Kill The Right

Grandma

Geezer Chick
Dec 30, 2011
Under The Sky
-Side Column.

It's a waste of space.

I'm on another board that has the right-side column on the Index page, but they removed it completely from the thread pages.

It makes the thread ever so much easier to read when the posts aren't squished. And those stupid nested quotes don't get stretched out into a single line so quickly.

Please can this be fixed?

Agreed. Otherwise it looks really squished and narrow, especially during intense debate/discussion.

I think it's an attempt by the mods to get everyone pissed off at the far-right...........

*just kidding*

Well, that wouldn't be much of a challenge!
Nope. All you have to do is make up a bunch of shit up about them, pass around the usual stereotypes and 'Walla', an issue is born.

It's called "Availability Cascades". Look out for availability cascades - Oxymorons - Oxymoron s reviews

An availability cascade is a self-sustaining chain of events, which may start from media reports of a relatively minor event and lead up to public panic and large-scale government action. On some occasions, a media story about a risk catches the attention of a segment of the public, which becomes aroused and worried. This emotional reaction becomes a story in itself, prompting additional coverage in the media, which in turn produces greater concern and involvement. The cycle is sometimes sped along deliberately by "availability entrepreneurs", individuals or organizations who work to ensure a continuous flow of worrying news. The danger is increasingly exaggerated as the media compete for attention-grabbing headlines. Scientists and others who try to dampen the increasing fear and revulsion attract little attention, most of it hostile: anyone who claims that the danger is overstated is suspected of association with a "heinous cover-up". The issue becomes politically important because it is on everyone's mind, and the response of the political system is guided by the intensity of public sentiment.

-Side Column.

It's a waste of space.

I'm on another board that has the right-side column on the Index page, but they removed it completely from the thread pages.

It makes the thread ever so much easier to read when the posts aren't squished. And those stupid nested quotes don't get stretched out into a single line so quickly.

Please can this be fixed?

Pretty catchy thread title you got here, Grandma.

It sucked me right in. :badgrin:

Yep, caught me too.

:doubt:

/unsub

:razz:

Grandma,

The world is going portable, and nobody is viewing full screens anymore.
Other than page load speeds, you can crank up the zoom on your browser or just pulll the screen out
to a clean view of the forum text. With a zoomed browser, its anchored upper left and will cut
the right --- right out of the picture...

I just took a pic of what my monitor looks like.

This one is regular with the right side space:

10gy2yg.jpg

This one is enlarged to 175% using CTRL and Scrolling up with my mouse wheel:

ix72fk.jpg

Grandma,

Other than page load speeds, you can crank up the zoom on your browser or just pull the screen out
to a clean view of the forum text. With a zoomed browser, its anchored upper left and will cut

I wouldn't say nobody, but otherwise I know I spend more time on portable devices. It's pretty functional on all three levels now. I don't have to carry a tablet with me now and can access by smartphone and it's smooth as butter.

I just took a pic of what my monitor looks like.

This one is regular with the right side space:

10gy2yg.jpg

This one is enlarged to 175% using CTRL and Scrolling up with my mouse wheel:

ix72fk.jpg
You cen get rid of that reflected flash by using PRT SC (Print Screen) instead of a camera to make your picture. Just sayin'.....

Grandma,

Other than page load speeds, you can crank up the zoom on your browser or just pulll the screen out
Now say that in English.

Forum List

Back