Kim Davis is the result of judicial activism

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I know it's the "politically correct" thing to throw this woman under the bus because she was a government official and refused to issue a same sex marriage license, in defiance of the glorious SCOTUS. Even some Republicans are saying... law of the land, we must move on... court has ruled, we must accept it...

I say bullshit!

Plessy v Ferguson

Dred Scott v Sandford

Korematsu v United States

NUMEROUS times in our history, the Supreme Court has gotten it totally WRONG!

There is nothing IN our Constitution which indicates we are a nation ruled by a Supreme Oligarchy of FIVE justices appointed for life.

The ruling Davis is in conflict with was the result of Anthony Kennedy's unfounded opinion which magically found a right to same sex marriage in the 14th Amendment. Pure judicial activism which was not the fault of Ms. Davis, she merely got caught up in this by virtue of exercising HER Constitutional rights to freedom of religion.

Again, NOTHING in our Constitution forbids people from practicing their religious beliefs if they work for government. She has every Constitutional right in the world to say, I can't put my name on this because it goes against my personal religious beliefs... I conscientiously object. That is precisely what Davis did.

Others have done this in the past as well, whenever the SCOTUS is wrong! Fredrick Douglass, Abe Lincoln, Dr. King... they did not sit down and shut up, accepting that the grande SCOTUS had ruled and it was law of the land now... nothing we can do! Move on! Rosa Parks and Harriet Tubman didn't accept that the great Court has ruled and there is nothing we can do about it! ...Just accept it and move along!

All throughout our history, brave men and women have challenged the wrong findings of the SCOTUS and ultimately prevailed. Davis was elected BEFORE the SCOTUS magically found a right to same sex marriage in the Constitution, she didn't create this problem, Anthony Kennedy did! Maybe he should be impeached and thrown in jail for violating HER rights?

Her rights were clearly violated. The Roman Catholic judge (described as devout) was clearly wrong. Will he repent? If he doesn't he will be in hell. There is no salvation in Catholicism. The majority of judges on the Supreme Court are all Catholic. This is also part of the problem. They ruled to legalize homosexual marriage because they are lost. All of them. They are followers of a false religion. This is what happens when you have such people seated in the highest offices of the land - Judges, Supreme Court, Politicians, House Speakers, etc. Very serious, the Christians in America had better wake up.

So if a Quaker works for the government, they can refuse to issue concealed carry permits?

If a Sikh works for the government, they can refuse to license a barber shop?

If a Jew works for the government, they can refuse to license a pig farm?

If a Mormon works for the government, can they refuse to license tobacco sales?

Heck, let's just go with the Christians ...

If a Christian works for the government, they can refuse to allow divorces?

Can a Christian refuse to issue birth certificates for babies born to single mothers?

Can a Christian refuse to license a business that will be open on Sunday?

The point? You're allowing a special religious exemption solely in this case, which shows your whole "I'm for freedom of religion!" claim is a dishonest crock.

Also, Ms. Davis has admitted that her "religious rights" are not the issue.

Ky. clerk's office will issue marriage licenses Friday — without the clerk
---
“And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God’s word," calling herself a vessel that the Lord has chosen for this time and place.
---

She's not oppressed. She just wants to preach, and she thinks that the taxpayers should be forced to sponsor her preaching.

I do not approve of foul language used to express one's outrage and passion on the subject but the fact remains that Kim Davis was unjustly accused and put in jail. The Roman Catholic judge who incarcerated her and charged her with contempt of court was clearly wrong. The laws in Kentucky clearly state that marriage is between a man and a woman. She enforced the laws. If the law had been same sex marriage she still would have been within her rights as a Christian to refuse to participate by issuing a license to them.

Last edited:
So if a Quaker works for the government, they can refuse to issue concealed carry permits?

Can a Christian refuse to issue birth certificates for babies born to single mothers?

The point? You're allowing a special religious exemption solely in this case, which shows your whole "I'm for freedom of religion!" claim is a dishonest crock.

---
“And if I left, resigned or chose to retire, I would have no voice for God’s word," calling herself a vessel that the Lord has chosen for this time and place.
---

She's not oppressed. She just wants to preach, and she thinks that the taxpayers should be forced to sponsor her preaching.

Should a Christian be forced to issue a marriage license to Sodomites because the Catholic Judge majority of the Supreme Court ruled to legalize Sodomite Marriages? No!

Next they will be putting Pastors behind bars for refusing to marry Sodomites to one another. That is where this is going. The Christians in America had better wake up!

11987017_1537527403001624_2902564441484927126_n.jpg

We already know the Catholic Church (and their judges) approves of homosexuals - their own Popes , Arch Bishops, Cardinals, Priests have been homosexuals throughout history from the beginning of their religion but it is a false religion and has no bearing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ which clearly forbids Sodomy and sexual perversion.

Religion is no fun if you don't have someone to diss....

This is not about disrespecting people but rather a false cult that is taking millions of souls to hell, MG. See this video and you'll learn why people deserve to know the truth about Roman Catholicism.

