Keystone is over

no one said anything extreme like that.
strawman.

Yeah that's right. Run away from your claim that a Repub pres would drill more now that idea has been shown as ridiculous.

This post is monumentally mega stupid.

Go back and read the thread.
What's the break even price for developing new wells?
You're a dummy with always lots to say with rarely any substance.
The oil companies don't "develop wells".
They drill them.
They drill wells intended for oil production. Gas production. And for water injection sites.
Well drilling is going on all over N. America right now. Not for oil/gas production per se.
Many many wells are simply drilled and capped for later use.

Dannyboy, the oil companies have things called a development stage and during that stage the wells are actually called development well. The development stage is the most expensive stage of getting to the oil and getting it up to the surface.

investopedia.com/terms/d/development-well.asp

oilandgasmps.org/resources/development.php
All wells are first drilled wells. Why they are drilled, where they are drilled is another issue completely.
There are many other reasons to drill wells than for "development". Some reasons are frankly above your ability to understand.
YOU referred to 'wells' as "development wells". I called you on not really knowing what you were talking about.
BTW I worked for years in the oil and gas industry from roughneck in my teens up to a water-flood engineer in the KSA working in data processing.

So rejoice in the fact that the Keystone has been pumping black gold to the Gulf since January 2014 and all your shit is a lie.

:lol:
No lies silly girl. Some of our tar sands are still available, but the best parts are protected in National Monuments, Parks and Forest. The latest fight over your pipeline dream was about protecting the Ogallala Aquifer. The is the battle that was won.

Here is some data on what you accused me of lying about.

scientificamerican.com/article/tar-sands-mining-moves-to-utah/

Oh and get back to me when you remove all these pipelines.

:lol:

Don't hand me bullshit and don't tell me no lies baby!

ogallala-aquifer-pipeline-map.jpg
You should learn how to read a map before you post one. The one space on your map that is clean of pipelines is going to keep clean.
See the big purple section where the word Nebraska is written. Notice the big section around it that isn't cluttered with pipeline and instead is empty of pipelines? That is the area of the Ogallala Aquifer that the anti-pipeline folks have been trying to keep the pipeline out of. Nice map, but don't expect the big hollow spot to get filled in with lines anytime soon.

Right, instead fill it with Warren Buffet's trains and trucks full of crude. Are you fricken libs so dumb that you don't really know what this is about?
It was about a lot of things. Different parties had different concerns and agenda's. You don't get to put your agenda about how the oil is transported at the top of the list just because it is the most important concern to you. Several factions rose to the top of the list because they had the organizations of concerned citizens and fought themselves to the top of the list. One group was the people concerned about the misuse of eminent domain. Another group was the people concerned about the safe-keeping of the Ogallala Aquifer that had not yet been subjected to the dangers of pipelines. Yet more groups were the people concerned with the breaking of the spirit of treaties with native American Tribes in the region. Those groups won. It really doesn't matter what agenda's the pro-pipeline factions and groups represented. In the end, your concern about how the oil was transported was placed at the bottom of the list for influencing the final decision.
Wait until a massive train derailment causes hundreds of railcars to explode and send tens of thousands of gallons of oil all over the precious pristine wilderness.
Can't wait see how you will spin it.

Seriously? Who is going to invest millions into new drilling operations to not make any money off of it?

Nobody.

no one said anything extreme like that.
strawman.

Yeah that's right. Run away from your claim that a Repub pres would drill more now that idea has been shown as ridiculous.

They drill them.
They drill wells intended for oil production. Gas production. And for water injection sites.
Well drilling is going on all over N. America right now. Not for oil/gas production per se.

^Said nothing.

They drill them.

Dannyboy, the oil companies have things called a development stage and during that stage the wells are actually called development well. The development stage is the most expensive stage of getting to the oil and getting it up to the surface.

investopedia.com/terms/d/development-well.asp

oilandgasmps.org/resources/development.php
All wells are first drilled wells. Why they are drilled, where they are drilled is another issue completely.
There are many other reasons to drill wells than for "development". Some reasons are frankly above your ability to understand.
YOU referred to 'wells' as "development wells". I called you on not really knowing what you were talking about.
BTW I worked for years in the oil and gas industry from roughneck in my teens up to a water-flood engineer in the KSA working in data processing.
You made a blanket statement that oil companies don't develop wells, they drill them. You did that while rudely and crudely insulting a poster for suggesting that those oil companies developed wells and the term development well is an accurate discription. I provided two objective technical links to show you were wrong and the poster you criticized was right. You are not more knowledgeable about the topic than the links provided, no matter what experience you may claim to have.

