Laura Bush Little"tramp"on the prarie"

A

archangel

I have a sense of humor and on occassion like off color jokes,however Laura Bush went over the top and was an embarrassment to all conservatives...
In front of a audience who included Jane "Hanoi"Fonda and Michael Moore who were on invitation...along with invites to the Liberal press and other "Hollywood" types blasted family values with her off color and inappropriate sexually oriented jokes aimed at the President...Has the Republican party gone mad?What the hell are they thinking?Do they not realize that they just gave fodder to Radical Islam...By her comments she made it known that the highest level in our government are pervs and just plain weird!

I'm totally disgusted and wish that I never voted for GW,he just :piss2: on all of the Family oriented conservatives who put him in office!

Lighten up. It's called comedy. Still a free country and all that. Besides by putting the traitoress and the fat bastard in by invite, it followed the adage of keeping enemies closer.

pegwinn said:
Lighten up. It's called comedy. Still a free country and all that. Besides by putting the traitoress and the fat bastard in by invite, it followed the adage of keeping enemies closer.

The old adage keeping the enemy closer did not mean "Sleeping with the enemy" I'm sorry it was repulsive,Laura being the "Little House on the prairie" and Librarian helped put GW in office not the liberal comedy team of Michael Moore et al...also this helps al Quaida and Islam paint a picture of the degredation portrayed in US policy...doh! :cof:

I agree with Pegwinn, Archangel...I think you have just gone off your rocker.

The dinner was an adult event, there were only adults in attendance and the theme was completely about enjoying the sometime tenuous relationship between the White House and the Press Corps.

It was completely appropriate and absolutely delightful for the First Lady, who has always been reserved to the point of being boring, to step up and show the Press Corps and the country that she too, has a bit of a wicked sense of humor.

She was not entertaining a group of children, nor what she giving a speech to the Christian Coalition of America. She was addressing a largely liberal audience of people who sometimes are friendly, but more often are somewhat contentious. She was perfect, poking fun at everything and everyone, most importantly her husband, the President.

It may have been appropriate coming from anyone else, but from his wife, the President's roast was completely endearing.

It may have offended your delicate sense of morals, but she did not say anything that could be viewed as obscene in today's world. Nor did she say anything that would go against anything she has put forward as her belief system. She was great.

Not to mention that her speech writer also wrote for Reagan and Bush 1. No doubt GW knew what was in that speech. It was funny. :laugh:

archangel said:
The old adage keeping the enemy closer did not mean "Sleeping with the enemy"
A pretty good movie. The plot didn't work here. Comedy Central maybe or MST3K
archangel said:
I'm sorry it was repulsive,Laura being the "Little House on the prairie" and Librarian helped put GW in office not the liberal comedy team of Michael Moore et al...
I voted for reasons that had nothing to do with laura ingals wilder. AS I said, lighten up. Did you notice that by keeping those pesky reporters off balance, laughing and drinking, that the next days stories were more favorable?
archangel said:
also this helps al Quaida and Islam paint a picture of the degredation portrayed in US policy...doh! :cof:
In spite of your Homer Simpson imitation at the end, surely you are not truly this dense? Who freaking cares what a bunch of raghead terrorists think of us? They want you and me to die anyway. I am personally committed to arrainging a meeting with them and 72 virginians. If this ticks em off then Mrs. Bush has done her part for the war effort.

Laura Bush said:
Recently, when Vice President Cheney was down, he got up early one morning, he put on his hiking boots, and he went on a brisk, 20- to 30-foot walk.

:rotflmao:

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time! :laugh:

mom4 said:
Nothing too bad in there, I didn't think.

Her timing and delivery were great! It was a 'roast' so totally appropriate.

Gem said:

The dinner was an adult event, there were only adults in attendance and the theme was completely about enjoying the sometime tenuous relationship between the White House and the Press Corps.

It was completely appropriate and absolutely delightful for the First Lady, who has always been reserved to the point of being boring, to step up and show the Press Corps and the country that she too, has a bit of a wicked sense of humor.

She was not entertaining a group of children, nor what she giving a speech to the Christian Coalition of America. She was addressing a largely liberal audience of people who sometimes are friendly, but more often are somewhat contentious. She was perfect, poking fun at everything and everyone, most importantly her husband, the President.

It may have been appropriate coming from anyone else, but from his wife, the President's roast was completely endearing.

It may have offended your delicate sense of morals, but she did not say anything that could be viewed as obscene in today's world. Nor did she say anything that would go against anything she has put forward as her belief system. She was great.

Sure thing, it was a hoot. It's HeeHaw time down at the ole farm. Nothing like dumbing down the First Lady to meet the low standards of liberals. Maybe next time she could emulate Whoopi.

We know this was choreographed by the Republican handlers and that is what makes me really wonder. Why this constant pandering to the Left? Don't they know that all the liberals will do is just laugh and continue to spit in their faces?

