Last Memorial To Traitors Coming Down

I was surprised to learn that those statues of those rebels were erected in the early 1900's.

Well I guess a late attempt at education is better than none.

So it must have been strictly a KKK race thing and had nothing to do with the Civil War itself.

At any rate, good riddance.

Lee, Davis, Longstreet, and every rebel general should have been hanged in one gala event in Wash DC.

But Johnson let them all go free. No wonder there were cries for his impeachment.

Oops. Never mind.

Looks like the last monument to traitors and losers is coming down in New Orleans. The people that support being a traitor and loser have offered up every excuse in the book to no avail. To them I say put up as many monuments in museums as you want to. Erect statues on your own property even. Its a good day in New Orleans today.

New Orleans to remove Gen. Robert E. Lee statue - CNN.com

get
I was surprised to learn that those statues of those rebels were erected in the early 1900's.

So it must have been strictly a KKK race thing and had nothing to do with the Civil War itself.

Lee, Davis, Longstreet, and every rebel general should have been hanged in one gala event in Wash DC.

But Johnson let them all go free. No wonder there were cries for his impeachment.

So sounds like you would have been in favor of Washington being hanged had the British won the Revolutionary War.

Listen...Washingtonian's statues are the next to go. This is only the beginning.

I'm not quite sure how words I never posted were somehow attributed to me. My only comment was; "he's not a traitor."

And my comment should be enough to make people understand that the people these monuments represent not only waged war on a horrific scale to maintain slavery they in fact tried to expand slavery to other states at the point of s gun.

Thomas Jefferson did none of those things.

Yes you have the sloppy thinking even for a liberal. So treason is defined by slavery now? And Thomas Jefferson, slaveowner and slave holder advocate in the Continental Congress wasn't a traitor to the British government somehow. Thomas Jefferson who designated Louisiana a slave territory when he purchased it.Jefferson who brought his slaves to the White House?
I would say "explain that" but never mind.

Hey wasn't John Brown executed for murder, conspiracy and treason by the US Army for using violence to attack the institution of slavery?
I am almost sure he was. Why don't you look it up?
And yet there are statues to him all over the United States.

You are also wrong about the waging war part. The South was invaded. Northern armies invaded the states the Confederate generals called home. How do you get "expanding slavery to other states on the point of a gun" from that?

By the way...interesting bit of history trivia. There were more slave states in the north than the south when the Civil War began. Several slave states remained in the Union and fought against the Confederacy. They were welcomed and their institutions of slavery protected in the Federal Congress. Delaware and Maryland come to mind. Slaves which escaped from Union slave states and territories were captured and returned by the US Government throughout the war.
Washington DC remained a slave territory until the US Congress repealed slavery there in 1862. BUT they did not repeal the fugitive slave act so slaves which ran away from Union slave states were captured if they came to DC and returned. The D.C. slaveowners were compensated for the loss of their slave property at 300.00 per slave and the slaves were encouraged by the act to leave the country and settle in Africa. They received a 100.00 award for voluntarily leaving Washington. Didnt work.

You assume far to much. All of it wrong

What did Wat Tyler do wrong ? Peasants revolt is not a bad thing.

Did you miss the subject line? Wat Tyler was a "traitor" and was executed as such. How hard is that?
Civilized nations do not erase their history of division and civil war.

In this case it goes farther. It is part of a generalized revisionism and cultural war.

Dear me, what an ignorant fellow you are.

Wat Tyler led a peasants revolt against unjust taxation imposed by a foreign born king.

If only I could think of an American example to help me better illustrate this.

Dear me what a chubby faggot you are. I say again...look at the subject. "Traitors". Wat Tyler was a Traitor. Executed as one. His followers "burned law books", raped and pillaged in London, killed law officers and beheaded people who appeared wealthy. They conducted a pogrom and massacred Flemish immigrants....men women and children.
Yet the UK (not the EU you sniveling surrender monkey) has no problem memorializing him as part of history.

And your answer is "oh dear me he was a good traitor" though? Irrelevant.

That you liked him does not make a whit of difference to the topic here. Start a new topic perhaps and call it "Memorial to traitors I favor" perhaps? There was no argument in the OP about taxation or good rebellions verses bad or your favorite traitors as opposed to your disliked traitors.

