Kids' Dragon: Space-Terror

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This modernism ambition parody was inspired by the movie-adapted TV show Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (Peter Scolari).

Retiring,

eagle.jpg

====

Max Sterling and Jane Royal were galactic space explorers from the planet Xanadu. A mysterious alien species had landed on Earth's moon and observed humanity from afar before extracting some DNA material from corpses and using it to regenerate humanoids on Xanadu. Generations later, descendants of these 'proto-humans' borne by the aliens had developed their own unique civilization on Xanadu. Max and Jane were the king and queen of Xanadu and sent on a diplomatic mission to Earth after it was discovered that their species resembled that of the intelligent inhabitants on Earth!

th13.jpg

Jane wandered around Los Angeles (California) and found a nifty little art-studio in which a creative A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) robotics storyteller and artist named Jules was making intricate paintings of 'Insecticons' (fictional menacing robot-warriors who transformed into giant predatory mechanical insects), from the popular A.I. fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers (Hasbro), which included cartoons, comics, toys, and big-budget Hollywood (USA) films such as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Jane was hypnotized by Jules' Insecticon paintings, and Jules explained the paintings symbolized humanity's fascination with 'mechanized agriculture' (and the misuse of pesticides!).

insect1.jpg

Max was studying the sociocultural appeal of the American movie-adapted TV series Honey, I Shrunk the Kids starring the great Peter Scolari (of Bosom Buddies and Newhart fame!). Max interviewed Peter about the general human appeal of the TV show and why he chose to make it. Max realized Peter was very interested in general human psychology and American culture. Max also concluded that America was a land of great imagination.

MAX: I'm impressed with the production of your television program!
PETER: It's a family-values oriented television show.
MAX: The movie it's based on (starring Rick Moranis) is popular.
PETER: American youngsters appreciate stories about imagination.
MAX: It's really a story about the dangers of tampering with science/nature.
PETER: Precisely; you can call it a 'kid-version of Frankenstein.'
MAX: Is Frankenstein symbolic of American science-fiction?
PETER: Well, you told me you're from Sweden, and Americans like Swedish films...
MAX: Yes, but American films are the most popular!
PETER: True; I can attest that Frankenstein certainly reminds Americans of duty/labor.
MAX: America is a young nation, and I think your show captures its 'youthfulness.'
PETER: I agree; that's why I hope American kids like my show.
MAX: Certainly, it's drawn attention to the iconic movie the show references.
PETER: Yes, it has!
MAX: Well, congratulations; you're a 'faithful American' it seems to me!
PETER: Thanks. Have a safe journey back to Sweden, Max.

insect2.JPG

Max and Jane returned to Xanadu to present their findings to the Grand Council (GC). Max and Jane wanted to argue that America's sense of youthful imagination and ambitious civilization building reflected humanity's interest in using intelligence to create industry. Max and Jayne concluded that humanity was not so different from the people of Xanadu who also cared greatly about the application of intelligence. Jane decided to debate with the ominous cryptic dragon of Xanadu, the Ice-Dragon named Bartleby about her discoveries on Earth. Bartleby was a very strange creature, and no one knew where he came from, but he never harmed the people of Xanadu (even though he breathed a deathly breath-mist of paralyzing ice).

insect4.jpg

JANE: Humans are very interesting!
BARTLEBY: You appreciated Jules' insect-robot paintings...
JANE: How did you know?
BARTLEBY: I'm psychic, Jane.
JANE: Well, I appreciated America's sense of wonder.
BARTLEBY: Science-fiction is a 'phenomenon' on Earth.
JANE: We'll probably keep studying human evolution.
BARTLEBY: Have you ever wondered about Xanadu's evolution?
JANE: I suppose I have, but it's a complete mystery.
BARTLEBY: Well, I know its secrets...
JANE: Tell me!
BARTLEBY: Oh, alright; Xanadu was developed by aliens.
JANE: How?
BARTLEBY: These aliens used human DNA to generate your species!
JANE: What? So humans are our 'ancestors'?
BARTLEBY: Precisely; maybe that's why you liked their sci-fi art.
JANE: America is a land of capitalists ('TrumpUSA').
BARTLEBY: Yes, perhaps we can all learn from 'shared sciences.'

dollar1.jpg

Generations later, the grand-children of Jane and Max (Evan, Aliyah, and Tim) grew up to become very curious about both humans on Earth and the knowledge/wisdom of the cryptic Ice-Dragon Bartleby. Evan, Aliyah, and Tim formed a secret 'science-inquiry alliance' called Teen Titans, and they were devoted to understanding how science and industry blended thanks to the concerns of commerce and capital. The Teen Titans offered a proposal to the Grand Council (GC) of Xanadu, recommending that another 'delegation' be sent to Earth to investigate the 'capitalism-legacy' of TrumpUSA. Would this proposal be considered a heresy? Only time would tell...

====

:dance:

d2.jpg

Forum List

Back