Larded up Omnibus budget bill apparently dead in Senate

the real fun starts when they dig into the bill they will have to pass for the year 2011. The ongoing continuous resolutions they have operated under has bloated many agencies etc etc ...and locked in spending hikes made in 09. The 'you gonna stave da chillens ' chorus is warming up...

Alright. An early Christmas. It got what it deserved.

Reid Pulls Controversial $1.2 Trillion Spending Bill in Favor of Short-Term Budget Fix - FoxNews.com

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, bowing to Republican opposition to a 1,924-page $1.2 trillion spending measure packed with earmarks, withdrew the bill and said he would work with Republican leaders on a smaller, short-term budget fix to avoid a looming government shutdown.

:clap2: The Dems didn't have the votes. :clap2: Now on to ( fingers crossed ) a continuum of the Bush Tax Cuts deal with Obama, and America stands a chance of rebuilding her economy. Wonderful news. JOBS. If there is a change in the estate ( death ) tax, then I hope eveybody walks off the floor and no deal is struck at all.

Alright. An early Christmas. It got what it deserved.

Reid Pulls Controversial $1.2 Trillion Spending Bill in Favor of Short-Term Budget Fix - FoxNews.com

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, bowing to Republican opposition to a 1,924-page $1.2 trillion spending measure packed with earmarks, withdrew the bill and said he would work with Republican leaders on a smaller, short-term budget fix to avoid a looming government shutdown.

:clap2: The Dems didn't have the votes. :clap2: Now on to ( fingers crossed ) a continuum of the Bush Tax Cuts deal with Obama, and America stands a chance of rebuilding her economy. Wonderful news. JOBS. If there is a change in the estate ( death ) tax, then I hope eveybody walks off the floor and no deal is struck at all.

It all needs to be torpedoed. It's the last gasp of rejected Statists by the will of the people.

Getting this guy knocked out was worth everything else.

Sen. Robert Bennett (R—Utah), an old McConnell friend, worked actively to round up as many as nine potential Republican votes for the compromise, but these numbers rapidly evaporated amid personal attacks and the uproar this week over spending earmarks in the package.

Read more: Democrats concede budget fight to Republicans - David Rogers - POLITICO.com

McConnell, embarrassed by reports on his own earmarks in the omnibus, went to the Senate floor Thursday to propose a one page, “clean” two month extension of the current stop gap funding resolution that has kept the government funded since Oct. 1. And as if caught with their hands in the cookie jar, he and other top Republicans vowed to do everything in their powers to kill the omnibus to square themselves with their tea party backers.

Good. About time they realized they were on Double-Secret probation with the people.

Optimistic, but Im not convinced continuing the current tax case will help us rebuild. It just will stop the government from destroying what we do have.

Optimistic, but Im not convinced continuing the current tax case will help us rebuild. It just will stop the government from destroying what we do have.

For a time until they think we are lulled back to sleep.

Reid and the Dums obviously learned the lesson of the last election. That lesson was, the American people have had ENOUGh of backroom dealing, multi thousand page bills stuffed with pork introduced and marked up in 20 minutes, self dealing and corruption. Their response was to get as much in as possible before the new posse rolled into town.
Unbelievable.
The Dems are still, The PArty of Fuck You.

And just as with ObamaCare, no one had bothered to read it....:cuckoo:

Reid and the Dums obviously learned the lesson of the last election. That lesson was, the American people have had ENOUGh of backroom dealing, multi thousand page bills stuffed with pork introduced and marked up in 20 minutes, self dealing and corruption. Their response was to get as much in as possible before the new posse rolled into town.
Unbelievable.
The Dems are still, The PArty of Fuck You.

And just as with ObamaCare, no one had bothered to read it....:cuckoo:

Exactly. Fortunately for us? Someone did bother to read this petulant tripe foisted by Reid...and called him out.

Right. By stopping the spending and not increasing taxes on everyone, is what will help the economy. The job creators will start hiring but not the huge superpowers as they need more than a two year extension to begin their planning of large businessess. But I feel that will happen. This initial agreement is just the first step in the right direction, imo.

Right. By stopping the spending and not increasing taxes on everyone, is what will help the economy. The job creators will start hiring but not the huge superpowers as they need more than a two year extension to begin their planning of large businessess. But I feel that will happen. This initial agreement is just the first step in the right direction, imo.

I don't trust any of them. I await the new House...

The substitute bill offered by McConnell to keep the gubmint running is supposedly just 1 page long.

McConnell found religion! Way to be.

I am very proud of that old boy right about now.

Totally agree. McConnell, my hero.

I was especially glad to see this thing squashed because of the 1 Billion to fund Obamacare.

I heard this on Brets show yesterday. Haven't seen or heard much about it anywhere else.

If HC were funded I don't think the Reps would have the numbers to make any changes.

McConnell just put a torpedo into the side of the spiteful Pelosi/Reid congress.

Gee, the GOP didn't win the senate, they won the house.

I bet you money that the budget served up by the next congress is bigger and contains more pork, but flavored to suit the tastes of both parties, not just the dems.

Anybody brazen enough to take that bet?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

According to the document "Shutdown of the Federal Government: Causes, Effects and Process"
which detailed the effects of the government shutdown in 2004:

"American Veterans experienced a major curtailment of services, ranging from health and welfare to finance and travel."

I'm a veteran who relies in the VA for health care, and so I'm wondering if the VA will suspend sending out prescription drugs in the mail to us veterans during the shutdown period, if such a shutdown of non-essential government services does indeed occur?

Gee, the GOP didn't win the senate, they won the house.

I bet you money that the budget served up by the next congress is bigger and contains more pork, but flavored to suit the tastes of both parties, not just the dems.

Anybody brazen enough to take that bet?

Yeah, I'll take it. Paul Ryan's budget will be bigger and more pork, just flavored differently? That's not something Ryan's gonna do IMO.

I'm just glad that the democrats were called out on this shady maneuver. Given the fact that they had months to take this issue up....debate it and vote on it. Being the shady lame mallards that they are, they wait until the last week and all of the sudden it's a critical issue and needs to be passed ASAP. Nearly 2,000 pages needed to be read and debated on in 2-3 days? Stevie Wonder could see through this.

I'm just glad that the democrats were called out on this shady maneuver. Given the fact that they had months to take this issue up....debate it and vote on it. Being the shady lame mallards that they are, they wait until the last week and all of the sudden it's a critical issue and needs to be passed ASAP. Nearly 2,000 pages needed to be read and debated on in 2-3 days? Stevie Wonder could see through this.

Yup.

This should have all been done back in Sept and Oct.

Oh wait. I forgot.

The General election was in Nov. Jeeze can't be passing anymore bloated bullshit before the election.

Gotta protect that cushy job.

Oh Noes! Poor Poor Poor lil ol SarahG.
That's Sarah P!!!!!!

(....But, the "ol'" does apply.....seeing-as-how the "turkey-neck" is comin'-on, BIG TIME!)

images

Forum List

Back