Do you drink soda?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The pros and cons of eating bacon........

Bad news: Some people in Canada would prefer to eat bacon than have sex.
In a study conducted by Maple Leaf Foods, 43 percent of the respondents said they would rather eat some bacon than have sex. Also, you may want to know that when asked to rank the aromas of the two activities, 23 percent of men said they prefer bacon.

Good news: You can have sex with bacon.
If you are one of those people who would eat bacon over having sex, you can now have the best of both worlds. J&D Foods seems to be a company devoted to including bacon in every aspect of life. Therefore they have created bacon condoms:

9 Unfortunate Truths About Juicy Scrumptious Bacon

Sure, in moderation, like everything else, it isn't really going to hurt you.
I eat bacon practically every day, several pounds/week and I've never suffered any ill effects from it.

The misconception that saturated fat is bad for your health derives from a junk science article by Ancil Keyes back in the 50s that sort of went viral.

I agree that fat is not anywhere near as bad as they claim. We actually need a certain amount to remain healthy.

My problem with bacon is the preservatives. Without those it is awesome but since it is virtually impossible to avoid the preservatives I limit my own consumption to about once a month. Instead I eat just regular pork in various dishes ranging from chops to pulled pork in chili.

And yes, I eat beef, chicken and a whole range of fish too. As with all of these things the portion size matters.
Preservatives are not a problem in bacon.

The heat from cooking bacon causes the preservatives to form nitrosamines that are a problem.
1) I don't burn my bacon.

2) In the USA bacon contains anti-oxidants that prevent nitrites and nitrates from forming nitrosamines.

Bacon cooks best on very low heat.

The pros and cons of eating bacon........

Bad news: Some people in Canada would prefer to eat bacon than have sex.
In a study conducted by Maple Leaf Foods, 43 percent of the respondents said they would rather eat some bacon than have sex. Also, you may want to know that when asked to rank the aromas of the two activities, 23 percent of men said they prefer bacon.

Good news: You can have sex with bacon.
If you are one of those people who would eat bacon over having sex, you can now have the best of both worlds. J&D Foods seems to be a company devoted to including bacon in every aspect of life. Therefore they have created bacon condoms:

9 Unfortunate Truths About Juicy Scrumptious Bacon

Okay, I like bacon, but bacon condoms is taking things too far!!! :lol:

I eat bacon practically every day, several pounds/week and I've never suffered any ill effects from it.

The misconception that saturated fat is bad for your health derives from a junk science article by Ancil Keyes back in the 50s that sort of went viral.

I agree that fat is not anywhere near as bad as they claim. We actually need a certain amount to remain healthy.

My problem with bacon is the preservatives. Without those it is awesome but since it is virtually impossible to avoid the preservatives I limit my own consumption to about once a month. Instead I eat just regular pork in various dishes ranging from chops to pulled pork in chili.

And yes, I eat beef, chicken and a whole range of fish too. As with all of these things the portion size matters.

The heat from cooking bacon causes the preservatives to form nitrosamines that are a problem.

2) In the USA bacon contains anti-oxidants that prevent nitrites and nitrates from forming nitrosamines.

I don't pre-heat the oven and set it at 350. Also, I bake it on a broiler pan. The broiler pan catches the grease and prevents it from splattering all over the place. If there's big chunks of fat on it I trim them off because they will make your bacon cook unevenly.

I don't pre-heat the oven and set it at 350. Also, I bake it on a broiler pan. The broiler pan catches the grease and prevents it from splattering all over the place. If there's big chunks of fat on it I trim them off because they will make your bacon cook unevenly.

I just use a pan on low heat. Turn them once and then put them onto paper towel on a plate before serving. Crispy and tasty just the way bacon should be served.

Oh, and there is no splatter either at low heat.

Forum List

Back