Knuckleheads in the news............................

I had to go take care of things when my momma died. She live 800 miles away from me, so I had to take time off from work to go handle this stuff because nobody else would. Nobody really liked her, not even her own kids. Anyway........

I had gotten there, cleaned up her apartment, looked through what little she had. Sifted through what little stuff that was there. I think she just moved there and most of the stuff belonged to the owner, since they were furnished apartments.

The next day I went to city offices, her banks, and other places I needed to go to get her stuff finalized. She had some storage units I found paperwork on, so I had to stay another day to go through those.

She had a small flip phone. As I was there in the apartment watching tv, I was looking at what numbers she had in her phone, in case I needed to call someone I might not know about. And I noticed something strange.........

There was a call listed to 911 at 3:17pm........the day AFTER the coroner told me she had died.

I called the apartment manager and asked if he had used her phone at any point after he discovered her body. He said no.

Hmmmm.

I called the police station and talked to the manager of the 911 operations. I asked if they had any calls from her number on the day of, or at any time that week, from her phone number. After checking the call logs and records, he said no.

I talked to the manager again. I asked him if anyone had been in the apartment in the past week, before he found her in there. He said no. She had a woman from her church come check on her once or twice a month, but the woman in question had gone out of town for a few weeks.

I questioned everybody about this. Nobody had been to her apartment after the point of when the coroner said she died.

But there it was. On her phone. Clear as day. A call to 911...........the day AFTER she died.

Her body was found by the front door. Apparently she was trying to unlock the front door to get outside for help, and just died there by the door. The police and ambulance people apparently didn't touch her phone, as it was sitting on the far end of couch on a side table, in the corner of the room...on the opposite side of the room from the front door. They probably didn't even notice it.

I posted this "mystery" on a mystery site for mystery buffs, and never got any response.

I still have yet to figure this one out.

I know it's not funny shit in the news, but it's the only freaky, weird thing I've had happen in my life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back