Last combat troops leave Iraq - another Obama promise kept

uuuuum

wasn't the agreement to withdraw written and signed during the bush admin.....

status of force agreement iraq - Google Search

so technically obama fulfilled bush's promise ....

isn't google cool.....no wonder the dems want to shut it down.....

yeah my main problem with Obama. Just more of the same, stay the course, etc.
nothing really origional so far.

other than healthcare...i agree...still killing people...still passing out money....still holding folks in gitmo....illegal issue is the same.....world still hates us.....i told everyone once he had his first briefing nothing would really change.....

Well technically they were not jammies but some brilliantly colored robes or somesuch that would be called Jammies if Bush wore them in public in America.

Pretty silly garments for the president of the USA to be photographed in.
not to anyone that understand international culture

And the NO Mosques in America thing is understanding international culture?

did i miss a meeting ... did congress outlaw mosques....

Well technically they were not jammies but some brilliantly colored robes or somesuch that would be called Jammies if Bush wore them in public in America.

Who said No Mosques?

The point, there's some real concerns about "moderate" islamists: Like a ripe avocado, seem to go bad rather easily.

very few are saying "no mosques in America"
most are saying NOT THERE

There was a reason Fox did not televise the departure from Iraq. The only station that was able to televise the troops leaving Iraq was NBC:

The network had, in Olbermann's words, "a world exclusive" with NBC News chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel and his cameraman Craig White, live, embedded with the final convoy to leave Iraq. White was David Bloom's cameraman in April, 2003, when the NBC News anchor died during the U.S.-led invasion. Seven years later, Engel and White used the so-called Bloom mobile to report the final troop departure.

Said Maddow at the top of the 9pmET hour, "The reason no one else in all of TV and all the world is able to bring you the image that we've been able to broadcast ... and no one else can show you footage like this is because NBC has technology to do this like no one else has."

Fox News first mentioned the troop movements during "Special Report" at 6:10pmET, led with the story and reported it extensively during FOX Report at 7pmET. No mention was made during "The O'Reilly Factor" which is pre-taped earlier in the evening. Shepard Smith anchored a live update at 8:12pmET during "The Factor." Coverage was sporadic during "Hannity" at 9pmET and "On the Record" at 10pmET.

mediabistro.com: TVNewser - And Now the News...About TV News

Maybe Fox aren't so keen to play mouthpiece for more fucking lying shit from the Administration?

Oh, get bent. Didn't you ever hear that if you have nothing nice to say then just shut up??? Bitch!!!!

Last edited:
There was a reason Fox did not televise the departure from Iraq. The only station that was able to televise the troops leaving Iraq was NBC:

The network had, in Olbermann's words, "a world exclusive" with NBC News chief foreign correspondent Richard Engel and his cameraman Craig White, live, embedded with the final convoy to leave Iraq. White was David Bloom's cameraman in April, 2003, when the NBC News anchor died during the U.S.-led invasion. Seven years later, Engel and White used the so-called Bloom mobile to report the final troop departure.

Said Maddow at the top of the 9pmET hour, "The reason no one else in all of TV and all the world is able to bring you the image that we've been able to broadcast ... and no one else can show you footage like this is because NBC has technology to do this like no one else has."

Fox News first mentioned the troop movements during "Special Report" at 6:10pmET, led with the story and reported it extensively during FOX Report at 7pmET. No mention was made during "The O'Reilly Factor" which is pre-taped earlier in the evening. Shepard Smith anchored a live update at 8:12pmET during "The Factor." Coverage was sporadic during "Hannity" at 9pmET and "On the Record" at 10pmET.

Maybe Fox aren't so keen to play mouthpiece for more fucking lying shit from the Administration?

Oh, get bent. Didn't you ever hear that if you have nothing nice today then just shut up??? Bitch!!!!
WOW, such irony

Differentiating between "Combat" troops and "Non-Combat" troops in the irregular warfare of Iraq is an oxymoronic statement. Then, I'm not sure it's even 'oxy.'

Not until all troops are extracted from Iraq will this mean anything.

Bush praises Vietnam’s rise, hopes for stronger ties

Meeting Vietnamese leaders Friday, US President George W. Bush praised Vietnam for its dynamic socio-economic development and expressed his wish that bilateral ties would be further developed.
Bush affirmed Vietnam was an important partner for the US and hoped bilateral relations and dialogues would develop further on issues of common concern.

VN Embassy : PRESIDENT BUSH VISITS VIETNAM

Looking for the jammies picture.
thats what i was asking for the source for
i knew he had visited Vietnam
silkysmooth.jpg

Sorry, i read a good amount of the thread but I have a question. How many troops were pulled out, American troops.

There are still 50,000 American troops in Iraq and they will continue to see combat.

Despite new mission, US troops still in the fight in Iraq - Yahoo! News

So much for that claim.

Thank you, my question was how many American troops were pulled out though. I understand that this is about equal to Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner.
It's campaign season, Obama needs to make the Democrats look good, he should have waited a week before people went in to vote on Senate/Congress people but it looks like the timetable was set by Bush, before Obama was even president. Now this “Iraq Pull Out" will be scrutinized and probably make Obama/Dems look even worse... Well, not to TM, she thinks black people are a superior race or something.

So, what were the number of troop is Iraq lets say 3 months ago, and compare that to the “After Iraq Pull Out” numbers.

Well, let’s be realistic here, Obama doesn't want the troops home because that would push unemployment over 10% again hahaha..

Go to war, at least you get paid!

Oh, get bent. Didn't you ever hear that if you have nothing nice to say then just shut up??? Bitch!!!!

I see you're still talking out of your fat ass, drooler. I haven't forgotten your nasty mouth of old - in particular, your statement that my fiance was better off dead than married to me. I say this so that the rest of the forum remembers it too.

Now, stop stuffing your mouth full of donuts and get a life, uglybug.

Oh, get bent. Didn't you ever hear that if you have nothing nice today then just shut up??? Bitch!!!!
WOW, such irony

She's never gonna see it. But then, she's the kind of person that thinks it ok to resort to personal comments about the dead in order to 'score' a 'point'. She's just some fat ass, couch potato who's eaten a few too many donuts.... Sugar high makes her cranky. :lol:

Your lack of comprehension is not my responsibility.

Coming from someone who says war saves lives.

It does indeed. The nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved millions of lives.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

So, if we kill all the people in the world there will be peace.

I guess that would be hard to dispute.

BTW, I don't vote Democrat.

Coming from someone who says war saves lives.

It does indeed. The nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved millions of lives.

Or we could try your kind of peace:

Let the bad guys kill us all.
Kill Jews Party?

Or we could try your kind of peace:

Let the bad guys kill us all.
Kill Jews Party?

What bad guys. I can't think of anyplace I would go where I would be attacked.

I have never mentioned killing any Jews.

More like a Bush promise kept. This draw-down is a Bush plan. It was signed in 2008 by Bush and the Iraqi Government. I know Hopey Changey took all the credit for this but it was a Bush plan. The Media should have called him on this. Oh well,i guess they're far too busy licking his boots.

who says this?....outside of the anti-Islamic crowd....which is expected...

Forum List

Back