knife laws

fredchurch

Rookie
Feb 7, 2012
i have a nephew getting married. so one of the gifts i want to give him is a set of steak knives. lets say i want to comply with the law. how do i transport the set of knives from the shopping mall to my house wrap them up ant take them to the reception to give them to him. let me remind you a policeman will look the other way and let it pass. by doing that hes also not doing his job. over a 4 inch blade in your car is illegal. call the s.w.a.t. team put me in jail. someone tell me if im a fanatic for law how do i get them home?

What makes you think there is anything illegal about steak knives?

i have a nephew getting married. so one of the gifts i want to give him is a set of steak knives. lets say i want to comply with the law. how do i transport the set of knives from the shopping mall to my house wrap them up ant take them to the reception to give them to him. let me remind you a policeman will look the other way and let it pass. by doing that hes also not doing his job. over a 4 inch blade in your car is illegal. call the s.w.a.t. team put me in jail. someone tell me if im a fanatic for law how do i get them home?

Put them in the bag with the store's name on it and your recieplt in the bag. Put the bag in the trunk of your car. Make sure you stop for all stop signs, signal all turns and do not exceed the speed limit. Make sure there is nothing hanging from your rear view mirror and no decals on your front or back windows. Make sure both of your brake lights are operative and working as well as your rear license plate light. Have driver's license and proof of insurance with you. Do not have anything of an alcoholic nature to drink prior to making the journey home. Make every effort to avoid "check points." Do not talk on a hand-held cell phone while driving. Drive within your lane at all times. Signal all lane changes. If you have tinted windows, get rid of them and replace them with non-tinted windows. Do not have a bumper sticker that says, "Cops Suck" of "Screw the Pigs" or similar sentiments.

Oh yes - do not be Hispanic or Black, at least, not while driving.

Put them in the bag with the store's name on it and your recieplt in the bag. Put the bag in the trunk of your car. Make sure you stop for all stop signs, signal all turns and do not exceed the speed limit. Make sure there is nothing hanging from your rear view mirror and no decals on your front or back windows. Make sure both of your brake lights are operative and working as well as your rear license plate light. Have driver's license and proof of insurance with you. Do not have anything of an alcoholic nature to drink prior to making the journey home. Make every effort to avoid "check points." Do not talk on a hand-held cell phone while driving. Drive within your lane at all times. Signal all lane changes. If you have tinted windows, get rid of them and replace them with non-tinted windows. Do not have a bumper sticker that says, "Cops Suck" of "Screw the Pigs" or similar sentiments.

Oh yes - do not be Hispanic or Black, at least, not while driving.

Sounds like your transporting dope!!!!

Don't worry about it, I believe kitchen utensils (steak knives) are not classified as weapons until they are used in a threatening manner or if you take them to school. A fork is just as deadly.

Actually, you can get in trouble for having a steak knife. Depends upon who you are and the context of your being discovered with the knife. I recently had a guy go to state prison because he was in his house, peeling something with a relatively small kitchen knife. He walked outside with the knife in his hand. The cops drove by. My client was also mentally ill. He began yelling at the cops with the knife in his hand. When they came over to him, he wanted to know "what the fuck" they were doing in the neighborhood. Game over. He ended up being charged with illegal possession of a knife.

In California, almost anything can get you in trouble for being in possession of an illegal weapon. A fork can be an illegal weapon, for example. It depends largely upon why you are in possession of it. That's why cops always ask, "why do you carry this?" when they find some kind of a weapon (or possible weapon) concealed on someone's person. If the response is: "for protection" (which is the usual response), they are busted. On the other hand, if the weapon is not concealed on the person, but stored in the trunk of the car in a bag with a receipt for purchase, and the explanation for possession is, "I just bought these knives and I am going to give them to a relative as a wedding gift," I would strongly suspect there would be no arrest.

Odd, I thought the OP was talking about transporting them on a plane or something.

What kind of dope wonders how he can get steak knives home from Sears without going to jail?

• Banned
on the computer i read a story of a woman that sold a house moved into another house and in the process of moving she had her car full of things she was moving along with kitchen steak knives. nice country we made for ourself. yes she went to knife jail. the law states 4 inch blade or larger is illegal. politicials are the ones that are morons. they make the laws. also how many people keep reciepts of everything they buy. not me.

• Banned
in california its illegal for a man to look at a woman. one more law for this so called free country.

Forum List

Back