King Obama I need to golf who cares if you planned your wedding today!!!

Could have been worse. I wonder how many of the 4,500 soldiers the last guy killed for nothing had their weddings CANCELLED?

Oh yes they got an apology from the chief dunce. Can't they be grateful for his attention?

Appears that they were more gracious than any of the Obama haters posting here.
Both the Bride and Groom are West Point Graduates and Officers in the Army, they could not say anything negative about Obama if the wanted too.

Not only were the Bride and Groom gracious- so was the rest of the wedding party- who could have said whatever they wanted. Like I said- the only ones who are whining about this are Conservatives who weren't even invited to the wedding.

The Mallues planned their wedding Sunday on the 16th tee box at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course. Hawaiian wedding blogs portray the 16th tee box as a popular venue for wedding ceremonies, but guests are told that all plans are subject to change when the president is in town, sources said.

“Listen, congratulations on your wedding. I feel terrible,” the president told the couple. “Nobody told us and that had they mentioned they were going to have a wedding on the 16th hole we would have skipped the 16th hole. But I hope the wedding went OK anyway.”

Natalie said, “It was just above the 16th hole. So we were watching you golf.”

“Well, that must have been kind of painful,” Obama joked, telling the newlyweds he shot an 84. “But if I had skipped the 16th hole I would have shot a 79.”

The video was shot on cellphone by Natalie’s sister, Christie McConnell.

1D274907514932-today-obama-141230.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

After asking the couple how long they have known each other (since 2011) and where they plan to honeymoon (“We haven’t figured that out yet”), the president politely passed on their invitation to the reception.

“You’re more than welcome to come to our reception at the officer’s club,” Edward said, as Natalie added, “There’s an open bar.”

“You know what,” the president responded, “you don’t want me at the reception. Everybody would have to be magged [checked by security]. Congratulations and thanks for your service."

After the ceremony was done and members of the bridal party were taking photos, Mallue got a call from the wedding planner asking permission to give the president his cellphone number, said McConnell, a bridesmaid. Then, Obama called and Mallue put the call on speakerphone.

"We all hovered around, all excited, listening," McConnell said. Obama asked how long they had been "going out," chatted about golf and apologized for disrupting their plans. "He was really funny and nice on the phone."

The newlyweds said they weren't angry with Obama.

"We knew there were two things that could mess up the wedding. One was the weather and the other was the president," the bride told NBC News in an interview. "I'm sure that his staffers didn't let him know there was a wedding."

For the newlywed couple, at least, there were no hard feelings about the change in plans, which was first reported by Bloomberg. McConnell said the phone call from the president made the wedding all the more memorable.

"There were no hard feelings about the move," she said. "It was all a good thing."

The president "saved the day" calling the couple to apologize and to congratulate them, McCarthy(the brides sister and part of the wedding party) told UPI.

"We were all there, it was perfect. Made their day," McCarthy said.

I guess with the stock market doing so well and gas prices dropping, and Ebola not killing thousands of Americans- Conservatives just need something to whine about.

You know.................bitching about this wedding (of people most of us have never met, and a wedding most of us never went to) is beyond nuts.

If you want to be angry at someone, it should be the staffer who arranged the tee time, and the person at the golf course that accepted it. Most things on a President's schedule are made a long time in advance because not only does the President go there, but there are staff and Secret Service that have to be told where the POTUS is going to be.

If the couple that actually got married don't have a problem with it, then why do the conservatives?

Oh yeah....................forgot.........................there's a black man in the White House.

You know.................bitching about this wedding (of people most of us have never met, and a wedding most of us never went to) is beyond nuts.

If you want to be angry at someone, it should be the staffer who arranged the tee time, and the person at the golf course that accepted it. Most things on a President's schedule are made a long time in advance because not only does the President go there, but there are staff and Secret Service that have to be told where the POTUS is going to be.

If the couple that actually got married don't have a problem with it, then why do the conservatives?

Oh yeah....................forgot.........................there's a black man in the White House.

Aaaaand the race card is pulled out.

Is there a country where a black man has it better than here? Which one?

Fucking liberals.

I will be waiting for that answer.

Whoa..... before we proceed ... prove his "PR team" even knew about the wedding ....

That's what they are there for. Not knowing about it is almost as bad as knowing about it and saying "meh"
Regardless of what you think their job duties are, show some evidence they knew. You're accusing them of screwing up, yet for all you know, they were never informed a wedding was scheduled.

Lol, evidence from this "transparent" administration?

Keep spinning Obama-bot. Beep, Derp, Beep.
Who asked for "transparency??" I'm just trying to get to make claims based on reality. It's not Obama's fault you insist on spreading rumors made up from whole cloth.

It's never Obama's fault with you clowns.

Responsibility is only a good word when a Republican President is in office.
For what do you imagine Obama should be taking responsibility? Loony rightwing outrage? Please. It's already been established he had no knowledge of the wedding and you have no evidence anyone on his staff was aware.

Your deflection is noted.

Whoa..... before we proceed ... prove his "PR team" even knew about the wedding ....

That's what they are there for. Not knowing about it is almost as bad as knowing about it and saying "meh"
Regardless of what you think their job duties are, show some evidence they knew. You're accusing them of screwing up, yet for all you know, they were never informed a wedding was scheduled.
As if you had a clue either way.

