Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

[Q

When shooters use AR style weapons they kill and injure more. .

Where the hell did you come up with that silliness?

Only about 1% of all gunshot deaths are caused by AR-15 or other firearms that the Moon Bats call "assault weapons".

The great majority of gun deaths are caused by cheap handguns shot by druggies, gangbangers and minority thugs in Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

They are trying to focus on mass public shootings because they want to ban AR-15s......knowing that if we allow them to ban those rifles, they can come back and demand that all other semi-automatic rifles, pistols and shotguns can be banned since they are operate the same way.

Like you I know the agenda of the Moon Bat filth.

However, there some really stupid Moon Bats that don't know the facts and think that ARs are dangerous.

These same idiots have no clue where the most gun deaths in this country takes place and what kind of firearms are used.

They think it is an Obama redneck White guy with an AR-15 when in reality is much more likely to be an Obama voting Black druggie with a stolen handgun.

First.....none of the weapons you listed are "Assault Weapons," so you aren't even addressing the topic..... and the rifles used are not "more deadly," than pistols or shotguns. How deadly a weapon is depends on who they are used against and the location....... 2 pistols in Virginia Tech killed 32 people....the rifle you want banned killed only 3 at Gilroy......location, not the rifle, is the main determinant of deaths.

These assault style weapons when used in mass shootings average out more killed and wounded. I'm sorry you can't reconcile that.

They had more kills because the targets they chose were gun free zones....and they learned from previous shooters.......again....since you seem a little slow on the uptake.....any of the shootings done with rifles could have been done with pistols.......the only exception is Vegas because the long range of the attack........

In fact......outside of the exception of the Vegas shooting, with 4oo yard shooting distance......Virginia Tech had the highest number of dead, at 32 with 2 pistols.....Luby's cafe, with 2 pistols had 24, Sandy Hook with the rifle had 26, and could have been done with pistols...the only reason Sandy Hook had so many deaths is the shooter planned the attack and targeted the smallest, most helpless children in the school.....

You have no argument that is rational.......

Oh, I didn't realize that only assault style weapons were used in gun free zones. BS.

Assault style weapons are used in 25% of mass shootings and responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those who are wounded.

And with the lone exception of Vegas...Pistols killed the more people than rifles have.....32...the most in any shooting that didn't require 400 yard shots......

They are not Assault Style weapons.......and ladders kill more people than all Rifles do......combined......bicycles kill more people every single year than all rifles do......

You have no rational argument...

Per the link I had provided assault style weapons have been used in 25% of all mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injured. You seem to be incapable of responding to this.

EDIT: Since Columbine

I did respond.....those killed would have been killed had they used pistols or shotguns.......so the rifle isn't the issue...the gun free status of the location....and how long it takes someone to shoot back to stop them is the issue.

These same idiots have no clue where the most gun deaths in this country takes place and what kind of firearms are used.
They think it is an Obama redneck White guy with an AR-15 when in reality is much more likely to be an Obama voting Black druggie with a stolen handgun.
You are ~600x more likely to be murdered with a handgun than with an 'assault weapon' in a mass shooting

[QU

It is as rational as your argument is.........

Total killed by rifles in mass public shootings in 2019..... 73.

Total number of just AR-15 rifles in the country....over 18 million.

Total killed by ladders....300.

Total killed by bicycles...345.

If it is the number killed each year, you need to demand ladders and bicycles be banned...according to your argument.

Like I say whenever this discussion comes up. The swimming pool in my backyard is much much more likely to kill someone than my 30 AR-15s.

They are trying to focus on mass public shootings because they want to ban AR-15s....
Correct.
They know the only way they can advance their agenda is to prey on the emotions of the ignorant.

I don't really have an agenda other than a real, better background check system. I'm not for an assault weapons ban as I think we're beyond that now. So, save the agendas for someone else.

First.....none of the weapons you listed are "Assault Weapons," so you aren't even addressing the topic..... and the rifles used are not "more deadly," than pistols or shotguns. How deadly a weapon is depends on who they are used against and the location....... 2 pistols in Virginia Tech killed 32 people....the rifle you want banned killed only 3 at Gilroy......location, not the rifle, is the main determinant of deaths.

These assault style weapons when used in mass shootings average out more killed and wounded. I'm sorry you can't reconcile that.

