King james was gay!

Leftist morons don't even recognize how amazingly progressive James was.

That's what's so humorous about threads like this.

Do you have evidence that shows anything being altered, or do you just have a position with no basis?
Make an argument and back it up, or just put your hood back on.

Are you inviting me to prove a negative?

Imagine, a lefty engaging in logical fallacy - who would have guessed... :dunno:

You made a positive assertion.
You said the evidence had been revised.
Show that, please.

You don't understand something. There were four manuscript families that went into four different geographic parts of the world that no one person or group controlled. If someone changed something, we would know by comparing the manuscripts. The Bible was originally written in Greek and Hebrew; not King James.

Besides, the ESV comes out strong against Homosexuality and it came from the Revised Standard Version which isn't King James.
The books of the Old Testament were written from approximately 1400 B.C. to 400 B.C. The books of the New Testament were written from approximately A.D. 40 to A.D. 90. So, anywhere between 3400 to 1900 years have passed since a book of the Bible was written. In this time, the original manuscripts have been lost. They very likely no longer exist. Also during this time, the books of the Bible have been copied again and again. Copies of copies of copies have been made.

Then the church began it's revisions, changing both content and interpretation of the scriptures including the addition of some books/passages and the removal of others.

First Council of Nicaea (325)
First Council of Constantinople (381)
Council of Ephesus (431)
Second Council of Ephesus (449)
Council of Chalcedon (451) repudiated
Second Council of Constantinople (553)
Third Council of Constantinople (680-681)
Quinisext Council, also called Council in Trullo [2] (692)
Second Council of Nicaea (787)
First Council of the Lateran (1123)
Fourth Council of the Lateran (1215)
Second Council of Lyon (1274)
First Council of the Vatican (1870; officially, 1870-1960)

Then we have the revisions and the revisions of the revisions. Today there are over 50 different version of the Bible.

Religious leaders are quick to assure us that man did not author the Bible. It was the invisible hand of God that directed the creation of each verse which was a pretty niffy idea considering the number of contributors and the lack of clear tracings back to the original manuscripts.

That's because the word "homosexuality" wasn't invented yet. The practice of homosexuality was addressed in all ancient Biblical texts “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination", “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"

Those are texts from the Old Testament, and who cares what a bunch of OT dudes said?

Tell us what Jesus says, Lonestar_logic, even though you despise Him in your life and beliefs.

Another little known fact: After King Jame's death, the Bible named after him was changed to specifically include homosexuality as a sin, although earlier bibles, dating back to ancient times, didn't.

I checked and the 1611 King James Bible mentions Homosexuality as a sin.

Show some evidence because I don't believe you.

I can read Hebrew and Greek even better, and the original manuscripts that are available point out homosexual sex as sin. Period. End of story. Stop posting "scholars" opinions.

How can so many historians be wrong!

How many folks know that King James (who commissioned the King James Bible and to whom it was dedicated) loved men and had sex with them? At the age of thirteen James fell madly in love with his male cousin Esme Stuart whom he made Duke of Lennox. James deferred to Esme to the consternation of his ministers. In 1582 James was kidnapped and forced to issue a proclamation against his lover and send him back to France.

Later, James fell in love with a poor young Scotsman named Robert Carr. "The king leans on his [Carr's] arm, pinches his cheeks, smooths his ruffled garment, and when he looks upon Carr, directs his speech to others." (Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, in a letter, 1611)

James's sexual orientation was so widely known that Sir Walter Raleigh joked about it in public saying "King Elizabeth" had been succeeded by "Queen James."
- Catherine D. Bowen, The Lion and the Throne

Interesting...

Although the title page of The King James Bible boasted that it was "newly translated out of the original tongues," the work was actually a revision of The Bishop's Bible of 1568, which was a revision of The Great Bible of 1539, which was itself based on three previous English translations from the early 1500s. So, the men who produced the King James Bible not only inherited some of the errors made by previous English translators, but invented some of their own.

A physical weakling, as an adolescent James had shown himself to be a coward, who liked only to hunt, to read (which he did, prodigiously) and to talk. To protect himself he wore thick quilted doublets, so padded that they provided a kind of armor against any assassin who might attack him with a knife. When he revealed a sexual preference for men, falling in love with his cousin Esmé Stewart and elevating him to a position of authority on the royal council, some of his nobles kidnapped James and held him captive, banishing Stewart and controlling James's every move. After nearly a year James escaped, but continued to resent his jailers; after he began to rule on his own behalf, at seventeen, he made it a priority to bring the turbulent Scots nobles under control.

As he aged James indulged his preference for handsome men, living apart from his wife. His doting fondness was part paternal, part erotic; he called his favorite George Villiers "sweet child and wife" and referred to himself as "your dear dad and husband." But to his courtiers, the sight of the aging, paunchy, balding monarch, who according to one court observer had a tendency to drool, leaning on his paramours was utterly repellant.

