* Almonds are members of the peach family
* Babies are born without kneecaps
* Butterflies taste with their feet
* Cats have over 100 voacl sounds: Dogs have 10
* February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon
* If you are average, you will spend 6 months waiting for red lights
* L. Da Vinci invented the scissors
* Maine is the only state with one syllsble
* On a Canadian $2 bill the flag flying over the Parliment Bldg. is an American flag.
* Peanuts are an ingredient in dynamite
* Your left hand does 56% of the typing
* The cruiseliner QE2 moves 6" for each gallon of diesel fuel it burns
* There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar
* The winter of 1932 was so cold, Niagra Falls froze completely solid
* Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur
* There is no Betty Rubble in Flintstones Vitamins
* Churchill was born in a ladies room during a dance
* There are more chickens in the world than humans
* Women blink almost twice as much as men
* Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every to weeks or it will digest itself

NOW you know everything!

Newborns do have kneecaps. Kneecaps form about the fourth month of fetal life. However, they don’t show up on x-ray very well because they’re not ossified, or bony. At this point in life, the kneecaps are made of a cartilaginous material. The growth centers surrounding the kneecap form late in developmental life in utero and may not appear until just before or just after the infant is born.

edit - oh - and Goldfish memory is THREE seconds...not 23 ;)

d0h! again...

Niagara Falls does not freeze over. The volume of water going over the falls and the depth and the speed of the water below the Falls preclude it from freezing.

Canadian $10 bill, not $2 bill, and here are the facts....
Here is the bill:
10flag.jpg

Here is what is depicted on the bill:
ensign.gif

The $2 bill has a triangular banner waving over the Parliament building, if I remember correctly.

Look guys, I just typed what was sent to me. I'm sorry I didn't research this info. If you want the address of the person that sent it to me I'll give it to you. Get off MY ass.

Joz said:
Look guys, I just typed what was sent to me. I'm sorry I didn't research this info. If you want the address of the person that sent it to me I'll give it to you. Get off MY ass.

YOu tell them girl ! :teeth: :trolls:

It is not pronounced NOOK YOU LAR!

I just don't want any of my new friends running around spouting off incorrect information.....I am not on your ass, you would certainy know it if I was!

I wish you a great day!

Fmr jarhead said:
It is not pronounced NOOK YOU LAR! I wish you a great day!

Thanks. But I don't get the first part.

I apologize for coming across a bit testy. I stay out of the 'important' threads because I get too upset. So, I decided to stay 'down below'. Got very irritated a bit earlier & I just wasn't in the mood for someone to correct something I tho't was cute. I'm sorry.

Joz said:

Touchy-touchy :)

Nobody (with a modicum of sense) is accusing YOU of inaccuracies... :) That list had been around for awhile - I had bookmarked a couple of 'answers' to them from awhile ago. No worries m8 - nobody is on your ass!

Regards!

:D

Joz said:

feeling the heat joz? :laugh:

Joz said:

And Canada uses a "Toonie" which is a $2. coin, not a $2. bill. :funnyface: :poke:

Joz said:
*Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur

I have a Tom cat, who was locked in my neighbors old shed, in the middle of February a few years back(actually 2 cats, but one died). He was in there for 4 weeks, and when I found him, there was almost nothing left of him. THe funny thing is, a couple of weeks later, for some odd reason ALL his hair fell out - poor guy,the other cats on the street kept beating him up. Anyway, my point is that skin was striped in the same pattern as his skin (he's a striped tabi). The poor guy, he was never the same after that, he hasn't come inside the house for years, he's pretty wild now.

Forum List

Back