Latino Immigrants Falling In Line With Past Migration Grouops - Language-wise

If you did just a little research, youd see that the mex call us

"fat ugly whites" and "get out of here. You are finished. We are making more babies than the whites that are not making any" "we will win without firing a shot simply by population". And a lot more. This type of statements are common and well known here but you are not here so you dont know.

I dont come here and post things I imagine like all of you. Im here, your there. I post fucking fact.

Regardless of the propaganda, Latino immigrants are becoming English dominate and most become English only as the generation increase. See the story. By 3rd generation only 17% of Mex-Americans speak spanish and ONLY 5% speak Spanish in the 4th generations.

As the illegal immigration fight moves nowhere, I am glad to know the fear of by a country of two languages where the sides speak different languages appears not to be an issue.

There are only good and valid reasons to fight illegal immigration and secure the border, but I am again glad that losing our language isn't one of them.

Sorry, I don't speak Spanish: Hispanics deal with the loss of Spanish fluency | Minero Magazine
The results of The Children of Immigrants Longitudinal Study conveyed that 17 percent of third-generation Mexican-Americans speak Spanish, while 5 percent of the fourth generation speaks Spanish. Campbell describes the absence of a mother language in upcoming generations as a form of assimilation. “By and large in the United States, it is the pressure of the American culture that forces Mexicans or Latinos to ultimately make English their first language,” Campbell says.

He credits the preference of the English language among the youth in El Paso to be inevitable because of the fact that it is all around them. “We have to be realistic—Spanish is confronted by American popular culture. English is needed in the school systems, in getting a job and in terms of their social identity and their social lives,” he says. “Students may speak Spanish at home with their family, which is usually the case for second and third generations, but ultimately it begins slanting to English.”

English is introduced during the early levels of the American public education system, which plays a role in Spanish fluency loss among young Mexican-Americans. In elementary school programs, Spanish speakers are transitioned from speaking Spanish to speaking English. Matthew Castro, a second-generation Mexican-American, grew up speaking Spanish at home, but at an early age was transitioned to the English language. “I grew up speaking Spanish, but probably when I was 6 or 7 years old, I started to pick up English,” he says. “School was probably the reason why I stopped talking Spanish.”

When I went to college in Mexico, two of the students who came on the trip were of Mexican descent. They didn't speak fluent Spanish, hence going to college in Mexico for a semester. I was upset with my sister in law for not teaching her kids Thai. Now they can't speak to their relatives in Thailand. While I think all immigrants should learn our language and we shouldn't have to provide anything to them in their language, I do think they should pass on their language to their kids. Speaking multiple languages is a good thing and one thing in which you'll find that America is very behind.

Blacks in the south were hated by blue collar whites who feared advancement by blacks meant lose of jobs.

And they encountered the same when great numbers of black Americans migrated to northern cities.

Americans get outraged when foreigners in their country don't speak English, yet when they're abroad they expect everyone from the waiter to the man on street to be fluent in English.

Gross over-generalization.

Hard to tell. All those Europeans that didn't learn English, they were never a problem.

That's not what a great many Americans said at the time. You're not as old as you like to pretend.

I just got back from shopping at Wal-Mart. I shop there because I can't afford to go anywhere else. A good two thirds of the people there spouting Española. I find that rather disrespectful. Coming from people that just want to be "accepted", they find it in their hearts to reject English. They are NOT actually speaking English in public. Saying you are learning English is one thing, but when they aren't actually doing that in REAL time, that is proof apparent. Thirty years ago, I never heard any foreign language in public. The fact it's commonplace NOW, speaks for itself. OH, the freedom of speech thing....yeah. That works wonderfully well if you have a common language. Not so much if everyone is speaking drabble from bable. And so it goes.

Were these people speaking to you? Were they employees from whom you requested assistance? If not, it's none of your fucking business what people speak to each other, in public or private.

R
Im sitting in a McDonalds in Glendora.
The only language i hear is mexican. Including the people behind the counter.

The language to which you are referring is Spanish, you idiot. And get your fat, disgusting ass out of McDonald's, you've got enough problems.

First of all you POS, I am 6'2" and weigh 220lbs so, I am not fat. Also, i am not an idiot as I realize this problem and you do not so, you are the idiot. And.my whole body was in Mc Donalde [sic], not just my ass...that is what you are. The language is mex [sic]. Another childish post from a child is all your post is.

The language in question is called "Spanish," you moron. And don't go on about your adventures in McDonald's and expect anyone to believe you aren't a fat, disgusting slob.

Right now I'm in Washington, but I've lived two years in Tuscon and and about 8 years in Miami, so I'm pretty familiar with the problem. I was born in a small southern town that 70% black.

California is not 54% Mexican. Do you have a link?

The little punk likes to demand proof but never provides any himself. And when presented with FACTS that directly contradict his asinine assumptions he just denies reality or runs away with his tail between his legs. He's got some growing up to do.

Ha ha ha. You make me laugh. Ummmm...maybe I wasnt here to debate? Maybe?

Maybe you're an ignorant little punk? Maybe?

Today's immigrants are adopting the English language at least as well as those waves of immigrants who came before them. Much faster, in fact, than some of the ancestors of those very big mouths crying about pressing 1 or pressing 2 today.

So...neither of you are in California...right?

Oh of course not. No one has ever been to California but YOU and all the Latinos that frighten you so. And of course no other part of the country has any immigrant population...

:rolleyes:

"Stupid" is not a viable position, kid. Stay in school.

They talk mex, look you right in the eye as to say eff you. Then they talk mex even louder.
They dont care about english, they dont want to be American. They just want to turn the south west into mexico. Ive been hearing that from the mex ever since I was a kid. They have even named the south west. They call it aztlan. Does THAT sound lioke they want to assimilate?? You should see what the mex have done to the middle class neiborhood that I grew up in.

Learn English or get the fuck out of my country, punk.

google "mexicans takin over california".

You wont...will you.

You can also google Jews control the US gov and media and just because you will see millions of hits doesn't make it more creditable.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I know our personally experience might dictate otherwise. We see Hispanics (including children) only speaking Spanish in public etc. However, this could be the Walmart effect (people go into Walmart and see Made in<Not the US> and think we don't manufacture anything in America, when in fact we STILL manufacture 20% plus of the worlds goods which is still #1). I fall into this many times when ironically I am in Walmart. However, the studies seem to be different.

IV. Language Use among Latinos | Pew Research Center's Hispanic Trends Project

Number: % Spanish Dominate - % Bilingual - % English Dominate
All Hispanics: 38% - 38% - 24% (I suppose it's because we still have such an illegal immigrant problem that our government won't fight)
1st Gen: 61% - 33% - 6%
2nd Gen: 8% - 53% - 40%
3rd Gen: 2% - 29% - 69%

I do wonder if this is different in CA vs say FL, IL or TX!

Forum List

Back