teetering on the verge of seeing the tenant destroyed in lieu of people that never learned...don't care, LAZY and an overbearing, self agrandizing Government that craves power over the governed is far too willing to oblige.

We are all born the same in God's eyes...And even without GOD we are all still born the same.

The missing factor is whom controls what?

People can and should control thier lives as they see fit...electing Governments to ensure that those rights are protected without one infringing on another is the balance that must be acheived, and maintained.

The Founders got as closer to this endeavour than any civilization in the history of mankind.

As it sits now? Our Government, and more precisely the people have lost sight of that basic tenant.

And we are teetering on the verge of seeing the tenant destroyed in lieu of people that never learned...don't care, LAZY and an overbearing, self agrandizing Government that craves power over the governed is far too willing to oblige.

Again prove their is a creator.

People dont control their lives. Well in the basic sense they might, but they still live within the rules set up by society. Your house, car, money, food are all subject to others.

Tell me thomas, what freedoms you had before have you personally lost from the government?

where you tossed in Gitmo? Had your home seized?

again you go to the founders, which i noticed you skipped that post. Jefferson who thought public school was something all should have. Or should i ask which versions of the founders are you referring too? The ones that wanted a stronger central government
(who one out) or the smaller government( who lost)

like the child, who have numerous holes in your argument.

Go outside and look around.

i love people who assume, and i really love dumbshits on message boards who think they know my position.

I understand and i see Cali's point. I see thomas's and yours, I disagree on the basis that rights are god given.

there is no failing, just difference of opinion.

When you have an entity such as "government" saying they are handing out rights then they are not rights. They are "privileges". That is where the left gets confused. No government can every GIVE anyone rights. Government can take away rights, but it can't give them. They are not theirs to give.

Last edited:

What are you talking about?? There have been plenty of evil leaders that have taken away the freedom of others. Leave it to you. The same stupid bitch you've always been.

Funny how even the Planned Parenthood supporters think that is not good enough. their first reaction was complete disbelief and scorn, yours is to defend Lautenberg.

Tell me again how you are not a partisan hack.

Forum List

Back