Kid catches a temporary buzz, and mom wants $75K!

archangel said:
however I am assuming your "gr.13" was a university requierement on humanities like as a Freshman course...!

Possibly, but I doubt it's as intensive and/or made up of the brainwashing you're claiming it is, being high school and all.

When they lose a point they always accuse one of being drunk or cuckoo...
I suppose I will have to put clay back on ignore...wish I could dmp...but he is protected by mod and admin status..ya can't put a mod on ignore...however ya can ignore posting further comments addressing a mods comments! :cof:

archangel said:
When they lose a point they always accuse one of being drunk or cuckoo...
I suppose I will have to put clay back on ignore...wish I could dmp...but he is protected by mod and admin status..ya can't put a mod on ignore...however ya can ignore posting further comments addressing a mods comments! :cof:
But I didn't lose, you old coot! Putting me on ignore just solidifies you don't have the ammunition required to continue the battle. THROW UP THE WHITE FLAG!

I might not know, since I wasn't in the armed forces, but can you put the enemy on ignore at your leisure? That would be convenient...

The ClayTaurus said:
But I didn't lose, you old coot! Putting me on ignore just solidifies you don't have the ammunition required to continue the battle. THROW UP THE WHITE FLAG!

I might not know, since I wasn't in the armed forces, but can you put the enemy on ignore at your leisure? That would be convenient...

In german, you'd be Ein Instigator. :)

The ClayTaurus said:

yes...after he is destroyed...ya move on to the next objective.... :firing:

The ClayTaurus said:
What case? You have no case. Less than 15% of college was subjective. That's assuming I took all subjective classes, which I didn't. The 5% figure is, in all reality, quite accurate.

My husband graduated with a B.S. in Engineering, and tells pretty much the same story. He had almost all technical courses. Which is why I generally whup him in Jeopardy. :banana:

The ClayTaurus said:
How much should the mom pay for not being able to tell the difference between a long island and an apple juice?

She's not the one serving the drinks. Don't people have a right to expect that the restaurant they are in will respect the alcohol laws and not serve their children booze? What if the mother doesn't drink at all? Does she need to familiarize herself with all the drinks in the book because it is her responsibility to determine whether or not her child's drink is alcoholic and not the responsibility of the person making the drink?

Are you seriously suggesting, that everytime a familiy goes to a restaurant, it is the parents job to taste or smell all their children's drinks to check for alcohol?

SpidermanTuba said:
She's not the one serving the drinks. Don't people have a right to expect that the restaurant they are in will respect the alcohol laws and not serve their children booze? What if the mother doesn't drink at all? Does she need to familiarize herself with all the drinks in the book because it is her responsibility to determine whether or not her child's drink is alcoholic and not the responsibility of the person making the drink?

Are you seriously suggesting, that everytime a familiy goes to a restaurant, it is the parents job to taste or smell all their children's drinks to check for alcohol?
No, I'm expecting a parent know what apple juice looks like. I'm suggesting the parent take a little responsibility. You don't need to have ever had a drink to realize that a long island does not look like an apple juice.

This parent should be embarassed, not suing people.

The ClayTaurus said:
No, I'm expecting a parent know what apple juice looks like. I'm suggesting the parent take a little responsibility. You don't need to have ever had a drink to realize that a long island does not look like an apple juice.

This parent should be embarassed, not suing people.

Embarassed by what? It was the restaurant that served a FIVE YEAR OLD CHILD a long island ice tea. Are you suggesting that a mother should know more about alcoholic beverages than a damn waitress? Where is that in the parenting books "Chapter 5 - How to make sure restaurants don't serve your children alcohol drinks"

I think that a family walking into a familiy restaurant has a reasonable expectation that their pre-school aged children will not be served alcoholic beverages. You apparently do not think it is reasonable to expect that. I'll make sure never to take my kids to any restaurant you might happen operate.

SpidermanTuba said:
Embarassed by what? It was the restaurant that served a FIVE YEAR OLD CHILD a long island ice tea. Are you suggesting that a mother should know more about alcoholic beverages than a damn waitress? Where is that in the parenting books "Chapter 5 - How to make sure restaurants don't serve your children alcohol drinks"

I think that a family walking into a familiy restaurant has a reasonable expectation that their pre-school aged children will not be served alcoholic beverages. You apparently do not think it is reasonable to expect that. I'll make sure never to take my kids to any restaurant you might happen operate.

Unless the LI Tea were served in a Winnie-The-Pooh cup, yeah - she should have watched more closely.

dmp said:
Unless the LI Tea were served in a Winnie-The-Pooh cup, yeah - she should have watched more closely.

You people are ridiculous.

Blame the victim. The Republican way.

How many parents here have done a taste test of every drink their child has ever received in a restaurant? Only taste can tell for sure, you know. A coca cola might have a shot of Jim Beam in hit, you'd have to taste to be sure. And you're a bad parent if you don't. You need to be on the lookout - because the restaurant has no responsibility whatsoever to ensure they don't break state alcohol laws by serving your preschooler alcohol.

Forum List

Back