Lady Ga Ga Halftime...Total Embarassment to the United States

Didn't watch it, haven't watched a pro game of football or baseball since the strikes in the '90's, but did watch a vid of the Tom Petty performance at one; Tom likes America. I've seen GaGa on a few shows, not bad but obviously not a great talent, either. I didn't miss anything. Let me know when another Tina Turner or Shakira comes along

Katy Perry was better and owns the performance crown for recent superbowls.

Heard that from several people. I don't run across her music much, out of my slots on the radio, but haven't heard anything bad about her voice or performances.

Halftime show was a disgrace. What have we come to as a nation? This shit? This is what we signal to the world? No wonder they see us as weak.

I wondered who she was because I did not recognize her. Her singing brought a sour note to my ear but her acrobatics were amazing.

Halftime show was a disgrace. What have we come to as a nation? This shit? This is what we signal to the world? No wonder they see us as weak.

Are you the neighborhood guy that yells at all the kids to get off his lawn? LOL

That was the best halftime show in years. Lady Gaga has a ton of talent. It's obvious why she is so well liked. Great voice, plays the piano, dances, and just puts on a great show.
Lady Ga Ga is a no talent whore.

Errr, it's just music relax lol. I love old school blues, but I doubt that it appeals to the latest generation. To each their own.

No politics in it either, so she chose a wise path. Better to stick to entertaining than being a political lackey. For that alone I think it hit it's mark. Was more entertaining than the game has been so far also.

would you eat her out?
I don't like cauliflower.

Due to this thread, I just watched her performance on UTube.
As an old Christianish conservative, I expected to be offended. Butcha know, she didn't do it. Most of the show was not my personal 'cup of tea' mind you, but she and her team ... and the producers .. choreographers .. very impressive. They did a good job. I swear I noticed a bit of "old fashioned" in some of the lyrics ... maybe my imagination, but I think she expressed a little nostalgia. Didn't I hear a bit of "Lord help me" ? And the opening was some downright old fashioned Americanism ... like it or not.

I think Lady Gaga is a little strange, but she did a good job. I laughed at the end when she dropped the mic and jumped off the platform and just disappeared. That was a great exit. :lol:

I saw a piece that said she gave a nod to gay rights in the performance. Meh. Okay. I didn't notice.

She's a real musical talent, though, a real musician. She has a concert special in which she plays piano and does everything from dance music to show tunes.

Last edited:

Are you the neighborhood guy that yells at all the kids to get off his lawn? LOL

That was the best halftime show in years. Lady Gaga has a ton of talent. It's obvious why she is so well liked. Great voice, plays the piano, dances, and just puts on a great show.
If only we were blessed with your great talent of bottle cap collecting for the halftime show.

As an old Christianish conservative, I expected to be offended. Butcha know, she didn't do it. Most of the show was not my personal 'cup of tea' mind you, but she and her team ... and the producers .. choreographers .. very impressive. They did a good job. I swear I noticed a bit of "old fashioned" in some of the lyrics ... maybe my imagination, but I think she expressed a little nostalgia. Didn't I hear a bit of "Lord help me" ? And the opening was some downright old fashioned Americanism ... like it or not.
She is a Catholic. Part of her set was about God.

It was good! Are you always an asshole?

I hate Republicans but I was happy to see hw bush out of the hospital

If only we were blessed with your great talent of bottle cap collecting for the halftime show.
And who would have liked to see perform? Sorry she didn't bring Tony Bennett with her to perform her boring songs

I don't listen to much pop music these days (blues fan) but I thought she did pretty good. The performances popular these days is over the top theatrics and not necessary to me if the music is good, and a lot of her stuff is good. She had a lot of faith in that harness though, that takes some nerve at that height.

BTW, when are they going to have a half time show with Slim Blind T-Bone Willie and the Mississippi Mudskippers?

That is just a line in her song "A Million Reasons" which is a kick ass song.

All SB half time shows are embarrassing. I like the paid/staged "audience" around her. It's the same every year, terrible and uncreative....and yes, embarrassing.....

Thanks, Church Lady.

Forum List

Back