Kerry A Privileged White Man

Discussion in 'Politics' started by William Joyce, Mar 9, 2004.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
  2. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    wonder what Al had to say about this????yeap, he reached out and touched someone...Howard Deans speech writer...this guy has no clue what the aveage joe goes through in a day..

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Maybe they don't like being referred to as people. Maybe they prefer being called "muds".

4. William Joyce

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Nah. If you said, "Your Royal Dark Highness On Most High, Eminence Of Africa, King of all you survey, Lord of the universe, master of all, here's all the cash in my wallet, here's my wife and kids, here's my house, please live in it, and please let me kneel on the carpet and be your honky footrest, if I am worthy,"

They'd say, "Who you callin' dark? You a racisss!"

5. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    at least he's running against another privaleged white man

6. nbdysfu

nbdysfu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    ha haa/nelson

context is good :)

Even better is what else he said at the service:

Kerry Warns Supporters to Brace for Fight
    Sun Mar 7, 3:18 PM ET

By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer

JACKSON, Miss. - Taking his campaign to the heart of the deep South, John Kerry (news - web sites) said Sunday he faces the same "politics of last resort" that confronted marchers seeking equality in the civil rights movement.

"We're going to be tested, because they've got a lot of money and a lot of power," the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee said at a predominantly black church with veterans of the movement.

Kerry told supporters to brace for a wave of criticism from President Bush (news - web sites)'s well-funded re-election campaign, much as civil rights marchers fought against entrenched opposition.

He spoke on the 39th anniversary of the "Bloody Sunday" clash in Selma, Ala., when state troopers used tear gas and billy clubs against activists marching over the Edmund Pettus Bridge. Scenes from that episode galvanized the civil rights movement and within five months the Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed.

"If they could do that, if they could stand on that bridge, surely we can cross the rest of the bridges in this country that we need to," said Kerry, as he tried to compare the struggles and rally black voters, an important Democratic constituency. Standing beside him was Georgia Rep. John Lewis, who was beaten in the 'Bloody Sunday' march.

"It won't be easy," Kerry said. "You've lived with the attacks, the distortions and the hollowness of a politics of last resort that divides black from white, rich from poor, Massachusetts from Mississippi."

"Some people want us pointing fingers at each other, so no one points the finger at them," Kerry said. "We can do better than that in this campaign."

Kerry sprinkled his remarks with scriptural references calling for matching faith with deeds.

"We need to remember those words as we march forward against a sorry politics where too often words suffice, where deeds aren't demanded," said Kerry, ridiculing promises Bush made during the last election.

"Remember a uniter, not a divider? Compassionate conservative?" said Kerry.

ap article

The basic message I get is that he is saying the democrats should be pointing fingers at a specific THEM, which would be a rather divisive political technique, would it not? Besides attaching his ugly visage to the civil rights movement?

7. shergald

shergald Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    On another thread, I asserted that the Repbulican party did not come into its own until it took up the legacy of Jim Crow. Reading the chitchat on this thread explains why I got so few responses, and those merely wanted to assert that not all Republicans are racist. Probably not. But a majority apparently are and many of those, I see, regularly post messages on this board. Shame, shame. Only in America.

8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    That's right. Only in America are most rascists content to merely make offensive remarks. In most other countries rascists are much more ambitious.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Are you totally ignorant of history? The GOP, not yet a decade old, elected its first President in 1860, and all through the rest of the nineteenth century, it was the only party in which blacks were welcome. Jim Crow laws were the legacy of 19th century Southern Democrats.

10. William Joyce

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    This is accurate as a historical matter.

But it is blatantly misleading as a current matter. And you don't need to take this white nationalist's word on it. Just ask any pollster. The GOP has never gotten more than TEN PERCENT of the black vote in recent decades, and George I actually did better than George II.

The Republican party is the party of white people, period. Now, if only it would actually represent them.

On that much, I would agree: Democrats take blacks for granted, and Republicans take whites for granted.