Another low point of pandering was when Bush invited Elton John as a special guest to the White House right after Elton John stated that Bush was the worst thing to ever happen to America. I just don't get it. :huh:

Gem said:

Well young lady please tell that to the American people when Radical Islam uses this as a excuse to attack the White House,Congress,The US Supreme Court not to mention our young troops on the ground in Iraq...How soon y'all forgot when they executed hostages and used the excuse of the Prison panty raid...golly gee everyone thought that was so terrible...our young troops sexually humiliating the enemy! If Laura made the comments at a adult cocktail party and I was in attendance I would agree with you on the sense of humor,however it was broadcast on National and International news agencies...now it is fodder for the enemy to recruit...get a grip....funny it is not! :usa:

gop_jeff said:
:rotflmao:

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time! :laugh:

Yup I'll bet you will be rolling on the floor when al Quaida and Osama make their next terrorist attack using new recruits thanks to Laura and the wonderful and intelligent GOP writer! They love anti USA fodder especially when it appears as if they are correct thinking we are nothing but pervs! :read:

pegwinn said:
A pretty good movie. The plot didn't work here. Comedy Central maybe or MST3K
I voted for reasons that had nothing to do with laura ingals wilder. AS I said, lighten up. Did you notice that by keeping those pesky reporters off balance, laughing and drinking, that the next days stories were more favorable?
In spite of your Homer Simpson imitation at the end, surely you are not truly this dense? Who freaking cares what a bunch of raghead terrorists think of us? They want you and me to die anyway. I am personally committed to arrainging a meeting with them and 72 virginians. If this ticks em off then Mrs. Bush has done her part for the war effort.

:rolleyes:

archangel,

If you truly believe that the terrorists are going to go out tomorrow searching high and low for an American to kill simply because Laura Bush mentioned that she watches Desperate Housewives then you really are off your rocker.

The terrorists have their reasons for killing Americans, we are threatening their way of life and they believe that if they kill enough people, we will chicken out and go home. It has nothing to do with Abu Ghraib, nothing to do with Laura Bush...get a grip.

Why is Laura Bush showing a wacky sense of humor automatically considered "pandering to the left?" My god...is anyone who makes a potty joke a stoolie (pun intended) for the whacko liberals???!?!?!??!

You all have to take a breath...you are acting exactly like the right-wing nutjobs that the left always accuses all of us as being. The woman was at an adult cocktail party...she made jokes...not about anything serious, not about the war, the soldiers, Muslims...but rather about how her husband goes to bed early, leaving her up and alone watching TV...you could hear this in almost any household in America...there is nothing racy about that...she did not tarnish her image at all.

The other jokes, those about Chippendales, etc. were so OBVIOUSLY tongue in cheek that it saddens me you took them so seriously, no one thinking clearly would.

When you watch Road Runner cartoons do you actually think that coyotes were harmed in their making?

The First Lady gave a funny speech at a dinner notorious for people trying to lighten up and give funny speeches. The only difference is that Laura Bush was actually funny.

But way to prove the liberals right by instantaneously trying to slap her down for having the audacity to express something other than absolute upright, rigid, "Christian" morality at all times...and not allowing her the right to be a human being...joking about her husband.

SHEESH!!!!

Kathianne said:
Not to mention that her speech writer also wrote for Reagan and Bush 1. No doubt GW knew what was in that speech. It was funny. :laugh:

it was hilarious! The bit about her, Lynne Cheney, Condi Rice and Karen Hughes going to Chippendales was too funny... :teeth:

When you watch Road Runner cartoons do you actually think that coyotes were harmed in their making?
You mean, they're not? Wow!! That's a big load off of my mind! Now I can go back to sleep! :)

archangel said:
Yup I'll bet you will be rolling on the floor when al Quaida and Osama make their next terrorist attack using new recruits thanks to Laura and the wonderful and intelligent GOP writer! They love anti USA fodder especially when it appears as if they are correct thinking we are nothing but pervs! :read:

You're nuts. This wasn't some propoganda film, it was an annual dinner. This happens every year. It's the one time the administration can poke fun at itself. As far as terrorists using it to recruit, maybe they'll try. If it's not this, it's something else. I can more easilly see them using news broadcasts than comedy routines though. Take a chill pill.

archangel said:
Well young lady please tell that to the American people when Radical Islam uses this as a excuse to attack the White House,Congress,The US Supreme Court not to mention our young troops on the ground in Iraq...How soon y'all forgot when they executed hostages and used the excuse of the Prison panty raid...golly gee everyone thought that was so terrible...our young troops sexually humiliating the enemy! If Laura made the comments at a adult cocktail party and I was in attendance I would agree with you on the sense of humor,however it was broadcast on National and International news agencies...now it is fodder for the enemy to recruit...get a grip....funny it is not! :usa:

they need an excuse other than were infidels?

Forum List

Back