We've had six years of this sort of nonessential bs from this administration. Any new incidents merely reinforces his image as a pampered autocrat with not a care in the world for the peasants in this country.
I never said I know if they knew or not; but then, I'm not the one making baseless claims.

I did none of the sort.

It costs us $1.4 billion a year to take care of this prick's needs. The entire British royal family requires only a tiny fraction of that. Instead of staying home he insists on spending millions of our tax dollars for this annual trip. A trip that isn't necessary. The visuals alone are bad news for his party. Shutting down Whitehouse tours was just one example of his holier than thou attitudes. This latest incident is yet another. He has always claimed to be in the dark about everything and it's not flying anymore with the normal folks. None of this is one of your silly "false claims". They are all a matter of record ... beyond dispute.
That's a lot of typing just to confess you're full of shit. :dunno:

Who asked for "transparency??" I'm just trying to get to make claims based on reality. It's not Obama's fault you insist on spreading rumors made up from whole cloth.

Yeah- that is why that bastard personally called the couple to apologize.......

We know a Republican President wouldn't dare do something like that.

Obama used the course for its intended purpose.....playing golf

Golf courses are not intended as wedding locations
Please provide us with a link to the federal statute that requires golf courses to be used for golf only.

Now, If Obama were to insist on playing golf in the middle of a church during their wedding, I can see where some may complain
Obama playing golf in a church? That's funny.

FYI many weddings are held in outdoor settings. Church is not a requirement for wedding ceremonies. Further, many religious ceremonies are held in outdoor settings. There is no requirement that a wedding be held in a building.

Why is it that some folks get a tingle with the idea of their masters pissing on someone's booked venue? Is it some sort of sexual thing where the person assuming the position of being punished by their master gets off?

The couple were moved to a better location and received a personal phonecall from the President.....No harm, no foul
Of course you think that . You bow to your king.. Ok the next time I want to play golf and Obama has a tea time I want him to leave now. He can play at a better golf course no harm no foul right .

a day late and a dollar short .. I wonder if they had to pay extra expenses for the move?? If they did Obama should pay out of his personal funds.

Obama tells his minions to clear the course it's tee time. Minions inform golf course they are to bow to his magnificence. Owner of the course ... uhm but we have customers, hell one has a wedding today. Henchman: "Resistance is futile." You will accommodate the "one", or the IRS will set up office at the ninth hole.

Problem here is this course is owned by Uncle Sam. It's not even the best course in Hawaii. It is a military course ... which means he cares less for any military he may inconvenience than civilians on other courses on Oahu or Kauai.

For some reason, it is easier to arrange security on a military course

Who'da thunk it?
never stopped him before to go other places when he sees fit .. He shuts down whole damn cities for a fund raisers ..

a day late and a dollar short .. I wonder if they had to pay extra expenses for the move?? If they did Obama should pay out of his personal funds.

I wonder why you are so much more upset about this than the couple getting married- or their wedding party.

I wonder why they are having so much fun while the hearts of conservatives grew smaller and smaller.

Obama tells his minions to clear the course it's tee time. Minions inform golf course they are to bow to his magnificence. Owner of the course ... uhm but we have customers, hell one has a wedding today. Henchman: "Resistance is futile." You will accommodate the "one", or the IRS will set up office at the ninth hole.

Problem here is this course is owned by Uncle Sam. It's not even the best course in Hawaii. It is a military course ... which means he cares less for any military he may inconvenience than civilians on other courses on Oahu or Kauai.

Who'da thunk it?
never stopped him before to go other places when he sees fit .. He shuts down whole damn cities for a fund raisers ..

Yeah I live in San Francisco and its a pain in the ass.

And it was when Bush came here too.

And when Clinton did.

How dare Obama act like a President!

Who'da thunk it?

And when Clinton did.

Exactly. Obama has done nothing to deserve being the President.

Who'da thunk it?

And when Clinton did.

Other than get elected.

Twice.

I wonder why you are so much more upset about this than the couple getting married- or their wedding party.

I wonder why they are having so much fun while the hearts of conservatives grew smaller and smaller.

Who'da thunk it?

And when Clinton did.

Oh ... so Bush and Clinton screwed up a wedding to play a round of fucken golf too?

Yup ... this is sort of a tradition. Everyone remembers the time George Washington closed down a funeral because he wanted to play a round of golf. And who can forget the time that Honest Abe shut down that Bar mitzvah because he wanted to practice his putting.

Is there any lousy act by Obama that you liberals won't excuse because of the acts of a previous president?

For what do you imagine Obama should be taking responsibility? Loony rightwing outrage? Please. It's already been established he had no knowledge of the wedding and you have no evidence anyone on his staff was aware.

Your deflection is noted.

Slurp, Slurp, Slurp. Stop posting with Obama's dick in your mouth.

Who'da thunk it?

And when Clinton did.

Except getting 70 million people to vote for him

Who'da thunk it?

And when Clinton did.

LOL. Except he won two terms at the polls. Americans elected him president. And nothing you can do will change that.

2008 365 electorial votes versus 173, 52.9% of the vote
2012 332 electorial votes versus 206 51.1% of the vote.

Forum List

Back