Kiev is now surrounded....

Ok...an aside...

I've always heard and said Kiev (key-ehv)...now I see it spelled Kyiv pronounced (Key-v).
Whoever Controls Language Controls Thought

For decades, the Illiterate Liberal Language Lords have been changing names and spellings in order to cancel history by making it look old-fashioned and meaningless. Stick with Kiev and stick it to those neo-Stalinists.

This subtle form of censorship irritates and insults me so much that I'm tempted to use all the old tried-and-true names:

"Iran">Persia
"Iraq">Mesopotamia
"Mumbai">Bombay
"Sri Lanka"> Ceylon (the unphonetic ILLL clique at least ought to spell it "Shree Lonka")
"Beijing">Peking
"Taiwan">Formosa

I think I know Putin strategy. Instead of Blitzkrieg on Kiev he plans to exhaust the defenders with artillery and air strikes and probing attacks.

Ok...an aside...

I've always heard and said Kiev (key-ehv)...now I see it spelled Kyiv pronounced (Key-v).
The former was the Russian language derivative spelling and pronunciation promoted by the governing USSR; the latter is the Ukrainian language derivative spelling and pronunciation, which the independent Ukrainian people prefer.

I think I know Putin strategy. Instead of Blitzkrieg on Kiev he plans to exhaust the defenders with artillery and air strikes and probing attacks.
Shocking NYETO into Withdrawing From Eastern Europe

SECOND CHECHEN WAR (led by Putin)
Russian dead: 8,000
Chechen dead: 200,000

The only thing Putin has in common with Stalin is that neither one pulls his punches.

Forum List

Back