Kentucky clerk refusing gay marriage has wed four times

It is the acceptance of sinful things overall since the 1960's and for the 1st time in our history we have jailed a person for her religious beliefs rather than trying to work out a compromise like other States have done.
That is hatred all the way around on both sides.

First, that woman was charged with contempt of court, not for her religious belief! You are distorting the facts. To a real person of Faith, that is gross error in His eyes.

Second, the woman had worked in that office for many years when her own mother had been the elected Clerk, and knew the responsibilities of the Clerk very well. Then she was ELECTED and took the OATH as the Clerk. Do Christians taking OATHS and swearing to God that they will carry out their duties faithfully have a RIGHT to break that OATH because of anything they might have an objection to may arise?

In that case, there are only two PROPER alternatives for a person of Faith to do. One is to either do it or resign. She did neither and she was dead wrong and so are you!

If I were a jaded character, I'd say she was looking to cash in for a book deal, movies rights or something of that nature. But of course I'm not like her!

Her religious beliefs are what led to her being jailed and they changed the rules in the middle of the game. SSM wasn't "legal" when she was elected, in fact it was banned in KY

You are making a chicken and egg argument that is irrelevant! It makes no sense to argue an alleged faithful Christian who takes an OATH before her God to FAITHFULLY execute her duties and then OPENLY AND WILLFULLY FORSAKES THAT OATH on the same grounds of ALLEGED Christian beliefs. That is the highest of hypocrisies!

But the duties has been changed since she took the oath.

And that had what impact on her two options to either comply with the responsibilities and requirements of her ELECTED POSITION or resign? She took the OATH OF OFFICE to faithfully execute her responsibilities. Laws change all the time so what does that have to do with her job description or her OATH?

Kim Davis knows if you have been married before when you apply for a marriage license:
Previous Marriages:
Rowan County will require documentation to prove a previous marriage has been dissolved either through death or divorce.

https://www.ecclix.com/pdf/marriagedivorce.pdf

"[A]nyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of unchastity, causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Kim Davis helps people commit adultery, and gets paid for it.

Last edited:
It is the acceptance of sinful things overall since the 1960's and for the 1st time in our history we have jailed a person for her religious beliefs rather than trying to work out a compromise like other States have done.

First, that woman was charged with contempt of court, not for her religious belief! You are distorting the facts. To a real person of Faith, that is gross error in His eyes.

Second, the woman had worked in that office for many years when her own mother had been the elected Clerk, and knew the responsibilities of the Clerk very well. Then she was ELECTED and took the OATH as the Clerk. Do Christians taking OATHS and swearing to God that they will carry out their duties faithfully have a RIGHT to break that OATH because of anything they might have an objection to may arise?

In that case, there are only two PROPER alternatives for a person of Faith to do. One is to either do it or resign. She did neither and she was dead wrong and so are you!

If I were a jaded character, I'd say she was looking to cash in for a book deal, movies rights or something of that nature. But of course I'm not like her!

She was charged with contempt of court because she refused to give marriage licenses to same sex couples which is her religious believe.
It should have been handled like it has been done in other States, where someone else could give them out not her being jailed.

Yup, that was an option, but she had ordered her staff NOT TO ISSUE licenses to same sex couples wishing to be married. She forced the issue and now she is paying the piper!

Yep
Just like any other protester who has stood up for their Constitutional rights.
He who holds the gold makes the rules. She broke the rules, and now sits in jail. Just another criminal as far as most are concerned...

Kentucky ranks near top of states with highest divorce rates

Maine, Alaska, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Nevada, ranked at the top
for divorces, while Utah, Wyoming and Arkansas - which had the
highest marriage rates - were also higher than average in marital
breakups. New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York
ranked among the lowest in divorces.

How funny is that. The states with the lowest divorce rate are all deep blue states. The states with the highest divorce rates are all red states.

God bless Kim Davis! Working hard to make adultery the norm in Kentucky.

"Baby Jesus needs a new pair of sandals. PayPal me some money, brother!"

Her religious beliefs are what led to her being jailed and they changed the rules in the middle of the game. SSM wasn't "legal" when she was elected, in fact it was banned in KY

You are making a chicken and egg argument that is irrelevant! It makes no sense to argue an alleged faithful Christian who takes an OATH before her God to FAITHFULLY execute her duties and then OPENLY AND WILLFULLY FORSAKES THAT OATH on the same grounds of ALLEGED Christian beliefs. That is the highest of hypocrisies!

