King Tut's cause of death ---- a broken leg

no1tovote4 said:
Painful way to go, but I am sure he was given painkillers.
They did use mandrake and hashish for pain relief.The only other pain killer I know of back then was opium and that wasn't introduced to Egypt until after the Romans occupied Egypt.

KarlMarx said:
They did use mandrake and hashish for pain relief.The only other pain killer I know of back then was opium and that wasn't introduced to Egypt until after the Romans occupied Egypt.

Yeah, but these guys were advanced, they came up with beer ya know!

:beer:

gop_jeff said:
I thought the Babylonians invented/discovered beer, sometime around 2000 BC.

It appears it could have easily been invented by several cultures at the same time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer

Almost any sugar or starch-containing food can naturally undergo fermentation, and so it is likely that beer-like beverages were independently invented in cultures throughout the world. In Mesopotamia, the oldest evidence of beer is on a 6000-year-old Sumerian tablet which shows people drinking a beverage through reed straws from a communal bowl. Beer is also mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh, and a 3900-year-old Sumerian poem honoring the brewing goddess Ninkasi contains the oldest surviving beer recipe, describing the production of beer from barley via bread. Beer became vital to all the grain-growing civilizations of classical antiquity, especially in Egypt and Mesopotamia.

no1tovote4 said:
It appears it could have easily been invented by several cultures at the same time...

I was about to visit that site, but my cookies all got deleted and I couldn't get onto my home page where I have it bookmarked...

KarlMarx said:
KING TUT ARTICLE

This ends decades of speculation about King Tut's cause of death at the age of 19

I was always under the impression that he died from a blow to the head as was previously speculated on...It now makes sense that a infection was the cause of death...probably of the staff type..entered the spinal cord then the brain...rare but a killer just the same!

archangel said:
I was always under the impression that he died from a blow to the head as was previously speculated on...It now makes sense that a infection was the cause of death...probably of the staff type..entered the spinal cord then the brain...rare but a killer just the same!
not so rare anymore--antibiotic resistant staph is spreading like wildfire

dilloduck said:
not so rare anymore--antibiotic resistant staph is spreading like wildfire

I am very aware of this type of infection..I had one three years ago associated with a work related accident...It attacked my spinal cord..I am 19% mylopothy now because of it..Had a great neurosurgeon he stopped it before it made it's way to the brain..I was parapaligic for over eight weeks..
I can walk ok now after three years of constant workouts...I run like a Duck though...LOL And the pain in the legs is constant...but I am alive thank God and my doctors...

archangel said:
I am very aware of this type of infection..I had one three years ago associated with a work related accident...It attacked my spinal cord..I am 19% mylopothy now because of it..Had a great neurosurgeon he stopped it before it made it's way to the brain..I was parapaligic for over eight weeks..
I can walk ok now after three years of constant workouts...I run like a Duck though...LOL And the pain in the legs is constant...but I am alive thank God and my doctors...

My sis has it now and is crippled because they cannot due the necessary surgery on her back due to her MRSA. It sucks.

dilloduck said:
My sis has it now and is crippled because they cannot due the necessary surgery on her back due to her MRSA. It sucks.

My doctors put me on a combination of anti biotics after surgery I was on them for eight straight weeks intra veneuos...24/7 drip..It did the job..My doctor told my daughter that I would probably never walk again...she told me and I said hell no he is wrong...I forced myself to walk and low and behold after about six months I could walk assisted with canadian crutches..after three years I can walk ok unassisted...Tell her not to give up..and prove the doctors wrong...

archangel said:
The reason for the murder theory originated when an X-ray of Tut's head showed a small fragment of bone in the back of the skull (which is sometimes a sign of trauma to the head). However, that lump of bone could easily have been left over from the mummification process (during the process, the septoid bone in the roof of the nasal cavity was broken and the brain was removed from the skull via the nose). Now scientist think that the more likely cause of death was gangrene that set in after Tut broke his leg. BTW, pictures of the mummy clearly show a fracture in the leg bones, However, Howard Carter, who discovered Tut's tomb, claimed that the fractured bone was caused by the mummification process.

archangel said:
My doctors put me on a combination of anti biotics after surgery I was on them for eight straight weeks intra veiniuos...24/7 drip..It did the job..My doctor told my daughter that I would probably never walk again...she told me and I said hell no he is wrong...I forced myself to walk and low and behold after about six months I could walk assisted with canadian crutches..after three years I can walk ok unassisted...Tell her not to give up..and prove the doctors wrong...

She's on the iv antibiotics now but having trouble finding a surgeon who will repair a crushed disc. She's had 2 prosthetic knees rejected due to MRSA but I'm in CO now fighting for her. Get to fight with an insurance company today-oh goody!

KarlMarx said:
The reason for the murder theory originated when an X-ray of Tut's head showed a small fragment of bone in the back of the skull (which is sometimes a sign of trauma to the head). However, that lump of bone could easily have been left over from the mummification process (during the process, the septoid bone in the roof of the nasal cavity was broken and the brain was removed from the skull via the nose). Now scientist think that the more likely cause of death was gangrene that set in after Tut broke his leg. BTW, pictures of the mummy clearly show a fracture in the leg bones, However, Howard Carter, who discovered Tut's tomb, claimed that the fractured bone was caused by the mummification process.

Maybe the aliens that helped them build the pyramids got upset at him and simply shot his ass with their phase pistols!
:tinfoil:

Then when they were embalming him in preparation as they removed his brain through his nose they sat on his leg for leverage and broke it puncturing the skin of the leg and poking the embalmer in the ass. This was called Tut's revenge, later shortened to just his nickname. It is little known that Tutenkamen's nickname was "Goose" as the aliens had given him a VCR Tape from the future of Topgun, and he just loved the movie. Therefore today, when somebody is poked in the ass we now call it a "Goose".

(Think my theory will ever make it into the Paleontology Magazines?)

Forum List

Back