Oh brother . Like the neocons hear give a shit about the environment.

Brillant political stroke by Obama.

He stays true to his troops, and it allows HRC to say "he's wrong, I am for it," which gives her great cover.
Try to keep up. Jake...

Hillary's Keystone pivot draws greens' cheers
You are so far behind it is embarrassing. Focus.
Let me know when you find a link to support your theory.
Focus. She get plausible deniability, Obama's "no" can't be put to her, and she keeps her Dem votes and pull centrists who do want the pipeline anyway.

With a majority of American's wanting Keystone, Dims better hope that gas prices aren't back up over $3.00 a gallon as we enter Fall next year.

"majority of Americans"?
Such is the power of the rightwing media.

According to polls in 2003, during the run-up to the American violation of Iraq sovereignty, support for the Iraq invasion was very close to identical to the support for KXL now - 52% to 56% range (depending on which poll). And-----and the political split was similar also, "More than nine out of ten Republicans supported the decision to go to war, as against only half of Democrats".

My point isn't to rehash the Iraq war but rather to point out how easily duped Republicans are by the rightwing echo Chamber's propaganda machine fueled by carbon based energy industry Super-PACs. My question for rightwingers/Republicans is; given your history of being so overwhelmingly wrong-so often, why would anyone choose to follow you back to 20th century energy decisions instead of choosing to march forward to a future of 21st century alternative energy(s)? luddites?

As gezzhoo pointed out, this country has over 2 million miles of pipelines to move carbon based/global climate change fuels - that's over 2 million miles of pipeline that is becoming increasingly obsolete for our energy needs.

According to a recent poll, self described Democrats are divided about the KXL Pipeline - about 49% of Democrats are in favor of building the pipeline.

Poll: Majority of Americans back Keystone pipeline

The 1,179-mile Canada-to-Texas pipeline is backed by 57% of the 1,011 Americans surveyed on Dec. 18-21. Just 28% oppose it, while 15% say they are unsure.

Poll: Majority of Americans back Keystone pipeline - CNNPolitics.com
so the majority back the keystone pipeline from Canada to Texas.

HOW ABOUT
the KEYSTONE XL
additional leg of the pipeline?

The keystone pipeline ALREADY goes from Alberta to Texas when you look at the map of it, so the Keystone pipeline between the two is COMPLETE, entering the USA border through eastern North Dakota.

What is being debated is the Keystone XL leg, a SECOND crossing of the USA border in to Nebraska, with an additional second pipeline, crossing smack over a critical aquifer in the state that hooks up to the EXISTING Keystone pipeline a state or two over and downward.

MOST PEOPLE don't know the difference, it seems....

Obama offered the unions hundreds of thousands of more infrastructure jobs that were blocked by Republicans

Republicans only cared about five thousand temporary Keystone jobs

If Republicans were willing to approve the other infrastructure project, I'm sure they could have gotten Keystone too

Bullshit. give us a list. you might also remember the difference between government funded infrastructure and privately funded infrastructure jobs. One requires the expenditure of tax revenue, the other does not and we are already 18 trillion in debt and borrowing 40% of what the govt is spending.

The private sector does not fund infrastructure ....but they sure as hell benefit from it

Really? and tax revenue comes from who? Everything the govt does is funded by the private sector. WTF is wrong with you?
Tax revenue comes from We the People and it needs to be used to benefit We the people.

What the federal government is authorized to do with our tax money is clearly defined in the constitution.

Its primary function is to keep us save from enemies foreign and domestic.

A welfare state was not envisioned or desired by the founders.

And, federal tax revenue does not come from ALL of we the people. Half of americans are paying nothing towards funding the federal govt.
And that, Redfish, is why libertarianism fails from the start.

You need to focus on people, not money.

With a majority of American's wanting Keystone, Dims better hope that gas prices aren't back up over $3.00 a gallon as we enter Fall next year.

