Kingdom of Judea

Ace Nova

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2017
Florida
Founded by David in approximately 1000 BC. (Modern day Israel). Controlled/conquered many times over the past 3000 years. Israel as a modern state did not exist before the 1950's but Jewish people have lived in the region for 3000 years.

"Jewish" is derived from "Judea" who's capital was Jerusalem.

Nice OP, but not quite qualifying for in this section. You need a link and uh, this is a lot more like history than current events.

Nice OP, but not quite qualifying for in this section. You need a link and uh, this is a lot more like history than current events.
Gotcha. Should I delete it? I was stating some history about the region because many times you hear about how "Israel" became a state out of nowhere.

Gotcha. Should I delete it? I was stating some history about the region because many times you hear about how "Israel" became a state out of nowhere.
Probably. A mod will have to clean this up later, though.

There is a history section.

Founded by David in approximately 1000 BC. (Modern day Israel). Controlled/conquered many times over the past 3000 years. Israel as a modern state did not exist before the 1950's but Jewish people have lived in the region for 3000 years.

Judea is the greek form for Judah, one of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Israel became united with King David 3000 years ago. He conquered Jerusalem and made it the Nation's Capital.

Modern Israel became Independent in 1948 after Jews were allowed to rebuild their nation with the Mandate for Palestine which the British government itself became against, after the Balfour Declaration.

The word Judaism and Jewish derive from Judah, Judea.

Israel's capital continues to be Jerusalem.

So the Jews are kind of the indigenous people who were later colonized.

Forum List

Back