Kerry and the Veterans

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I can recall just a short time ago there were a few on this very board the ranted and raved about Kerry's vietnam record and that it would be the nail in Bush's coffin. I said it would hurt him more than it helped. (actually heard the same crap about Clark too). Not only will his flip flopping kill him, but his vietnam record is going to haunt him until the end. These stories are becoming more and more prominent.

US Vets, Vietnamese Demonstrate Against Kerry

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Around 200 U.S. Army veterans and Vietnamese people demonstrated outside Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry (news - web sites)'s New York headquarters on Saturday to protest his opposition decades ago to the Vietnam War.

Waving American and South Vietnamese flags and singing the U.S. national anthem, they held up signs saying "Hanoi John," and "Kerry Betrayed Vietnam Vets."

"We won't sit by and let the American people think that we are going to stand by somebody who stabbed us in the back," said Jerry Kiley, a veteran and one of the protest organizers.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040228/pl_nm/campaign_veterans_kerry_dc

so 200 people who got suckered in by a doctored picture of fonda and kerry are out making fools of themselves. I, personally, don't think much of kerry's vietnam record either but at least I made myself aware that there isn't that much substance to the 'hanoi john and jane' scenario.

If military service is a factor in the election it will come down to Bush's gaurd duty, if theres anything to be dug up with it.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
so 200 people who got suckered in by a doctored picture of fonda and kerry are out making fools of themselves. I, personally, don't think much of kerry's vietnam record either but at least I made myself aware that there isn't that much substance to the 'hanoi john and jane' scenario.

If military service is a factor in the election it will come down to Bush's gaurd duty, if theres anything to be dug up with it.

I find at least 5 articles every day (yes, on reputable major media sites) that are discussing the Kerry vietnam protests. It's a big deal whether you think it is or not, and it's only going to get worse for him. Veterans are coming out of the woodwork to speak out against Kerry. Just wait until Bush's campaign kicks in!

The difference in the issue with him and the issue with Bush is "proof". Bush is being hounded by something the Dems can't prove. Kerry's antics are factual and proveable.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

Oh please, it wasn't just a photo. It was a clear and convincing diatribe against the military. Yes, he served. Yes, he won medals. No one is claiming he didn't.

But what did he do after? He told lies to congress to make it seem like the military people in that country with him, even those who saved his sorry ass, were evil, masochistic people. He fed the war protestors lies about what the military did and didn't do.

You think that's just about a photo? You need to do more research into his testimony before congress to refresh your memory.

Originally posted by Moi
Oh please, it wasn't just a photo. It was a clear and convincing diatribe against the military. Yes, he served. Yes, he won medals. No one is claiming he didn't.

But what did he do after? He told lies to congress to make it seem like the military people in that country with him, even those who saved his sorry ass, were evil, masochistic people. He fed the war protestors lies about what the military did and didn't do.

You think that's just about a photo? You need to do more research into his testimony before congress to refresh your memory.

Very good, that's what I meant to say. :D

Kerry lied! :laugh:

I think its more the statements he has made about Vietnam more than simply being seen with Fonda. Vietnam should even be an issue. But Kerry continues to make it one because he is trying to get attention focused from the bad stances he has made since.

I already know that opponents are whining that it was only 200. This is bigger than some of the Antiwar Protests. But if they think this is the only showing of Republican strength they are wrong.

Sean Hannity was in King of Prussia last week for his book signing. He is going around stiring people up to rally for the President. There were well over 1000 at the bookstore, from what I could see, and there were lines waiting to get in when i left, and that was still pretty early. And from what I hear this was a very small rally for the President compared to the other cities Sean has visited.

Glenn Beck did his rallys for America last year to support the troops. He went across country and i think he has even more people then Sean did. When he was in valley forge last year, it was so crowded that people couldnt get in.

Yet these events have generally been below the radar screen of the media.

At any rate, isn't it JK who smothered the United States voters who his raves about his heroism? He talked and boasted so much of course someone will dig deeper into his past and of course find something.

JK was one of the Clinton supporters who stated we needed to put Vietnam behind us when Clinton was questioned about his draft dogding - and protests.

All of sudden Vietnam is a frontrunner in his challenge against Bush. He made crude statements against Bush and his military record.

Does anyone not think that someone will investigate to find out
more of JKs own military record?

Also, perhaps some readers should read other posts of Vietnam Vets and their questions posted to JK. Take a moment and read through the other posts.

Having said that, I am still looking for someone who is a JK fan?

think its more the statements he has made about Vietnam more than simply being seen with Fonda. Vietnam should even be an issue. But Kerry continues to make it one because he is trying to get attention focused from the bad stances he has made since.
Exactly. He is the one making it an issue. It makes me sick how he is now talking about his service this way. He was anything but proud right after he came home and paraded around in tattered and defaced fatigues during protests. And, of course, the afformentioned lies about veterans, which is a total slap in the face. If there are people on here who agree with what Kerry said and how he was being patriotic by speaking his mind, why don't you find some Vietnam veterans and tell them to their faces that they were a bunch of war criminals.

Forum List

Back