North Carolina just approved Voter ID as the law of the land!

HURRAY! North Carolina just approved Voter ID as the law of the land!

It’s been a long time coming but it’s finally here.

Republicans in North Carolina just overrode a veto by the Democratic governor and now Voter ID is the law of the land!

NEWS AND OBSERVER – North Carolina voters will be asked to show photo identification when they go to the polls next year, barring intervention by a court.

The Republican-led legislature took the final step to shrug off Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper’s veto of its photo ID bill, with the House voting 72-40 Wednesday to override after a long debate that touched on the state’s history of voter suppression.

The Senate took its override vote Tuesday.

Voter ID has been a long-time goal for Republicans. A voter ID requirement that passed as part of a 2013 bill was thrown out by federal courts in 2016. Republicans steered a photo voter ID question onto the November ballot as a constitutional amendment, and 55 percent of voters approved it.

The law counts as acceptable IDs driver licenses, passports, military and veteran IDs, tribal enrollment cards, college IDs, state ID cards issued to non-drivers, state and municipal employee IDs, and a new type of ID issued by local boards of election.

People who don’t have the required ID would be able to cast provisional ballots after signing an affidavit at the the polls saying why they do not have one.

barring intervention by a court.

You can count on that happening
No we can not, other States have Voter ID laws and they are NOT illegal, Unconstitutional or wrong.

What's pretty funny is that this whole ID thing is a self defeating voter disenfranchisement effort.

As time goes by older voters (who are targeted by this) die off. What will the GOP do to suppress the vote when everyone HAS IDs?

Oh wait...there's always voter PURGES and ballot harvesting like they did in...yea...you got it...North Carolina
It is a FEDERAL Requirement that the rolls be purged every couple years to ensure only legal residents and no dead people are on the rolls dumb ass.

Republicans in North Carolina just overrode a veto by the Democratic governor and now Voter ID is the law of the land!

NEWS AND OBSERVER – North Carolina voters will be asked to show photo identification when they go to the polls next year, barring intervention by a court.

The Republican-led legislature took the final step to shrug off Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper’s veto of its photo ID bill, with the House voting 72-40 Wednesday to override after a long debate that touched on the state’s history of voter suppression.

Voter ID has been a long-time goal for Republicans. A voter ID requirement that passed as part of a 2013 bill was thrown out by federal courts in 2016. Republicans steered a photo voter ID question onto the November ballot as a constitutional amendment, and 55 percent of voters approved it.

The law counts as acceptable IDs driver licenses, passports, military and veteran IDs, tribal enrollment cards, college IDs, state ID cards issued to non-drivers, state and municipal employee IDs, and a new type of ID issued by local boards of election.

People who don’t have the required ID would be able to cast provisional ballots after signing an affidavit at the the polls saying why they do not have one.
Wouldn’t be the first unconstitutional sabotage North Carolina republicans have tried to impose on the state

Let me guess...
You're one of those who are too damn stupid to get an ID.
Does losing your birth cert in say a fire...make you stupid?
There is a SIMPLE process to get a new one RETARD.

Right

Voter fraud doesn't happen, so I guess Identity theft doesn't either.

NOt too late, next time you see Santa in a store, ask him for an IQ
Show me some examples of people showing up and voting under someone else’s name

I can show you how Republican officials forced people to vote absentee and then disposed of their ballots

Election fraud is real....voter fraud is not

I can show you how Republican officials forced people to vote absentee and then disposed of their ballots

Military votes, Florida, 2000?
Show me how voter ID caused that

did you not read the part I quoted?

and it was democrats, not republicans, that trashed their votes

What does that have to do with voter ID?

Show me some duplicate voting and I will be impressed

You have to prove ID when you register to vote why show ID again to vote? If the illegals are voting then they already have fake IDs to get a job so how is a damn ID gonna stop them from voting?

that would only work if the same person that registered you was the one that handed you the ballot,

think if your republican neighbor knew you were registered but never voted, they could go and claim to be you and vote republican in your name
No, they can't you have to show ID when signing in.
I don't. I simply walk in and sign. And ya know what? Since no one has used my vote previously...the signature space is blank.

I have never found it to be used by someone else?
Can you say you have found that?
Same thing with me
I have been voting since 1974 and nobody ever voted under my name. I have never known anyone who showed up to vote and found someone had already voted in their name

you are aware the world doesnt revolve around you
Link

How terrible! People will have to do the same thing that they're required to do when they want to buy alcohol or cigarettes or board a plane! Terrible! Oppressive! This will discourage dead people from voting! This will discourage non-citizens from voting! Voter suppression!

How terrible! People will have to do the same thing that they're required to do when they want to buy alcohol or cigarettes or board a plane! Terrible! Oppressive! This will discourage dead people from voting! This will discourage non-citizens from voting! Voter suppression!
Can you show any number of dead people or non citizens voting to warrant turning legitimate voters away at the polls?

A signature is harder to fake than an ID

Can you show any number of dead people or non citizens voting to warrant turning legitimate voters away at the polls?

One is enough according to you on a lot of issues so ya one is enough, BUT to the point unless you LIVE in NC it is NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. It is neither unconstitutional, illegal or morally wrong to require ID to vote. Other States have laws requiring voter ID I don't see you demanding a Judge over turn their legal and rightful laws. By the way? The Voters spoke in NC it is a State Constitutional requirement now for voter ID.

This is why Republicans are so, so stupid.

They only started Voter ID just before the last presidential election. Democrats have two years from now to get everyone ID's.

Then what? Democrats outnumber Republicans because Republicans seem to have most of their kids outside of wedlock. And they don't care about education. Many of the youngers ones won't vote. Many of the older ones are dying.

There aren't enough Nazi's and Alt White and White Nationalists to keep the party competitive.

That means it needs to inclusive to compete. To be competitive would mean they need to diversify.

Once the GOP diversifies, today's racist and mostly white party dies.

Having two thoughtful and diverse parties is good for the country.

Having one diverse and one racist party is not.

Try to figure out why.

Last edited:
The plantation democrat establishment tried to convince their dwindling minority of race baiters that a photo I.D. is a racist plot but it didn't work.

The plantation democrat establishment tried to convince their dwindling minority of race baiters that a photo I.D. is a racist plot but it didn't work.
Plantation Democrat always makes me laugh.

Republicans assume that the African Americans that make up a large minority in the Democratic Party must somehow be "led", as if they aren't smart enough to be leaders. Even after the Democrats elected a black president twice.

You want to see a "real Plantation", look at the Republicans. An ignorant party that has a decreasing number of people with college degrees even though the number of people with college degrees nationwide is going up.

The GOP, a nearly all white party that doesn't understand it's dying. The only way they can win is through gerrymandering and cheating. If they want to be relevant, they have to be inclusive. The trade off is who stays and who goes? As soon as the GOP begins welcoming minorities, the Nazi's and the Alt White will leave. Then what? Once again, the fringe hardcore white will be fringe. Right now, they are mainstream because their leader is a racist. But he is going to lose in the next election. In fact, he might even end up in prison.

LOCK HIM UP!

One is enough according to you on a lot of issues so ya one is enough, BUT to the point unless you LIVE in NC it is NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS. It is neither unconstitutional, illegal or morally wrong to require ID to vote. Other States have laws requiring voter ID I don't see you demanding a Judge over turn their legal and rightful laws. By the way? The Voters spoke in NC it is a State Constitutional requirement now for voter ID.

No one is not enough to justify blocking voting from thousands

If photo ID is so easy
Why don’t you provide one to every American before you require one to vote?

Forum List

Back