The primary cause of the great sex abuse scandal in the Roman Church is its decades long cover-up of the tremendous number of homosexual priests, bishops, archbishops, seminarians, & even a Pope. Some Roman Catholic authorities have estimated that as many as 50 percent of Roman Catholic priests & seminarians may be homosexuals. It is difficult to give an exact figure. The September 26, 2005 "Newsweek" reported that "The Rev. Donald Cozzen, in his book, "The Changing Face of the Priesthood" estimated that 23 to 58 percent of Catholic clerics have homosexual orientations." Other Roman Catholic books document the same such as RC priest Enrique T. Rueda's book "The Homosexual Network - Private Lives & Public Policy" (1982), Michael S. Rose's "Goodbye, Good Men - How Liberals Brought Corruption into the Catholic Church" (2002), Randy Engel's massive 1310 page "The Rite of Sodomy - Homosexuality and the Roman Catholic Church" (2006) & others. These books were written by Roman Catholics, not Protestants.
For anyone who wondered why the Supreme Court judges approved gay marriage - the majority of Supreme court Judges are Roman Catholic. For anyone who wondered why this judge had a Christian woman arrested for refusing to issue a marriage license to Sodomites - he was a devout Roman Catholic - these men are lost. Seriously lost. Pray for their souls.

Religion is no fun if you don't have someone to diss....

This is not about disrespecting people but rather a false cult that is taking millions of souls to hell, MG. See this video and you'll learn why people deserve to know the truth about Roman Catholicism.

The primary cause of the great sex abuse scandal in the Roman Church is its decades long cover-up of the tremendous number of homosexual priests, bishops, archbishops, seminarians, & even a Pope. Some Roman Catholic authorities have estimated that as many as 50 percent of Roman Catholic priests & seminarians may be homosexuals. It is difficult to give an exact figure. The September 26, 2005 "Newsweek" reported that "The Rev. Donald Cozzen, in his book, "The Changing Face of the Priesthood" estimated that 23 to 58 percent of Catholic clerics have homosexual orientations." Other Roman Catholic books document the same such as RC priest Enrique T. Rueda's book "The Homosexual Network - Private Lives & Public Policy" (1982), Michael S. Rose's "Goodbye, Good Men - How Liberals Brought Corruption into the Catholic Church" (2002), Randy Engel's massive 1310 page "The Rite of Sodomy - Homosexuality and the Roman Catholic Church" (2006) & others. These books were written by Roman Catholics, not Protestants.
For anyone who wondered why the Supreme Court judges approved gay marriage - the majority of Supreme court Judges are Roman Catholic. For anyone who wondered why this judge had a Christian woman arrested for refusing to issue a marriage license to Sodomites - he was a devout Roman Catholic - these men are lost. Seriously lost. Pray for their souls.

4 out of 6 of the Catholics on the court voted against gay marriage.

---
---

"God's moral law convicts me and conflicts with my duties."

...Yet as the other deputy clerks individually answered Bunning's questions under oath, several had reservations in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, partly based on religion and partly because of worries about their legal authority to sign forms without an elected official's consent.

Kim Davis' lawyers also called into question whether any licenses issued in her absence would be legal.

She was elected and took an oath to uphold a Constitution that did not permit same sex marriage. This was a lawless verdict reached by Anthony Kennedy to magically make same sex marriage a "right" under the 14th Amendment. The SCOTUS decision is in conflict with Ms. Davis' religious views, and quite frankly, the religious views of most Americans.

The Supreme Court had no business ruling on this case, the States were handling it at the State level.

---
---

"God's moral law convicts me and conflicts with my duties."

...Yet as the other deputy clerks individually answered Bunning's questions under oath, several had reservations in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, partly based on religion and partly because of worries about their legal authority to sign forms without an elected official's consent.

Kim Davis' lawyers also called into question whether any licenses issued in her absence would be legal.

She was elected and took an oath to uphold a Constitution that did not permit same sex marriage. This was a lawless verdict reached by Anthony Kennedy to magically make same sex marriage a "right" under the 14th Amendment. The SCOTUS decision is in conflict with Ms. Davis' religious views, and quite frankly, the religious views of most Americans.

The Supreme Court had no business ruling on this case, the States were handling it at the State level.
A lot of conservatives seem to want to disband the supreme court these days. Scary stuff.

We already know the Catholic Church (and their judges) approves of homosexuals - their own Popes , Arch Bishops, Cardinals, Priests have been homosexuals throughout history from the beginning of their religion but it is a false religion and has no bearing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ which clearly forbids Sodomy and sexual perversion.

Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).

Honest question...So each one here says different things. Maybe I havent read enough to take it all in context...is each issue a personal decision?
I could have easily issued a license and stayed a Christian. It was her job...I had issue when someone wanted those bakers to actually write a statement of support
...that type of thing I would fight against.

If shes willing to go through it all...more power to her. I just dont think I would have done that.

Forum List

Back