Kyleigh's Law

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
TRENTON — Teen drivers would have to stick decals on their cars to identify them to police under a bill unanimously approved today by the state Assembly.

The bill, named “Kyleigh’s Law,” after Kyleigh D’Alessio, a 16-year-old Long Valley resident killed in a 2006 car crash involving a provisional driver with multiple passengers, was approved 78 to 0. It cleared the state Senate in February.

Assembly approves 'Kyleigh's Law,' strict rules for teen drivers, in unanimous vote | Daily Record | Daily Record

“I was surprised by how many teen drivers die every year, 6,000, and by how little I knew at the time about the GDL,” Weeks said. “The first six months teens are behind the wheel is the most dangerous six months of their lives.”

That's a great idea. Now, let's outlaw texting while driving.

“I was surprised by how many teen drivers die every year, 6,000, and by how little I knew at the time about the GDL,” Weeks said. “The first six months teens are behind the wheel is the most dangerous six months of their lives.”

texting impairs your driving by something like 94%, being stoned impairs it by about 40%! I completly agree!

I also agree with limiting teen driving, I for one em lucky I never killed myself during my teen years!
They should also limit middle aged women driving. I sat behind this lady forever today because she needed a mile to be able to pull out into traffic!

Oh hell, yeah. I've had to sit through two red lights before because of some idiot texting and not seeing the light turn green.

Oh hell, yeah. I've had to sit through two red lights before because of some idiot texting and not seeing the light turn green.

OT how's your car?

OT how's your car?

So far it makes it to work and back just fine but I don't trust taking it to Mohegan Sun tomorrow night (I'm catching the fights).

I'm going to get it looked at Saturday and go from there.

I don't get that. When I'm driving, I'm driving. I've had my ass chewed for years because I don't even talk.

What possesses people to get into a 1 ton piece of steel of an hurtle 70 mph down the road and NOT pay attention to what they're doing is beyond me.

OT how's your car?

So far it makes it to work and back just fine but I don't trust taking it to Mohegan Sun tomorrow night (I'm catching the fights).

nothing sucks worse than breaking down in CT. good call!

i hope there's nothing wrong with it.

cars suck, but horses are too damn slow.

I don't get that. When I'm driving, I'm driving. I've had my ass chewed for years because I don't even talk.

What possesses people to get into a 1 ton piece of steel of an hurtle 70 mph down the road and NOT pay attention to what they're doing is beyond me.

You're preaching to the choir mister. As a parent of someone who has a teen starting drivers ed in a few years, I'm already starting to worry! :eek:

There are some really freaky drivers on the roads out there, you need to be a defensive driver also!

A couple weeks ago, this 85 year old woman rear ended me at a stoplight. She wasn't going very fast so no damage. We pulled off into a church parking lot to check the damage. Luckily there was none. When she was pulling out of the church parking lot, she ran into another car.

OT how's your car?

I'd ride a scooter but I don't thinks the chicks dig them very much ...

I agree with the texting. It's 100 times worse than talking on a cell phone, because you have to constantly look down to see what you're punching in.

A couple weeks ago, this 85 year old woman rear ended me at a stoplight. She wasn't going very fast so no damage. We pulled off into a church parking lot to check the damage. Luckily there was none. When she was pulling out of the church parking lot, she ran into another car.

lol

Was she texting?

you need a bulbous helmet with a visor.

trust me :eusa_whistle:

You know what the trouble with chicks are? The chicks can't hold da smoke.

you should get a pink one and put Hello Kitty stickers on it! So very cute!

Forum List

Back