Koppel: Rush, Jon Stewart to Blame for Political Gridlock

I think the two guys are culpable, albeit in different ways.

Limbaugh has spawned and coddled a generation of a few million simplistic absolutists, the same small but vocal group that has completely paralyzed our national political process.

Stewart has spawned a generation of a few million giggling cynics, a group that can't bring itself to take politicians seriously, based on the very behavior of those same politicians.

Come to think of it, Koppel's nuts. I don't think there's anything wrong about being cynical and questioning the behavior of people who (unfortunately) have so much influence on our lives.

oh boy, and Koppel didn't have shit to do with any of it

what a joke and who cares what this loser has to say

Last edited:
It's OUR LAMESTREAM media that folks should be upset with

They lie, hold back information, crank out negatives on any Republican, practically write a love song for any Democrat and really have become a enemy to us people in their so called, reporting

hold THEM Responsible folks, stop letting them blame a radio host who doesn't have the audience THEY HAVE

Last edited:

Limbaugh has spawned and coddled a generation of a few million simplistic absolutists, the same small but vocal group that has completely paralyzed our national political process.

Stewart has spawned a generation of a few million giggling cynics, a group that can't bring itself to take politicians seriously, based on the very behavior of those same politicians.

Come to think of it, Koppel's nuts. I don't think there's anything wrong about being cynical and questioning the behavior of people who (unfortunately) have so much influence on our lives.

Mac, you know i think you're a voice of reason in a sea of dissonant voices. but really? do you think most of the batch of politicians running around now deserve to be taken seriously? or should we treat the herman canes and michelle bachmanns like what they are? (i'm not saying there are none of those on the left, btw... those are just the most obvious examples, imo).

folks need to start holding the lamestream media Responsible..let them know how you feel about their blatant BIAS....It's NOT Rush Limbaugh people, his audience isn't that big

SNIP
How The Press Helped Obama Over The Finish Line

Posted 11/20/2012 07:01 PM ET
Bias: It's hard to see how press coverage of President Obama's re-election bid could have gotten any more biased, but a new report shows the media managed to outdo themselves the week before voters went to the polls.

The Pew Research Center's latest analysis puts hard numbers against the claim that the press went out of its way to get Obama re-elected.

According to the report, after months of positive press, "Obama's coverage improved dramatically" in the crucial final week of the campaign.

In fact, 29% of the stories about Obama that week were positive and just 19% were negative. At the same time, a third of the stories about Mitt Romney were negative, and just 16% were positive.

When it comes to bias, MSNBC is in a league of its own, Pew found. It ran zero negative stories about Obama and zero positive stories about Romney in that last week.

all of it here
Read More At IBD: How The Mainstream Press Helped Obama Over The Finish Line - Investors.com

Mac, you know i think you're a voice of reason in a sea of dissonant voices. but really? do you think most of the batch of politicians running around now deserve to be taken seriously? or should we treat the herman canes and michelle bachmanns like what they are? (i'm not saying there are none of those on the left, btw... those are just the most obvious examples, imo).

Oh HELL no, quite the opposite. Look at the last paragraph. I put professional politicians pretty much at the bottom of the heap, right below my mother in law. These people have zero credibility in my estimation.

of course you couldn't come up with any Democrats off the top of your head..
laughable

Koppel: Rush, Jon Stewart to Blame for Political Gridlock

"Ted Koppel on Monday blamed the political gridlock in Washington on legislators being afraid of bipartisanship for fear of being criticized by Rush Limbaugh, Jon Stewart, and other talk-show hosts."

Are you dyslexic?

323.png

Dems all think the same, why can't we be like them? Why the dissonance? We should all think the exact same thing

"Ted Koppel on Monday blamed the political gridlock in Washington on legislators being afraid of bipartisanship for fear of being criticized by Rush Limbaugh, Jon Stewart, and other talk-show hosts."

"But the comments brought a sharp rebuke on Tuesday from Limbaugh on his afternoon radio show."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Koppel: Rush, Jon Stewart to Blame for Political Gridlock
August 26, 2008
RUSH: "When critics get it right, then you reply," and when you reply to something they've gotten right, it's evidence that the critic has gotten to you.

folks need to start holding the lamestream media Responsible..let them know how you feel about their blatant BIAS....It's NOT Rush Limbaugh people, his audience isn't that big

SNIP

Bias: It's hard to see how press coverage of President Obama's re-election bid could have gotten any more biased, but a new report shows the media managed to outdo themselves the week before voters went to the polls.

The Pew Research Center's latest analysis puts hard numbers against the claim that the press went out of its way to get Obama re-elected.

According to the report, after months of positive press, "Obama's coverage improved dramatically" in the crucial final week of the campaign.

In fact, 29% of the stories about Obama that week were positive and just 19% were negative. At the same time, a third of the stories about Mitt Romney were negative, and just 16% were positive.

When it comes to bias, MSNBC is in a league of its own, Pew found. It ran zero negative stories about Obama and zero positive stories about Romney in that last week.

all of it here
Read More At IBD: How The Mainstream Press Helped Obama Over The Finish Line - Investors.com

well i read you the first time in black :D

so far as msnbc ..they ARE just as bad as fox. both just inflammatory and over the top, no substance from either.

SNIP

all of it here

so far as msnbc ..they ARE just as bad as fox. both just inflammatory and over the top, no substance from either.

I'm starting to see it that way as well. O'Reilly has me perplexed. I don't like his pompousness and arrogance but the substance of what he says often is just pure logic if one can listen beyond the personal hatred they have for him and for being on FOX.

Last edited:

SNIP

all of it here

I'm starting to see it that way as well. O'Reilly has me perplexed. I don't like his pompousness and arrogance but the substance of what he says often is just pure logic if one can lsiten beyond the personal hatred they have for him and for being on FOX.

heh did you catch the 'rumble 2012' w orielly/stewart?

was a lot of fun..oreilly isnt a horrible guy and is quite funny when he is out of his echo chamber. seen couple of interviews between him/stewart that left me thinking the guy is pretty funny and isn't the worst fox has to offer.

shultz on msnbc i cant stand..maddow is OK but not more than that..

Schultz, Waters on the left....just to jog your memory, jillian. There are many others.

Forum List

Back