Kerry: Terrorist Shiite Al-Sadr 'a Legitimate Voice'

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
In an interview broadcast Wednesday morning, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry defended terrorist Shiite imam Muqtada al-Sadr as a "legitimate voice" in Iraq, despite that fact that he's led an uprising that has killed nearly 20 American GIs in the last two days.

Speaking of al-Sadr's newspaper, which was shut down by coalition forces last week after it urged violence against U.S. troops, Kerry complained to National Public Radio, "They shut a newspaper that belongs to a legitimate voice in Iraq."

In the next breath, however, the White House hopeful caught himself and quickly changed direction. "Well, let me ... change the term 'legitimate.' It belongs to a voice — because he has clearly taken on a far more radical tone in recent days and aligned himself with both Hamas and Hezbollah, which is a sort of terrorist alignment."

But Kerry again seemed to voice sympathy for the Shiite terrorist when asked whether he supported al-Sadr's arrest. "Not if it’s an isolated act without the other kinds of steps necessary to change the dynamics on the ground in Iraq," Kerry told NPR, in quotes first reported by the New York Sun.

Read the rest here:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/7/104340.shtml

John "The Undertaker" Kerry talkin out of his ass again. If anything, I hope he doesn't get elected just so I don't have to listen to his crap for 4 years.....

What does he think, Sadr & Co are potential votes for him?

Putz

You know,Kerry is such an assmunch,he would defend OBL if he thought it would get him elected. Let him keep going,he makes a bigger jerk of himself everyday. He has allready made a wonderful reputation for himself as a traitor and this proves it even more. He is spinning again. Just read the statement-he goes back and forth-what is this guy smokin?

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
John "The Undertaker" Kerry talkin out of his ass again. If anything, I hope he doesn't get elected just so I don't have to listen to his crap for 4 years.....

What does he think, Sadr & Co are potential votes for him?

Putz

That's my boys favorite wrestler:clap: . Please dn't insult him this way.:teeth: :teeth:

Originally posted by jimnyc
aligned himself with both Hamas and Hezbollah, which is a sort of terrorist alignment

Sort of a terrorist alignment?

It continually amazes me that he has even the slimest probability of becoming the most powerful man in the world.

If the November elections are not a landslide against this awful person, I fear I may lose all of what little faith I have left in democracy.

Speaking of al-Sadr's newspaper, which was shut down by coalition forces last week after it urged violence against U.S. troops, Kerry complained to National Public Radio, "They shut a newspaper that belongs to a legitimate voice in Iraq."

A very good question comes to my mind almost everyday, WHY THE HELL WASN'T EDWARDS NOMINATED?!!!!!

I can understand if Kerry says we should listen to this guy to see why relatively small segment of the Iraqis wants to kill Americans, but to call it "legitimate" is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back