know what really causes homosexuality....

But sexual jealousy might also be cultural - I think I remember reading where Eskimo/Innuit (what's the current acceptable phrase?) people would allow visiting men to have sex with their wives. There was a reason for it, a social reason, but I can't remember what it was now. I wonder if we have sexual jealously because we regarded women as chattels, historically speaking I mean.

As for the radical gays. So, what is the "radical gay agenda" I keep reading about?
I have always wondered about this custom among the Eskimos, which wouldn't be without precedent, but does seem to run counter to what we know about male sexual jealousy.

A Google search did not reveal anything definitive: claims that it was a myth, claims that their society was matrilineal and this is how a woman got a visiting man she fancied (unlikely, I think), and so on.

I did find this which seems more likely to me.

Homosexuality is a choice, by the way. It has nothing to do with genetics. Right or wrong, people choose to be homosexual at some point in their lives. To then try to blame it on science or genetics is a cop out and actually enrages many homosexuals.
I quite disagree. to act in an homosexual manner is a choice. to be philisophically homosexual is not. that is somehow ingrained. (they have yet to find out how)

The male sex drive is so powerful that if men are isolated from women they will turn to each other. Or many of them will.

And since the sex drive is intended to allow you to spread your genes, it is also accompanied with strong feelings of jealousy if you think you are being two-timed.

Which leads to fights and murder and general social disintegration.

Which is why societies that have survived have created the institution of marriage, to try to control that sex drive and prevent endless low-level wars over who is sleeping with whom.

And they have erected all kinds of taboos around sex. Society "knows" that you are playing with fire here. It's the wisdom of thousands of years of social practice -- not something dreamed up by a great thinker.

The conservative unhappiness towards the gay movement is fueled not really by some abstract moral theory about what sex is acceptable, still less by this or that individual's personal hangups, but by the impression we get that the gay movement is relentlessly undermining one taboo and institution in this area after another.

They are not content with being ignored, and allowed to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own homes. This right has been a de facto reality for decades in civilized societies and is now about as firmly established in both practice and law as you could wish.

But the gay movement is not satisfied with this. They appear to have bigger ambitions. So they are pulling one prop after another out from the complex construction we call "society", and just at the same time that other social and economic factors are undermining marriage, disparaging patriotism, and questioning traditonal values.

And we fear the consequences. That's the real "phobia" in our "homophobia".
You didn't say this specifically, but you seem to inply that women don't turn to women, as well. WHY???

What's an "in your face homosexual display(s)"? They're banging each other on Market Street????

Demands for "special rights and protections"? What "special rights and protections"?

Demands against religion? What are they telling people not to practise their religion? Yes, I'd regard that as unacceptable.

Same for reading of the gospels.

Are they asking for equality or something?
I'm confused too, and have the same questions

The only thing in his listing that seems accurate and relevant are the Gay Pride thingys. which I am also against just as I would be were they KKK, nazies, or????

Originally Posted by mattskramer View Post
I think that I disagree with you. Years ago I was physically attracted to a young man. I was passive. It did not get far sexually. We went as far as masturbating each other. I think that I was curious more tan anything else, though he was very good looking. Anyway, our relationship slowly drifted away. Today I’m a happily married heterosexual without any interest in having a homosexual encounte

Irrelevant. If you find men hot are physically attracted to men and you're a guy, then you're not heterosexual. Period. End of story. Whether you ever touch another man in a sexual way is irrelevant.

I don't know why this is so hard but let me try again.

1. BEING GAY IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU DO. HOMOSEXUALITY DEFINES YOUR DESIRES, NOT YOUR ACTIONS. YOU CAN BE MARRIED, HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN ALL YOU WANT, BUT IF YOU HAVE SAME SEX DESIRE YOU ARE NOT HETEROSEXUAL.

Christ, it's actually not very hard for people, especially if you are a guy. Your body tells you all the info you need to know. Do guys give you a woody, do girls give you a woody or do both of them. No woody, no attraction. Can I make it any easier for you? Oy.

You didn't say this specifically, but you seem to inply that women don't turn to women, as well. WHY???
Well, since I think th nature of female sexual desire is somewhat different from male, I didn't want to get into a longer discussion about it. But, yes, some heterosexual women enclosed together without men will turn to other women, although here I think it is more for the companionship, rather than pure lust. There are some obvious Darwinian reasons for the differences, as probably everyone posting here knows.

