Laura Ingraham made a very important point just now re: the phone call

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The discussion Trump was having with the Ukraine leader wasn't about aid, it was about a purchase that the Ukraine was making. This is a significant difference I believe.

She read the transcript again and from what I can tell, it is really impossible to identify any back scratching on the call. Yes, dealing with a foreign leader on where that nation is, which is Trumps job, was in the discussion.

Trump is not a politician, he has become more polite this year, but he's not always overly polite nor polished, as this call showed. He's direct and this was about as diplomatic as he gets really.

Consider his call with Australia which got leaked early in which he was told Turnbull regarding the 1200 refugess that Obama agreed to accept, that "it is the worst deal ever. The worst call of the day". He raged on and on, and apparently hung up on Turnbull after a short call and was looking for a way to not accept them.

He rwas flabbergast that Obama would agree take in 1200 refugees from Australia and expressed his anger. This isn't what leaders have done in the past when America is being taken advantage of. Trump isn't like these pushovers, he gives a shyte.

Last edited:
If another country wants something from us they should be willing to pay the asking price for it. Why don't Dems understand that?

Welp, I'm a little tired of the leftist shills...but that's what makes life interesting now doesn't it :)

And hey, that was very nice of old lady...them snickerdoodles were truly scrumptious!

(hey chitty ho chitty chitty chitty bang bang chitty chitty we be friends)

If another country wants something from us they should be willing to pay the asking price for it. Why don't Dems understand that?
In this case the "asking price" was illegal help in an election

Just wait till you get into it with her... :ack-1:

Already have...but I still like her :)

This liking any democrat has to stop in order to save the nation

All Democrats are guilty of gross hypocrisy

Mass murder of innocent us babies cannot be tolerated

Doing so totally destroys the system of justice and brings down the nation in a blue million ways

Wake the heck UP

In this case the "asking price" was illegal help in an election
All's fair in love, war, and politics.

Sorry but there are LAWS...at least in this country.

Not sure about yours

Please identify one law that was broken on the call? I have already shown that the laws you guys were previously citing when pressed for the alleged crime--the Emoluments Clause/campaign finance laws--don't apply under the circumstances involved here, which was unanimously concluded by federal prosecutors including those who were hired during Dem administrations. So please identify a single law that was broken.

Excuse me?

It is ILLEGAL to solicit election help from a foreign nation

Forum List

Back