"Kiss the Good Times Goodbye" - the end of the automotive era

The end of the automotive era is coming. For all the claims that terrorists will hack these vehicles and kill a hundred people, the die is cast and it will happen.

Obviously there are huge segments of our economy that will disappear or be greatly downsized. Car dealers, mechanics, auto insurance companies ect. But there are less obvious one too. What percentage of most police depts are dedicated to enforcing traffic laws? How much money is spent daily on parking fees and tickets?

What's an "automotive ear"? <kidding!>

LMAO!! It is early. I was on my first cup of coffee, and apparently my typing was not awake.

Can some handy mod fix that? I don't see an edit function for thread titles.

I tend to think Lutz is right. But what am I to do with my 45 foot diesel motor home? I sure hope our wonderfully corrupt and terribly unjust government doesn't force me to sell it for scrap.

I tend to think Lutz is right. But what am I to do with my 45 foot diesel motor home? I sure hope our wonderfully corrupt and terribly unjust government doesn't force me to sell it for scrap.

Well, you should have 10 or 15 years to use it, at the very least. By then it will probably be well worn.

After that? You'll take an Uber or Lyft to a place that rents you a mobile cabin?

LMAO!! It is early. I was on my first cup of coffee, and apparently my typing was not awake.

It might be too late by now, but if you look right above the opening post, there is an option. Click it and it opens up options.

It might be too late by now, but if you look right above the opening post, there is an option. Click it and it opens up options.

Actually, I think it is funny. I'm leaving it alone.

But thanks.

Actually, I think it is funny. I'm leaving it alone.

But thanks.

Future reference at least, right? Lol yw

Can't come soon enough for me. I won't miss it.
I tend to agree, but I do enjoy driving a nice car. I have an Audi A6 that is a blast to drive.

When I was much younger (before kids), I had a Triumph TR6. Keeping the dual carbs tuned right was a pain. But when she was running good it was as much fun as I have ever had driving.
agree TR6 was a great car to drive...when running right. Great looking car too.

Yeah, he's right. I'm notorious for giving bad information :biggrin:

I'm waiting for one of those hovering speeders that Luke Skywalker drove. Looks more fun than a car and you don't have to worry about tires/suspension/etc., any automotive expense that has to do with wheels.

to think that we will have the infrastructure to do this in 5 years is ridiculous.

Most people do not trust driverless cars and I don't think that will change any time soon

In ten years, most new cars will be self-driving, because lower insurance costs will pay for the self-driving feature.

Speeds won't be super-fast because the current road system doesn't support high speeds and also because high speeds are inefficient, even with drafting.

Yes, I expect car ownership to plummet. When you can call a private ride in minutes, why own a car?

Forum List

Back