Larded up Omnibus budget bill apparently dead in Senate

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Already? I would have thought they'd fight alittle more.

Considering how long it took just to print out the bill. I am not surprised their is opposition to passing it within 2 days.

Gee, the GOP didn't win the senate, they won the house.

I bet you money that the budget served up by the next congress is bigger and contains more pork, but flavored to suit the tastes of both parties, not just the dems.

Anybody brazen enough to take that bet?

Gee, the GOP didn't win the senate, they won the house.

I bet you money that the budget served up by the next congress is bigger and contains more pork, but flavored to suit the tastes of both parties, not just the dems.

Anybody brazen enough to take that bet?

I sure hope not. But considering the track record of our politicians....

Yeah. Reid will try, try again to spend way too much of our money.

But at least for now, Reid folded.

Elections matter.

The Republicans hung tough.

A good bit of news overall.

The substitute bill offered by McConnell to keep the gubmint running is supposedly just 1 page long.

McConnell found religion! Way to be.

I am very proud of that old boy right about now.

Much ado about nothing. It's going to pass, if not by Jan 1 soon after that. The average voter could care less as long as his taxes don't increase in 2011.

As Jason Lewis pointed out tonight... it is not just the pork. It is the total spending. If no allocated by pork earmarks, the money defaults to executive branch agencies to decide how they want to spend it. The total amount MUST be reduced to keep this act of spite and hostility against the American people from occurring.

Alright. An early Christmas. It got what it deserved.

Reid Pulls Controversial $1.2 Trillion Spending Bill in Favor of Short-Term Budget Fix - FoxNews.com

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, bowing to Republican opposition to a 1,924-page $1.2 trillion spending measure packed with earmarks, withdrew the bill and said he would work with Republican leaders on a smaller, short-term budget fix to avoid a looming government shutdown.

wow. I am left wondering why he even tried this crap?

hes supposed to be a politician, before you do something you have like, a plan?

thank god he doesn't have half the political skill pelosi does....what a piker.

The substitute bill offered by McConnell to keep the gubmint running is supposedly just 1 page long.

if there are no earmarks, I'll agree..at one page there cannot be(?), so...well done.

Already? I would have thought they'd fight alittle more.

Considering how long it took just to print out the bill. I am not surprised their is opposition to passing it within 2 days.

Just as ObamaCare was pumped out...and we were told just to wait to see what was in it...no need to read it...and we see the ramifications already from that ill-advised piece of tripe from the Statists.

Beautiful. That is how bills generally should be.

It's funny. Our who government was set up by the Constitution which was incredible short, yet we supposedly need all these 2000+ page bills to keep it running. Bullcrap.

It's funny. Our who government was set up by the Constitution which was incredible short, yet we supposedly need all these 2000+ page bills to keep it running. Bullcrap.

Most laws are crafted these days to keep the lawyers in business.

Most laws are crafted these days to keep the lawyers in business.

Im confident id still be in work without all this crap lol.

Reid and the Dums obviously learned the lesson of the last election. That lesson was, the American people have had ENOUGh of backroom dealing, multi thousand page bills stuffed with pork introduced and marked up in 20 minutes, self dealing and corruption. Their response was to get as much in as possible before the new posse rolled into town.
Unbelievable.
The Dems are still, The PArty of Fuck You.

Reid and the Dums obviously learned the lesson of the last election. That lesson was, the American people have had ENOUGh of backroom dealing, multi thousand page bills stuffed with pork introduced and marked up in 20 minutes, self dealing and corruption. Their response was to get as much in as possible before the new posse rolled into town.
Unbelievable.
The Dems are still, The PArty of Fuck You.

The party of petulant children with an overdue credit card that ran out decades ago. And that goes for BOTH parties.

The Republicans had better be thankful they were given the House. They had better not fuck it up or they will be fired again.

Forum List

Back