North Carolina just approved Voter ID as the law of the land!

HURRAY! North Carolina just approved Voter ID as the law of the land!

It’s been a long time coming but it’s finally here.

Republicans in North Carolina just overrode a veto by the Democratic governor and now Voter ID is the law of the land!

NEWS AND OBSERVER – North Carolina voters will be asked to show photo identification when they go to the polls next year, barring intervention by a court.

The Republican-led legislature took the final step to shrug off Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper’s veto of its photo ID bill, with the House voting 72-40 Wednesday to override after a long debate that touched on the state’s history of voter suppression.

The Senate took its override vote Tuesday.

Voter ID has been a long-time goal for Republicans. A voter ID requirement that passed as part of a 2013 bill was thrown out by federal courts in 2016. Republicans steered a photo voter ID question onto the November ballot as a constitutional amendment, and 55 percent of voters approved it.

The law counts as acceptable IDs driver licenses, passports, military and veteran IDs, tribal enrollment cards, college IDs, state ID cards issued to non-drivers, state and municipal employee IDs, and a new type of ID issued by local boards of election.

People who don’t have the required ID would be able to cast provisional ballots after signing an affidavit at the the polls saying why they do not have one.
Wouldn’t be the first unconstitutional sabotage North Carolina republicans have tried to impose on the state

Let me guess...
You're one of those who are too damn stupid to get an ID.
I don’t need an ID

Haven’t had to show one in over a year

You'd have to actually leave your moms basement .....

I don’t break the law, I don’t need ID to buy booze, bank or use a credit card
I sign my name when I vote
Been working for over 40 years

Republicans in North Carolina just overrode a veto by the Democratic governor and now Voter ID is the law of the land!

NEWS AND OBSERVER – North Carolina voters will be asked to show photo identification when they go to the polls next year, barring intervention by a court.

The Republican-led legislature took the final step to shrug off Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper’s veto of its photo ID bill, with the House voting 72-40 Wednesday to override after a long debate that touched on the state’s history of voter suppression.

Voter ID has been a long-time goal for Republicans. A voter ID requirement that passed as part of a 2013 bill was thrown out by federal courts in 2016. Republicans steered a photo voter ID question onto the November ballot as a constitutional amendment, and 55 percent of voters approved it.

The law counts as acceptable IDs driver licenses, passports, military and veteran IDs, tribal enrollment cards, college IDs, state ID cards issued to non-drivers, state and municipal employee IDs, and a new type of ID issued by local boards of election.

People who don’t have the required ID would be able to cast provisional ballots after signing an affidavit at the the polls saying why they do not have one.
That means the dead people would lose the right to vote. ACLU will bring a case for them.
Show where a dead person has voted
Show where voter ID will prevent any fraud

lifelock-reviews.jpg
Fail

Right

Voter fraud doesn't happen, so I guess Identity theft doesn't either.

NOt too late, next time you see Santa in a store, ask him for an IQ

Wouldn’t be the first unconstitutional sabotage North Carolina republicans have tried to impose on the state

Let me guess...
I don’t need an ID

40 years?
Shouldnt have you retired by now?

You have to prove ID when you register to vote why show ID again to vote? If the illegals are voting then they already have fake IDs to get a job so how is a damn ID gonna stop them from voting?

that would only work if the same person that registered you was the one that handed you the ballot,

think if your republican neighbor knew you were registered but never voted, they could go and claim to be you and vote republican in your name
No, they can't you have to show ID when signing in.
I don't. I simply walk in and sign. And ya know what? Since no one has used my vote previously...the signature space is blank.

I have never found it to be used by someone else?
Can you say you have found that?

Let me guess...
I don’t need an ID

40 years?

Hard to save any money with a minimum wage union job and a drinking habit.

Let me guess...
Does losing your birth cert in say a fire...make you stupid?

Let me guess...

it makes you unlucky,,,but the never getting a new one so you can vote does make you stupid

Let me guess...

So you lost your BC in a fire?
If so you're an idiot. It needs to be kept in a safety deposit box or a fireproof safe.

What's pretty funny is that this whole ID thing is a self defeating voter disenfranchisement effort.

As time goes by older voters (who are targeted by this) die off. What will the GOP do to suppress the vote when everyone HAS IDs?

Oh wait...there's always voter PURGES and ballot harvesting like they did in...yea...you got it...North Carolina

WHich is why the GOP has switched to various other methods of voter suppression

That means the dead people would lose the right to vote. ACLU will bring a case for them.

lifelock-reviews.jpg
Fail

Right

Show me some examples of people showing up and voting under someone else’s name

I can show you how Republican officials forced people to vote absentee and then disposed of their ballots

Election fraud is real....voter fraud is not

Let me guess...
I don’t need an ID

40 years?

that sounds like a personal problem,,,I suggest you join a church and ask for help so you dont become a burden to another person

lifelock-reviews.jpg
Fail

Right

I can show you how Republican officials forced people to vote absentee and then disposed of their ballots

Military votes, Florida, 2000?

You have to prove ID when you register to vote why show ID again to vote? If the illegals are voting then they already have fake IDs to get a job so how is a damn ID gonna stop them from voting?

that would only work if the same person that registered you was the one that handed you the ballot,

think if your republican neighbor knew you were registered but never voted, they could go and claim to be you and vote republican in your name
I don't. I simply walk in and sign. And ya know what? Since no one has used my vote previously...the signature space is blank.

Same thing with me
I have been voting since 1974 and nobody ever voted under my name. I have never known anyone who showed up to vote and found someone had already voted in their name

lifelock-reviews.jpg
Fail

Right

Show me how voter ID caused that

I don’t need an ID

40 years?

that sounds like a personal problem,,,I suggest you join a church and ask for help so you dont become a burden to another person

no interest in church, no drinking problem in nearly 30 years, haven't held a union job since I was teenager..

(Scab, and proud of it)

Right

Show me how voter ID caused that

did you not read the part I quoted?

and it was democrats, not republicans, that trashed their votes

Same thing with me
I have been voting since 1974 and nobody ever voted under my name. I have never known anyone who showed up to vote and found someone had already voted in their name

you are aware the world doesnt revolve around you

Forum List

Back