"majority of Americans"?

According to polls in 2003, during the run-up to the American violation of Iraq sovereignty, support for the Iraq invasion was very close to identical to the support for KXL now - 52% to 56% range (depending on which poll). And-----and the political split was similar also, "More than nine out of ten Republicans supported the decision to go to war, as against only half of Democrats".

My point isn't to rehash the Iraq war but rather to point out how easily duped Republicans are by the rightwing echo Chamber's propaganda machine fueled by carbon based energy industry Super-PACs. My question for rightwingers/Republicans is; given your history of being so overwhelmingly wrong-so often, why would anyone choose to follow you back to 20th century energy decisions instead of choosing to march forward to a future of 21st century alternative energy(s)? luddites?

As gezzhoo pointed out, this country has over 2 million miles of pipelines to move carbon based/global climate change fuels - that's over 2 million miles of pipeline that is becoming increasingly obsolete for our energy needs.

According to a recent poll, self described Democrats are divided about the KXL Pipeline - about 49% of Democrats are in favor of building the pipeline.

The 1,179-mile Canada-to-Texas pipeline is backed by 57% of the 1,011 Americans surveyed on Dec. 18-21. Just 28% oppose it, while 15% say they are unsure.

HOW ABOUT
the KEYSTONE XL

The keystone pipeline ALREADY goes from Alberta to Texas when you look at the map of it, so the Keystone pipeline between the two is COMPLETE, entering the USA border through eastern North Dakota.

What is being debated is the Keystone XL leg, a SECOND crossing of the USA border in to Nebraska, with an additional second pipeline, crossing smack over a critical aquifer in the state that hooks up to the EXISTING Keystone pipeline a state or two over and downward.

"majority of Americans"?

HOW ABOUT
the KEYSTONE XL

Washington (CNN)A majority of Americans favor the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline -- a result that could give Republicans a boost as they move toward a showdown with President Barack Obama over the project -- a CNN/ORC poll has found.

Obama is offering Republicans some nice Solar Energy projects to replace Keystone

I wonder if they will jump at the offer

Last edited:
Sigh one more time the XL is just an extension. The Keystone is finished from Alberta to the gulf. Crude from Canada and domestic production has been flowing to Nederland since January 2014.

This has just been a giant dog and pony show by Obama. It's bullshit. Meanwhile Warren Buffet's BNSF railway has been carrying millions of gallons of crude and making out like a bandit.

It was a Repub dog & pony show tinyd. THEY are the ones who were making a political football out of it.

Tell that to Heidi Heitkamp my fave blue dog D Senator.

:) I really do love her by the way. She is awesome. I listen to 1100 the Flag every day and she is just the best rep for ND. I'm a big fan of hers and her husband Joel who has served the state so well.

Now the dog and pony show.

Why did Obama's administration allow the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights to be built instead of XL?

Environmental concerns? Now millions upon millions of barrels of Canuck crude are being shipped via rail (did you hear about the latest disasters of oil and ethanol spills?)

BUT and this is horrifying to me as a devout water conservationist.......

Transferred to barges. Called the Athabasca on the Mississippi. One barge leaking. One barge sinking. Holy toledo the environmental damage would be breathtaking.

Obama is offering Republicans some nice Solar Energy projects to replace Keystone

Probably not, they worship Big Oil.

The Keystone is complete. The oil is coming via pipeline, rail, transport trucks and barges. Total hit a new high in August with 3.4 million barrels of oil a day from Canada alone.

It's not a matter of worship. It's a matter of keeping America awash in the oil she needs on a day to day basis to function.

Republicans switch to Solar?

Remember Senator Hooker/Diaper (R-LA)?
Senator Hooker/Diaper (AKA Vitter) is now running to replace Governor Bobby (the exorcist) Jindal in LA (can LA get stupider?).

LA taxpayers have footed the bill for $2.4 Billion in corporate welfare to the oil and gas industry since 2008 and a piddling $147 million in solar tax credits since 2009. So, of course-----of-fucking-course candidate for Governor of LA/Senator Diaper wants to end tax credits for solar.

Republicans switch to solar? -pewsh!-

Is it a coincidence David Vitter wants to make solar more expensive after getting $1 million from big oil?

Forum List

Back