Land Mines

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
First off....the video below is definitely NSFW. It's brutal and ugly as war is brutal and ugly. The heroic actions of trying to retrieve fellow soldiers is inspiring but also foolhardy.

What can be done about these mines. Wars and nations end but the landmines stay for decades....and the number one group injured by them is children who aren't even strong enough yet to pick up a gun much less fire one.

There are literally going to be thousands upon thousands of square miles of these things left in Ukraine long after Russia leaves. What can be done?

First off....the video below is definitely NSFW. It's brutal and ugly as war is brutal and ugly. The heroic actions of trying to retrieve fellow soldiers is inspiring but also foolhardy.

What can be done about these mines. Wars and nations end but the landmines stay for decades....and the number one group injured by them is children who aren't even strong enough yet to pick up a gun much less fire one.

There are literally going to be thousands upon thousands of square miles of these things left in Ukraine long after Russia leaves. What can be done?
Grab a few Marxists/Demofascists and throw them out in front of you. If nothing happens then pick them back up and throw them again in front until you come to the wounded. Once retrieved then discard said Mar/Dem by tossing it aside in hoping that you find a land mind on the last throw....

Many modern landmines are engineered to deactivate or go inert after a set amount of time.
IDK how well those safety features work but I'm pretty sure that's the type mostly in use today.
I believe they call them non-persistent mines for both armor & anti-personnell

Many modern landmines are engineered to deactivate or go inert after a set amount of time.
IDK how well those safety features work but I'm pretty sure that's the type mostly in use today.
I believe they call them non-persistent mines for both armor & anti-personnell
Well that does alleviate some responsibility for those with a conscience...

But it's not going to do a thing for solving the problem that currently exists.

Mines are hidden....some are encased in plastics so metal detection is worthless.

Supposedly a "sonar" type system has been developed but it's only good for 20 meters at a time. And when you are talking about miles upon miles of mines....ineffective and time consuming. Poking with a stick is roughly the same and a few hundred thousand dollars cheaper.

The mick clicks are good for a narrow passage through a mine field...but what about the rest of the field?

And for troops trying to transverse a mine field using a tractor?
Anti tank munitions, drones, and etc make it an impossibility. Same with detonating all the mines. That would draw some attention...
Artillery striking a field is extremely expensive and time consuming.

You would think that with today's technology advances that we could come up with a decent solution.

We can put a RC drone on the planet mars but can't cheaply and efficiently find mines in a field?

Well that does alleviate some responsibility for those with a conscience...

But it's not going to do a thing for solving the problem that currently exists.

Mines are hidden....some are encased in plastics so metal detection is worthless.

Supposedly a "sonar" type system has been developed but it's only good for 20 meters at a time. And when you are talking about miles upon miles of mines....ineffective and time consuming. Poking with a stick is roughly the same and a few hundred thousand dollars cheaper.

The mick clicks are good for a narrow passage through a mine field...but what about the rest of the field?

And for troops trying to transverse a mine field using a tractor?
Anti tank munitions, drones, and etc make it an impossibility. Same with detonating all the mines. That would draw some attention...
Artillery striking a field is extremely expensive and time consuming.

You would think that with today's technology advances that we could come up with a decent solution.

We can put a RC drone on the planet mars but can't cheaply and efficiently find mines in a field?
Looks like the Ukes were trying to use a tape detonator but it failed.

I thought there was a global agreed ban on land mines? The human species...just waiting to become extinct....
Nope....not signed onto by Russia or the US. Or maybe Russia did but broke it.....it's not like they really keep any agreements anyway.

It's easy to use land mines, cluster bombs, chemicals etc when you don't fear war crimes charges because your country has corrupted the UN and everything else, and you own the media. DOD official says cluster munitions ‘useful’ for Ukraine. U.S. still not sending.
The US usually has the MOST sanitary type of warfare....meaning that innocents are usually not harmed or very few (by percentage) of the vast amount of destruction the enemy receives.

War is ugly and brutal and customarily hurts an entire nation. However the warfare the US wages is usually extremely precision strike based. Only "bad guys" are killed despite the vast amount of lies and propaganda shoved out there by its enemies/losers of the world.

Russia is not capable of waging such a type of warfare....and it seems that they often aim for innocent civilians.
And seeing Russian fire discipline I can readily understand why people claim that....as in they don't have any fire discipline and despite their huge amounts of munitions they don't seem to hit much except for civilians.

It gets even better . Russians fall back to the nearest higher ground to give themselves artillery superiority and a better view . Dimwitted US-Ukey Nazis then advance, claiming new or reclaimed territory . Russians then seed the Ukey retreat ground with mines from helicopters . Russians begin to obliterate silly Ukeys advancing over lower and open ground . So Ukeys retreat and blow themselves to pieces . Puppet Clown then runs round the world asking for more men and guns, plus a bung for himself .

It gets even better . Russians fall back to the nearest higher ground to give themselves artillery superiority and a better view . Dimwitted US-Ukey Nazis then advance, claiming new or reclaimed territory . Russians then seed the Ukey retreat ground with mines from helicopters . Russians begin to obliterate silly Ukeys advancing over lower and open ground . So Ukeys retreat and blow themselves to pieces . Puppet Clown then runs round the world asking for more men and guns, plus a bung for himself .
Only a Russian troll would say anything like this in a largely humanitarian thread....go rape babies and enslave someone else m'kay?

Sorry Sorosians

Since the Ewe-Cranes are Chucky puppets, they'll come back from the dead.

Instead of using them to protect our Southern US border, they are being shipped over for a fake war

In case you have problems with reading comprehension, the mines were used by the Russians. So unless you are claiming that the US is shipping mines to Russia, that can not possibly be true.

Also, the US stopped using mines like that decades ago. The only mine the US still employs is the M18A1 "Claymore", and that is only command detonated.

I thought there was a global agreed ban on land mines? The human species...just waiting to become extinct....

No, that is not true.

The Ottawa Treaty of 1997 did indeed ban the use of mines, but only for those nations that signed and ratified it. And that is a total of 133 countries, neither the US or Russia signed it.

The US refused to sign it because of the importance of mines in defending the DMZ in Korea. However, they did stop the use of all "scatter" mines, that rely upon the enemy triggering them. The only mine that the US still uses is the M18A1 Claymore, which is a command detonated mine.

And there are now several countries discussing pulling out of the treaty, specifically Finland. Many in that country are considering the use of mines to secure their border with Russia if they turn their eyes towards them once again. And Ukraine is considering pulling out because of the widespread use of mines by Russia.

Forum List

Back