Another little known fact: After King Jame's death, the Bible named after him was changed to specifically include homosexuality as a sin, although earlier bibles, dating back to ancient times, didn't.

Thank heavens for HIV.

That's because the word "homosexuality" wasn't invented yet. The practice of homosexuality was addressed in all ancient Biblical texts “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination", “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"

Those are texts from the Old Testament, and who cares what a bunch of OT dudes said?

Tell us what Jesus says, Lonestar_logic, even though you despise Him in your life and beliefs.

Jesus did not speak on every subject. Paul, his inspired spokesman, said that homosexuality is wrong.

I can read Hebrew and Greek even better, and the original manuscripts that are available point out homosexual sex as sin. Period. End of story. Stop posting "scholars" opinions.

There aren't any original manuscripts available.
Period. End of story.

Period. End of story.

I can still win with any manuscript.

How can so many historians be wrong!

How many folks know that King James (who commissioned the King James Bible and to whom it was dedicated) loved men and had sex with them? At the age of thirteen James fell madly in love with his male cousin Esme Stuart whom he made Duke of Lennox. James deferred to Esme to the consternation of his ministers. In 1582 James was kidnapped and forced to issue a proclamation against his lover and send him back to France.

Later, James fell in love with a poor young Scotsman named Robert Carr. "The king leans on his [Carr's] arm, pinches his cheeks, smooths his ruffled garment, and when he looks upon Carr, directs his speech to others." (Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, in a letter, 1611)

Interesting...

A physical weakling, as an adolescent James had shown himself to be a coward, who liked only to hunt, to read (which he did, prodigiously) and to talk. To protect himself he wore thick quilted doublets, so padded that they provided a kind of armor against any assassin who might attack him with a knife. When he revealed a sexual preference for men, falling in love with his cousin Esmé Stewart and elevating him to a position of authority on the royal council, some of his nobles kidnapped James and held him captive, banishing Stewart and controlling James's every move. After nearly a year James escaped, but continued to resent his jailers; after he began to rule on his own behalf, at seventeen, he made it a priority to bring the turbulent Scots nobles under control.

As he aged James indulged his preference for handsome men, living apart from his wife. His doting fondness was part paternal, part erotic; he called his favorite George Villiers "sweet child and wife" and referred to himself as "your dear dad and husband." But to his courtiers, the sight of the aging, paunchy, balding monarch, who according to one court observer had a tendency to drool, leaning on his paramours was utterly repellant.

Thank heavens for HIV.

Which cruelly kills far more straight people than gays.
You are a very sick person.

Jesus did not speak on every subject. Paul, his inspired spokesman, said that homosexuality is wrong.

You don't believe in Paul's writings at all. Or you would consider his correction of Peter's false teachings. Or you could read the interaction with Phillip and the Eunuch or Ethiopia. When you are ready to repent and return to God, go to your local AME minister.

You understand nothing about the gospel as it applies to foreigners, non believers, race, or ethnicity.

Mal doesn't maintain that gays rot in hell for being gay.

In fact, I've never heard anyone say that.

They will rot in hell for rejecting Christ, however.

I'm Jewish. Will we rot in hell?

The practice of homosexuality was addressed in all ancient Biblical texts “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination", “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination"
Just because the bible says we are or are not to do something does not mean it’s forever in perpetuity. For instance, Leviticus 19:19 says, “Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.” Do Christians still live by this? If this is the case, then it is a sin for a farmer to plant more that one thing in a field and for us to wear t-shirts!

Period. End of story.

Oh sheesh. They are copies, and according to manuscript theory, even in the non-Christian world, they are reliable representations of the originals. Get an education before you make statements like that.

You don't believe in Paul's writings at all. Or you would consider his correction of Peter's false teachings. Or you could read the interaction with Phillip and the Eunuch or Ethiopia. When you are ready to repent and return to God, go to your local AME minister.

You understand nothing about the gospel as it applies to foreigners, non believers, race, or ethnicity.

What? You're speaking nonsense. Shut your pie hole, or speak clearly.

Period. End of story.

Oh sheesh. They are copies, and according to manuscript theory, even in the non-Christian world, they are reliable representations of the originals. Get an education before you make statements like that.
An educated person wouldn't call them "original manuscripts". We have no idea if they reliably represent the originals as none of them are extant.
I hope you know Hebrew and Greek better than you do English.

Period. End of story.

An educated person wouldn't call them "original manuscripts". We have no idea if they reliably represent the originals as none of them are extant.

Yes, an eduicated person would. You don't know your arse from a hole in the ground.

Yes, an eduicated person would. You don't know your arse from a hole in the ground.

The righteous indignation doesn't hide your error.

The righteous indignation doesn't hide your error.

Its not righteous indignation. It is truth.

Go bother someone else with your bunk.

Forum List

Back