Irrelevant. If you find men hot are physically attracted to men and you're a guy, then you're not heterosexual. Period. End of story. Whether you ever touch another man in a sexual way is irrelevant.

1. BEING GAY IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU DO. HOMOSEXUALITY DEFINES YOUR DESIRES, NOT YOUR ACTIONS. YOU CAN BE MARRIED, HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN ALL YOU WANT, BUT IF YOU HAVE SAME SEX DESIRE YOU ARE NOT HETEROSEXUAL.

Christ, it's actually not very hard for people, especially if you are a guy. Your body tells you all the info you need to know. Do guys give you a woody, do girls give you a woody or do both of them. No woody, no attraction. Can I make it any easier for you? Oy.
You are getting closer. In the first case the man is Bisexual, not homosexual. in the second, you agreed with me.

and in all, the fact is that you are describing Bisexual people, and most people are, to some degree. I know I am. Some act on it, others don't. but the tendency is present in most. that also goes for women.

I think you're splitting hairs.

The different nuances of gayness is irrelevant, and there's no such thing as "philosophical homosexuality". That's just a made-up term to describe something because somebody doesn't like the common phrase.

It's excuse making, really.

Most people are not.

You seem to like to make these grand sweeping statements, but then don't provide any facts to back them up.

The different nuances of gayness is irrelevant, and there's no such thing as "philosophical homosexuality". That's just a made-up term to describe something because somebody doesn't like the common phrase.

There are no nuances to sexuality it's actually very straight forward. Humans have used religion, culture and their own uncomfortability with sexuality to complicate things. However our sexuality is biological, the drive to have sex is biological and homosexual is a part of all mammal species. It makes complete evolutionary sense as well as it eliminates the number of intra-species fights over potential female mates. In humans, homosexuality has existed as long as humanity as existed, so to suggest it's a product of modern culture or "choices" people make in our immoral world is insane. How can their be anti-homosexuality clauses in the Bible if homosexuality is a modern phenomenon. It's a part of humanity, exists in all cultures and will never not be a part of it. Please, sort it out and deal with it.

I think you're splitting hairs.

It's excuse making, really.
Well what word would you like to nuse to describe someone who is prone to homosexuality (whether or not you agree that a person is born that way)

I personally do not believe bisexuality exists. Sex is a very strong evolutionary force and most wo/men have probably had thoughts or experiences with same sex but fundamentally that continuum all behavior runs along would seem to tilt one way? How confusing would it be to see everyone as a sexual partner?

CorpMediaSux, I like your tag and your replies are smart.

I personally do not believe bisexuality exists. Sex is a very strong evolutionary force and most wo/men have probably had thoughts or experiences with same sex but fundamentally that continuum all behavior runs along would seem to tilt one way? How confusing would it be to see everyone as a sexual partner?

CorpMediaSux, I like your tag and your replies are smart.

I think it was Woody Allen who said something along the lines of being bisexual doubles your chances of a date for Saturday night :D

"The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." Lynne Lavner
:eusa_naughty:

Is that you Pale_rider???

No... but I see you put that same old picture of you that looks like a filthy old drunken bum back up.

Maybe you should put the one of you wearing the tinfoil hat back.

Oh well... either way... you look like an idiot, and sound like an even bigger one.

Can’t interests change with time and experience? I used to like vanilla ice cream. Now I prefer chocolate. I used to play video and pinball games at the local arcade. It cost me 25 cents per game. How, I don’t care for them. In fact, I have not played a video game in over 5 years. Also, can’t someone be bisexual? I do enjoy being sexually intimate with my wife. I disagree with you. Time and states change.

I don't think vanilla ice cream is a key part of our core evolutionary being, but sex may be another story, you think

thought these funny

http://aintchristian.blogspot.com/2007/02/10-best-reasons-gay-marriage-is-wrong.html

10 Best reasons Gay Marriage is wrong:
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

No... but I see you put that same old picture of you that looks like a filthy old drunken bum back up.

Maybe you should put the one of you wearing the tinfoil hat back.

Oh well... either way... you look like an idiot, and sound like an even bigger one.
Nice of you to say so, It just adds more credence to your hold on you own personal form of Jackassicity.

If you don't have something reasonable and relevant to say about an issue. You just post an insult. For you, that is par for the course.

Forum List

Back