Dems fume as agenda hits brick wall in Senate that 'sucks'

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020

The chamber faced a jam-packed schedule going into December and accomplished several significant things, averting a government shutdown and a debt default while passing the annual defense policy bill. That theoretically cleared the decks for Biden’s $1.7 trillion social spending bill.

And many Democrats viewed the end of the year as the best timetable to force passage of Biden’s agenda, with the expiration of the child tax credit looming and senators eager to return home for the holidays. Schumer repeatedly said he wanted the Senate to vote on the social spending bill by Christmas.

But given Manchin’s opposition to a one-year child tax credit expansion and flailing conversations with Biden, Democrats may instead stumble into the holiday break without action.

So far, so good. They hoped to be able to bribe a lot of voters before mid-terms.

The chamber faced a jam-packed schedule going into December and accomplished several significant things, averting a government shutdown and a debt default while passing the annual defense policy bill. That theoretically cleared the decks for Biden’s $1.7 trillion social spending bill.

And many Democrats viewed the end of the year as the best timetable to force passage of Biden’s agenda, with the expiration of the child tax credit looming and senators eager to return home for the holidays. Schumer repeatedly said he wanted the Senate to vote on the social spending bill by Christmas.

But given Manchin’s opposition to a one-year child tax credit expansion and flailing conversations with Biden, Democrats may instead stumble into the holiday break without action.

So far, so good. They hoped to be able to bribe a lot of voters before mid-terms.
Their already planning a big Covid mail in heist again

Their already planning a big Covid mail in heist again

I didn't think it would be possible, but I think now it is actually possible they will get Trump re-elected. They have essentially collapsed as a Party and are eating themselves now. They even have delusional dingbat traitor Hillary running around setting up another run.

Maybe some disgruntled insider will leak the meeting they're having today; they haven't been making their payoffs to 'the little people' like they should have in their criminal arrogance.

Hopefully Mansion holds strong for the next year.

Yeah, not to forget Sinema though. She has her own agenda that is different in some ways from Manchin's and she want some things removed that he doesn't care about. And then there's the progressives in the House, will they agree to whatever the end result bill is, if and when it ever gets back to them from the Senate? 2022 is an election year, maybe some of the progressives are scared of losing in the primaries if they aren't progressive enough!

Wonder if there's a popcorn shortage. Could be a good year for that.

FYI, that voting rights bill requires 60 votes in the Senate, and I do not believe they'll get 10 repubs to support that piece of crap. I doubt if it's Constitutional anyway.

FYI, that voting rights bill requires 60 votes in the Senate, and I do not believe they'll get 10 repubs to support that piece of crap. I doubt if it's Constitutional anyway.

Forum List

Back