God's law trumps human law. Your argument has failed

You pay your taxes to Caesar do you not, and you give to Him what is His. You are deluding yourself and deflecting because your arguments have been faulty!

The Bible clearly states we are to follow human law UNLESS it is in contradiction to God's law. The Bible makes it clear homosexuality is a sin and abomination. You lose, toad
The Bible was written by and edited by men. Men make mistakes. Times change. Jesus brought about changes... and even said there would be more.

Last edited:

You pay your taxes to Caesar do you not, and you give to Him what is His. You are deluding yourself and deflecting because your arguments have been faulty!

The Bible clearly states we are to follow human law UNLESS it is in contradiction to God's law. The Bible makes it clear homosexuality is a sin and abomination. You lose, toad
The Bible was written by and edited by men. Men make mistakes. Times change. No one is hurt by monogamous same sex marriages. Folks like you need to put your hate away.

LOL I don't take direction from you. Understand this, you're not important to me.

But the duties has been changed since she took the oath.

And that had what impact on her two options to either comply with the responsibilities and requirements of her ELECTED POSITION or resign? She took the OATH OF OFFICE to faithfully execute her responsibilities. Laws change all the time so what does that have to do with her job description or her OATH?

I don't know.
I am still wondering why the Governor refused to order the legislature back in an emergency session to have her impeached.

I see no contradiction there at all between what I and you just wrote and to which I'm responding. Here is the point you refuse to acknowledge.

IF she had been following those words after she had taken that OATH, she would have resigned. She would have been keeping her faith all the way around. Doing what she did compromised her alleged faith in the eyes of a lot of folks. She was a hypocrite and is paying the price for showing contempt to the Court.

The Bible was written by and edited by men. Men make mistakes. Times change. No one is hurt by monogamous same sex marriages. Folks like you need to put your hate away.

LOL I don't take direction from you. Understand this, you're not important to me.
How about Jesus? Do you take direction from him? Is he important to you?

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” [John 8:7 KJV]

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” [Matthew 22:37-40 KJV]

"Let No One Disqualify You Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God." (Colossians 2:16-19 ESV)

Think that over. He's pointing out three of the old rules and telling them to "let no one pass judgment on you regarding those rules... However, he follows with stating that these are a shadow of things to come.. IOW there may be more rules that should not be judged by man, and the substance of which should or should not be judge by man belongs to Christ, not man. You'll note he's not talking about the commandments but rather these types of jewish rules. You'll note that the rule about gays is right next to the rule about pork.

I see no contradiction there at all between what I and you wrote. Here is the point you refuse to acknowledge.

IF she had been following those words after she had taken that OATH, she would have resigned. She would have been keeping her faith all the way around. Doing what she did compromised her alleged faith in the eyes of a lot of folks.

She's following God's law, the rules changed in the middle of the game. It's not that difficult to grasp

“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” [John 8:7 KJV]

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” [Matthew 22:37-40 KJV]

Let No One Disqualify You Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. (Colossians 2:16-19 ESV)

Think that over. He's pointing out three of the old rules and telling them to "let no one pass judgment on you regarding those rules... However, he follows with stating that these are a shadow of things to come.. IOW there may be more rules that should not be judged by man, and the substance of which should or should not be judge by man belongs to Christ, not man. You'll note he's not talking about the commandments but rather these types of jewish rules. You'll note that the rule about gays is right next to the rule about pork.

Dude, don't try and go Biblical on me because all I will do is point out that the Bible is clear homosexuality is a sin and abomination. Now go away

PS Eating pork is no longer a sin and never was for Gentiles, you're using Mosaic and Old Covenant law

Let No One Disqualify You Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. (Colossians 2:16-19 ESV)

Dude, don't try and go Biblical on me because all I will do is point out that the Bible is clear homosexuality is a sin and abomination. Now go away

PS Eating pork is no longer a sin and never was for Gentiles, you're using Mosaic and Old Covenant law
Yes, and the law against gays came from old jewish rabbinical law. FYI christians were jews at the time of christ. Colossians 2:16-19 ESV points out that the substance belongs to Christ. Not the Jewish rabbis of yore.