The simple fact is Confederate Generals were not traitors for reasons foreigners will never understand. They werent tried or convicted as such in even a single case. The Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court refused to even entertain the idea.
The original post title is wrong as evidenced by the centuries of US government honors to Confederates I gave as examples.
But even if it were right then there is still the principle that no civilized people erases its history.

Try and pay attention while you bow and scrape to Brussels...a traitor yourself.

By the way, England has a huge problem with immigrants but Richard II wasn't one of them. He wasn't "foreign born". He was born in the English principality of Aquatine...as much a part of the realm as England.
Hmmm. tell that to the French. I can find no reference to these pogroms but there was some blood spilt. Not enough really, they should have finished the job and killed the king who was an enemy of the people.
Difficult to equate a man who was essentially a fighter for human rights and a bunch of Godless slavers. How many good men died to bring an end to evil ? How many black people lived and died under the heel of the slavers?
Fuck them and their shitty flag and shitty statues.

Well I guess a late attempt at education is better than none.

Oops. Never mind.
iggy list.

These dumbazz johnnie rebs still think the south will rise again ...

... this is because Lee and Longstreet and Davis and the other rebel generals were not hanged ... they should have been.

If we were to erase history, we wouldn't acknowledge it. We wouldn't teach it in the classroom. We would be like China and censor history like they censored the picture of the Tank Man at Tiananmen Square. We don't do that.

People like myself just don't think someone who seceded from the union should be rewarded with a statue. My allegiance is to the United States of America, not the Confederate States of America.

That moron doesn't even realize that HE can be ignored to. I didn't even know how to ignore people, I had to look it up. But now that I know, he's the first one I ignored. Good riddance to liberal stupidity.

... this is because Lee and Longstreet and Davis and the other rebel generals were not hanged ... they should have been.

And again, if you believe that, then you must agree that Washington and many in his army should have been hanged had the British won the Revolutionary War.

And again, if you believe that, then you must agree that Washington and many in his army should have been hanged had the British won the Revolutionary War.

I believe they would have been hanged if the British won.

And would you have been ok with that?

And would you have been ok with that?

No, perhaps if I was British or a Tory, though.

People like myself just don't think someone who seceded from the union should be rewarded with a statue. My allegiance is to the United States of America, not the Confederate States of America.

People like yourself? The best people I'm sure.

Nevertheless we think they should be rewarded with statues. it is part of our history and cultural heritage. Part of America's to be sure which is why Confederate vets are considered American vets but specifically part of ours as southerners. The Confederates weren't an accident of history. They chose what they did and I admire them for it. The US government provided memorials for two of my Confederate ancestors.
As I said..it was never a problem...before anti-Americanism rose here. The anti-Trump wing are rabidly anti-American and this is just one demonstration of it.
And yes you are just like the Chinese, or any other, Marxists and Red Guards (ISIS as well). They ripped down statues and defaced memorials in their zeal to erase old influences. Because the past the key to any culture and it is the culture they want to destroy.

People like yourself? The best people I'm sure.

Nevertheless we think they should be rewarded with statues. it is part of our history and cultural heritage. Part of America's to be sure which is why Confederate vets are considered American vets but specifically part of ours as southerners. The Confederates weren't an accident of history. They chose what they did and I admire them for it. The US government provided memorials for two of my Confederate ancestors.
As I said..it was never a problem...before anti-Americanism rose here. The anti-Trump wing are rabidly anti-American and this is just one demonstration of it.
And yes you are just like the Chinese, or any other, Marxists and Red Guards (ISIS as well). They ripped down statues and defaced memorials in their zeal to erase old influences. Because the past the key to any culture and it is the culture they want to destroy.

They didn't do anything to deserve being rewarded with a statue. Just because they are part of history doesn't mean it is a good thing in this case. They should not be admired for what they did. They were on the wrong side of history and obviously wanted to divide us and break us up.

Removing Confederate statues isn't anti-American. It's pro-American. It is because of the United States we have a union.

This needs to be a lesson that secession was and is wrong. I commend the removal of the statues.

Forum List

Back