Krugman Poll on Canadian Healthcare

"I know a number of veterans who think the VA is a pain in the ass, and seniors who feel the same way about Medicare."

oh....you know people - well that settles it.

When the remark being responded to was "Well, would seniors want to give up Medicare?" then yes, all that's required is "Some would, and many had it forced on them to begin with."

If you don't like generalized responses, don't make such vague, generalized remarks.

"I know a number of veterans who think the VA is a pain in the ass, and seniors who feel the same way about Medicare."

When the remark being responded to was "Well, would seniors want to give up Medicare?" then yes, all that's required is "Some would, and many had it forced on them to begin with."

If you don't like generalized responses, don't make such vague, generalized remarks.

where did I say I didn't like your general statements? also those were general questions I asked ...not remarks.

Last edited:
She goes to the emergency room. No one in America is denied healthcare.

You are one stupid fuck!!!

I'm not speaking of just the emergency room Elmer....if you have been diagnosed with a serious disease/illness and you don't have insurance or your HMO decides it was a pre-existing condition and your denied coverage what happens to you?

The likelihood of your HMO "deciding" it was a pre-existing condition is very remote, so this is essentially just a scare tactic. In the event that you don't have health care coverage, you qualify for a number of programs already in existence for the poor and indigent, not the least of which would be Medicaid.

and you know the how/why/when HMO's base their decisions on pre-existing conditions because?.....

hc-pockets-gop.jpg

msg#307 - I had to come up with something a child could understand so posters like you don't feel left out.

where did I say I didn't like your general statements? also those were general questions I asked ...not remarks.

Ooh, pointless semantic hairsplitting. The last refuge of someone who's painted himself into a corner.

I'm not speaking of just the emergency room Elmer....if you have been diagnosed with a serious disease/illness and you don't have insurance or your HMO decides it was a pre-existing condition and your denied coverage what happens to you?

The likelihood of your HMO "deciding" it was a pre-existing condition is very remote, so this is essentially just a scare tactic. In the event that you don't have health care coverage, you qualify for a number of programs already in existence for the poor and indigent, not the least of which would be Medicaid.

and you know the how/why/when HMO's base their decisions on pre-existing conditions because?.....

For one thing, it's spelled out in the contract you sign when you start with an HMO. For you to come up with an illness and have your insurance company call it "pre-existing", you would pretty much have to have just started your policy with them. It isn't like I'm going to be with Blue Cross for five years, get diagnosed with diabetes, and have them try to claim that I had it all along. You're a lot more likely to get a claim rejected because it's for something they don't cover at all.

Ooh, pointless semantic hairsplitting. The last refuge of someone who's painted himself into a corner.

it's pointless to you because you're the one who is cornered. you lose. next.

:lol: That's not even a good try. Call me when you grow a pair and can respond to the issues instead of wasting time arguing about whether your post was "questions" or "remarks". :lol:

Insurer asks docs to report on new patients with pre-existing conditions - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

Blue Cross of California recently asked doctors to look for pre-existing conditions that could be used to justify the cancellation of insurance policies held by new patients, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Byron Tucker, a spokesman for the Insurance Department, tells the Times that this letter is "extremely troubling on several fronts. It really obliterates the line between underwriting and medical care. It is the insurer's job to underwrite their policies, not the doctors'. Doctors deliver medical care. Their job is not to underwrite policies for insurers."

Last edited:

:lol: That's not even a good try. Call me when you grow a pair and can respond to the issues instead of wasting time arguing about whether your post was "questions" or "remarks". :lol:

and you forgot - where did I say I didn't like your general statements?

Insurer asks docs to report on new patients with pre-existing conditions - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

Blue Cross of California recently asked doctors to look for pre-existing conditions that could be used to justify the cancellation of insurance policies held by new patients, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Byron Tucker, a spokesman for the Insurance Department, tells the Times that this letter is "extremely troubling on several fronts. It really obliterates the line between underwriting and medical care. It is the insurer's job to underwrite their policies, not the doctors'. Doctors deliver medical care. Their job is not to underwrite policies for insurers."

Ooh. USA Today and the LA Times. I'll get RIGHT on panicking about THAT unimpeachable source.

and you forgot - where did I say I didn't like your general statements?

You've obviously mistaken this for a logical, point-by-point debate, instead of me telling you you're a peurile troll who's wasting everyone's time with his demonstration of ignorance and empty parroting.

Ooh. USA Today and the LA Times. I'll get RIGHT on panicking about THAT unimpeachable source.

do you have any links that directly contradict the story or are we just to take you on your word that this story is bunk ..... maybe you know somebody that knows something:lol:

do you have any links that directly contradict the story or are we just to take you on your word that this story is bunk ..... maybe you know somebody that knows something:lol:

The problem is that that would require me to waste my time reading a story by someone I know for a fact presents only the information that supports the conclusion he wants drawn (I'm referring here to anyone who writes for the LA Times, not one specific "reporter"). I see no more point in doing that than I would in reading a leftwing blog and then refuting it.

Tell you what. YOU find a reputable source to back up your assertion, and perhaps THEN I will treat your post as though it's deserving of serious response. Until then, you're just another Internet wackjob hollering about the CIA beaming messages through the fillings in your teeth as far as I'm concerned.

Forum List

Back