They had more kills because the targets they chose were gun free zones....and they learned from previous shooters.......again....since you seem a little slow on the uptake.....any of the shootings done with rifles could have been done with pistols.......the only exception is Vegas because the long range of the attack........

In fact......outside of the exception of the Vegas shooting, with 4oo yard shooting distance......Virginia Tech had the highest number of dead, at 32 with 2 pistols.....Luby's cafe, with 2 pistols had 24, Sandy Hook with the rifle had 26, and could have been done with pistols...the only reason Sandy Hook had so many deaths is the shooter planned the attack and targeted the smallest, most helpless children in the school.....

Oh, I didn't realize that only assault style weapons were used in gun free zones. BS.

Assault style weapons are used in 25% of mass shootings and responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those who are wounded.

And with the lone exception of Vegas...Pistols killed the more people than rifles have.....32...the most in any shooting that didn't require 400 yard shots......

They are not Assault Style weapons.......and ladders kill more people than all Rifles do......combined......bicycles kill more people every single year than all rifles do......

Per the link I had provided assault style weapons have been used in 25% of all mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injured. You seem to be incapable of responding to this.

Ladders kill more people every single year than all Rifle types do......if we need to ban these rifles, we also need to ban ladders for civilian use...only the police and military should use them.

And, apparently, you cannot tell us why this matters.

I have several times, I don't think you've responded to any of the times I've answered that.

They are trying to focus on mass public shootings because they want to ban AR-15s....
Correct.
They know the only way they can advance their agenda is to prey on the emotions of the ignorant.

I don't really have an agenda other than a real, better background check system. I'm not for an assault weapons ban as I think we're beyond that now. So, save the agendas for someone else.

What background check system do you want....

Keeping in mind that the current, mandatory, federal background check system is ignored by criminals...who use straw buyers who can pass any background check...or they steal their guns......and those who do mass public shootings can pass background checks.....or the government screws up.......

I did respond.....those killed would have been killed had they used pistols or shotguns.......so the rifle isn't the issue...the gun free status of the location....and how long it takes someone to shoot back to stop them is the issue.

Really? GO over every mass shooting since 1999, which were used by assault style weapons and those used with other types and get back to me.

I have several times, I don't think you've responded to any of the times I've answered that.
No. You have not.
Not once.
Not once have you told us why the fact assault style weapons have been used in 25% of all mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injured matters.
Disagree? Feel free to cite the post and quote the text.

Correct.

You don't have an agenda....which is why you have argued for banning these rifles over the last several pages of posts....

Correct.

What background check system do you want....

Keeping in mind that the current, mandatory, federal background check system is ignored by criminals...who use straw buyers who can pass any background check...or they steal their guns......and those who do mass public shootings can pass background checks.....or the government screws up.......

A better collaborative system between states and the federal government, get rid of gun show/private sale loop holes and more inclusive of mental health issues.

Nothing is perfect, better is always better.

Really? GO over every mass shooting since 1999, which were used by assault style weapons and those used with other types and get back to me.
How does the fact 'assault weapons' were used in these shootings negate the claim than other weapons could have been used to the same effect?

No. You have not.
Not once.
Not once have you told us why the fact assault style weapons have been used in 25% of all mass shootings yet responsible for 40% of those killed and 69% of those injured matters.
I've told you several times why I think it matters, you've ignored it.

Feel free to go back and find my replies.

I have.....there is one exception...Las Vegas....where the shooter was shooting out to 400 yards...every single other one you listed could have been done with the same number of dead with pistols...as Virginia Tech shows...

Virginia Tech....32 killed.....

You have no point.....

Sandy Hook....26 killed, children, 5 years old, could all have been murdered with pistols.........

Pulse Night Club.....rifle...49...could have been killed with pistols.....gun free zone. The killer walked around the nighclub murdering the wounded because the police didn't go in.........watch the Documentary ACtive shooter...the survivors state he walked around calmly shooting people...it doesn't take a rifle to shoot people in a small night club.....look at the size of the place in that documentary...

No. You have not.
Not once.
I've told you several times why I think it matters, you've ignored it.
This is a lie.

How does the fact 'assault weapons' were used in these shootings negate the claim than other weapons could have been used to the same effect?

Because no other evidence by you guys has been provided except someone claiming that every mass shooting with an assault style weapon since Columbine was only used in a gun free zone...or something like that, the guy obviously hadn't looked at all those mass shootings that make up the statistics I posted.

Forum List

Back