Kentucky Clerk Once Again Denies Gay Marriage License, Despite Federal Order

I would still like to know why a town clerk would be an elected position?

It's not a town clerk, it's a county clerk. Basically they an administrator for county vital records (birth, marriages, divorces, other documents filings) and land records deeds and titles but will normally exclude court records which will have their own clerks.

>>>>

Well, according to my research, in many communities that is not an elected position but an appointed one. I see no reason why that needs to be an elected position. This crazy woman proves why it might be a bad idea actually. :D

The office of county clerk is established by the Kentucky State Constitution.

In other states, it is not an elected position though. It is a position that is appointed. Why on earth would that be an elected office? They don't have anything to do with lawmaking. They just follow directions like any other employee.

Slightly off topic, maybe but, well look at this will you.
Panel: Expel Todd Courser and Cindy Gamrat, Michigan lawmakers involved in sex scandal
LANSING, Mich. - Two Michigan lawmakers who admitted to misconduct in covering up their extramarital affair should be expelled from the Legislature, a state House panel recommended Thursday.

The disciplinary committee voted 4-0 Thursday to urge the expulsion of tea party Republicans Todd Courser and Cindy Gamrat. Just three legislators have been expelled in Michigan history.
Just a taste of those that want you to abide by their laws.

It's not a town clerk, it's a county clerk. Basically they an administrator for county vital records (birth, marriages, divorces, other documents filings) and land records deeds and titles but will normally exclude court records which will have their own clerks.

>>>>

Well, according to my research, in many communities that is not an elected position but an appointed one. I see no reason why that needs to be an elected position. This crazy woman proves why it might be a bad idea actually. :D

In other states, it is not an elected position though. It is a position that is appointed. Why on earth would that be an elected office? They don't have anything to do with lawmaking. They just follow directions like any other employee.
Why? Political patronage comes with the job. She can hire and fire conservative Democrats.

>>>>

Why? Political patronage comes with the job. She can hire and fire conservative Democrats.

I don't know what you mean, but I don't really think there is any need for that to be an elected position.

>>>>

I don't know what you mean, but I don't really think there is any need for that to be an elected position.
Do you live in her voting district? If not... Doesn't much matter if not. Huh?

>>>>

That is key to party politics. We win, and where we can by law, we appoint our folks. Americans studied Walpole's example from the 18th century, and we Americans have slavishly followed it ever since. Patronage means power and getting at the public treasury.

What if I do?

That is key to party politics. We win, and where we can by law, we appoint our folks. Americans studied Walpole's example from the 18th century, and we Americans have slavishly followed it ever since. Patronage means power and getting at the public treasury.

Your new avatar keeps throwing me off. It looks too much like another poster's avatar. :D I keep forgetting that I'm talking to you, Mr. Jake.

>>>>

Nepotism seems to have already taken hold there.

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

You know she's a closeted lesbian.

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

So she is hideous and fat and that makes her a closet lesbian? Some pretty screwed up logic.

Next thing you know, they wont be able to find the right bakery......

Maybe some people won't want to sell her any cakes anymore? Then what?
Now THAT would be ironic, if Kim Davis was refused service due to her extreme interpretation of her religion. What would happen next would depend on if Kentucky even has PA laws.

This woman is hideous and fat, they should sue her ass and ruin her.

ynr6qu580u4h686dyad3.jpg

You know she's a closeted lesbian.

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky clerk's office on Thursday again refused to issue a marriage license to a gay couple, in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage across the country two months ago.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has refused to issue any marriage licenses, citing her Christian faith and constitutional right to religious freedom, since the landmark decision in June.

So she is hideous and fat and that makes her a closet lesbian? Some pretty screwed up logic.
Yeah...Hazelnut goes overboard at times.

What if I do?
Well... If you do, and you are in opposition to the policy; you should definitely take the issue to you appropriate government office. At least that's a start...

Forum List

Back