She was charged with contempt of court because she refused to give marriage licenses to same sex couples which is her religious believe.
It should have been handled like it has been done in other States, where someone else could give them out not her being jailed.

Yup, that was an option, but she had ordered her staff NOT TO ISSUE licenses to same sex couples wishing to be married. She forced the issue and now she is paying the piper!

Yep
Just like any other protester who has stood up for their Constitutional rights.
He who holds the gold makes the rules. She broke the rules, and now sits in jail. Just another criminal as far as most are concerned...

So that means the OWS were nothing but criminals also as well as the Ferguson protestors and so on and so on.

Yes, and the law against gays came from old jewish rabbinical law. FYI christians were jews at the time of christ.

LOL You have no idea what you're blabbering about.

Actually, we were talking about what God thinks

Try to keep up

Wrong, the earlier posts were discussing the FACT that our constitution was based on Judeo/Christian principles and that founders recognized God as the giver of all good things.

Secondarliy we were talking about the morals and ethics of the time, and that they differ from the morals and ethics of today. Miley Cyrus and Beyonce would have probably been burned as witches in the 1700s. In the 1200s they would have been beheaded. Today they are "role models".

Please try to keep up with the thread before you butt in

This particular discussion related to the statement that God was directly involved in our winning the Revolutionary War and the writing of the Constitution

No it wasn't and it never was about that.
That was how it was twisted.
They don't understand the difference of having helping hand and direct involvement or direct writing.

My guestion was....Why would God get involved in a document written by a slaveholder and incorporating the institution of slavery into a new nation?

Because in those times the general belief was that slavery was an acceptable way of life. Again you are trying to judge the people of 1776 by the morals of 2015.
Once again...I am not judging the people of 1776
I am judging any God that would help to establish a slave state

Yes, and the law against gays came from old jewish rabbinical law. FYI christians were jews at the time of christ.

Other than you being sassy, you're just wrong. I'm not blabbering. FYI you're hate is showing. How many gays have you personally condemned? Or do you just exploit anonymity over the internet to express your hate?

Other than you being sassy, you're just wrong. I'm not blabbering. FYI you're hate is showing.

Well chump I hate to burst your bubble but the Old Testament and writings took place around 4,000 BC....Christianity didn't come about until around 33 AD. See your problem here? I doubt it but hey I gave a shot at educating you.

I agree, we are not talking about what God thinks. We are talking about what the people of the time believed. But I guess that whole line of thought is beyond your simple mind.

Actually, we were talking about what God thinks

Try to keep up

Wrong, the earlier posts were discussing the FACT that our constitution was based on Judeo/Christian principles and that founders recognized God as the giver of all good things.

Secondarliy we were talking about the morals and ethics of the time, and that they differ from the morals and ethics of today. Miley Cyrus and Beyonce would have probably been burned as witches in the 1700s. In the 1200s they would have been beheaded. Today they are "role models".

Please try to keep up with the thread before you butt in

This particular discussion related to the statement that God was directly involved in our winning the Revolutionary War and the writing of the Constitution

No it wasn't and it never was about that.
That was how it was twisted.
They don't understand the difference of having helping hand and direct involvement or direct writing.

My guestion was....Why would God get involved in a document written by a slaveholder and incorporating the institution of slavery into a new nation?

He didn't.
The words "slave" or "slavery" do not exist in the Constitution.
Slavery is referred to in a couple of places. For one thing, there was the 3/5 Compromise where every 5 slaves counted as 3 people in terms of apportionment for the House of Representatives. That was done in order for the South to not have more influence over the rest of the states.
The government was given the power to restrict the slave trade.
They also compromised with the South and wrote a document that would not allow slavery in any new States that would be formed.

Other than you being sassy, you're just wrong. I'm not blabbering. FYI you're hate is showing.

Well chump I hate to burst your bubble but the Old Testament and writings took place around 4,000 BC....Christianity didn't come about until around 33 AD. See your problem here? I doubt it but hey I gave a shot at educating you.
What part of my statement confused you where I said that "christians were jews at the time of christ." Chump? Educate me? On what? Your complete lack of reading comprehension?

Forum List

Back