Ken Burns Roosevelt Documentary

In other words: You have no idea what Hegelian dialect is.

"Hagel"???????????

You imbecile.

Haven't you had enough time to do some half ass research on Wikipedia or Google yet. Or do you need to consult a blog?

Dismissed, dope.

No, school is still in session because you haven't learned anything yet.

I love the way you presume to feel qualified to school people on various subjects when your posting history demonstrates you're nothing but an ignorant baboon.

School never did either of you much good anyway.

"Hagel"???????????

You imbecile.

Haven't you had enough time to do some half ass research on Wikipedia or Google yet. Or do you need to consult a blog?

Dismissed, dope.

I love the way you presume to feel qualified to school people on various subjects when your posting history demonstrates you're nothing but an ignorant baboon.

Yet, we know it was 'Hegel,' .....not "Hagel."

You moron.

Dismissed, dope.

You moron.
So you finally figured out who that was. Took you long enough. Wasn't your usual Google search providing enough information? Did you have to do some really intensive Wikipedia research for your spell check?

Dismissed, dope.

You moron.
So you finally figured out who that was. Took you long enough. Wasn't your usual Google search providing enough information? Did you have to do some really intensive Wikipedia research for your spell check?

Still you haven't really made the connection between Hagel......oops I mean Hegel.......and the Democrats have you.

Dismissed, dope.

You moron.

And herein is the kind of lie that identifies, and verifies you to be a stinking, lying sack of effluvia.....

I first posted Hegel, comparing his view to that of the Democrat Party.

You pretended to know who he was.....but gave it away by writing 'Hagel.'

It’s too bad stupidity isn’t painful.

You moron.

And herein is the kind of lie that identifies, and verifies you to be a stinking, lying sack of effluvia.....

Where spell check is concerned you are a force to be reckoned with.

Stalin refused to allow FDR to communicate with him.
If you wonder why you aren't taken seriously, it's sentences like that.

Where it not for ignorance, you'd be agreeing with me.
The series I concluded was wonderful in so many ways, in traditional Ken Burns style but according to this scholar, much was left out, that would have painted a different historical picture:

Authored by: Harvey J. Kaye is Professor of Democracy and Justice Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.

Ken Burns’s ‘Roosevelts’ Fine But Flawed

Arguably America’s most influential historian, Burns fashions a fascinating documentary from the lives of Teddy, Franklin, and Eleanor. But his story has grave gaps.

Ken Burns s Roosevelts Fine But Flawed - The Daily Beast
There was a lot to be covered in those 16 hours; something had to be left out. Burns strives to make history come alive by focusing on the personal lives of people. That can take a lot of time. It certainly adds to the entertainment value and provides us with some insight into what drove these people. However, not seeing some of FDR's brilliant political maneuvering to pass legislation was a bit disappointing.

Meryl Streep did a great job reading Eleanor's speeches and writings.

The legacy of FDR was and is one of hope....

Oh yeah, the US CITIZENS in his concentration camps must have been brimming with "hope."
Safety first.

Pretending to be proud of it doesn't make your stupidity any less obvious and sad.
I'm happy that FDR put the safety of the country ahead of mollifying a subset of the population.

If there had been terroristic attacks on America from unsecured Japanese, you wingnuts today would be saying he was a foolish weakling.

Your actions and words over the past 20 years have diminished any credibility you may have on this, or any other issue. You've done it to yourselves.

It's not from one of your links?

I've already exposed how 'galactically stupid' you are....and now you've added 'totally dishonest' to your resume.

I did not write what you claimed I did.

The proper response would have been an apology, and a correction.
Who taught you manners?
again: is it from one of your links?

You have difficulty answering direct questions. Every time I ask you one and you tap dance instead, it's just more proof that I'm winning the argument.

Did I write what you claimed I wrote....or did someone else?

Answer the question.
Did you post it, as corroboration for the argument you are making?

And you've got a lot of nerve asking anyone to answer a question while ignoring mine for the past 200 posts.

Here it is for the 6th time:

Which countries did NOT recognize Stalin as the leader of the USSR?

"Did you post it, as corroboration for the argument you are making?"

Of course I did not.

I answered that with a question the first time you asked it.

Now correct your post where you claimed I said it.
You still are ignoring my question.

Why is that?

Oh yeah, the US CITIZENS in his concentration camps must have been brimming with "hope."
Safety first.

Pretending to be proud of it doesn't make your stupidity any less obvious and sad.
I'm happy that FDR put the safety of the country ahead of mollifying a subset of the population.

If there had been terroristic attacks on America from unsecured Japanese, you wingnuts today would be saying he was a foolish weakling.

Your actions and words over the past 20 years have diminished any credibility you may have on this, or any other issue. You've done it to yourselves.

Where is the apology for lying, and claiming that I w
I've already exposed how 'galactically stupid' you are....and now you've added 'totally dishonest' to your resume.

I did not write what you claimed I did.

The proper response would have been an apology, and a correction.
Who taught you manners?

You have difficulty answering direct questions. Every time I ask you one and you tap dance instead, it's just more proof that I'm winning the argument.

Answer the question.

And you've got a lot of nerve asking anyone to answer a question while ignoring mine for the past 200 posts.

Of course I did not.

Why is that?

Why haven't you apologized for claiming that I wrote something that I didn't?

You realize that makes you a liar.

Reform yourself.

This is your post #345

"POLITICALCHIC SAID:
January: FDR's State of the Union address requests nearly $1.5B for defense (in national budget of $9B) and says arms embargo is unfair and must be reformed: "the frontiers of the United States are on the Rhine," he tells a Senate committee, to "stony silence."
I just LOVE it when you contradict yourself!"

I never said that.....did I.

'Fess up, weasel.

The series I concluded was wonderful in so many ways, in traditional Ken Burns style but according to this scholar, much was left out, that would have painted a different historical picture:

Authored by: Harvey J. Kaye is Professor of Democracy and Justice Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.

Arguably America’s most influential historian, Burns fashions a fascinating documentary from the lives of Teddy, Franklin, and Eleanor. But his story has grave gaps.

I love it!

Thank you, Aqua, for the link, and thank you @PoliticalChic for 'liking' this post!

While the article has some criticisms of omissions in Ken Burn's documentary (omissions that further bolster FDR's stature), NOWHERE in the article is a single criticism of FDR or his policies to get the country out of the Great Depression.

Even the article author's own book is titled "The Fight for the Four Freedoms: What Made FDR and the Greatest Generation Truly Great".

So thank you again, ladies, for confirming the greatness of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. We Liberals appreciate your recognition of this basic fact. :)

You moron.

He certainly did not, as I have already pointed out. He talked about 'Hegelian' in his very next post.

It's apparent that you must lie and evade, or it becomes clear what a joke you are.

But then you get caught lying and evading, and it just shows what a joke you are.
4i6Ckte.gif

Safety first.

Answer the question.

Of course I did not.

Why is that?

Reform yourself.
Answer the question I've asked you at least 6 times.

Until you do, you have no standing to make any demands on others.

I love it!

Thank you, Aqua, for the link, and thank you @PoliticalChic for 'liking' this post!

While the article has some criticisms of omissions in Ken Burn's documentary (omissions that further bolster FDR's stature), NOWHERE in the article is a single criticism of FDR or his policies to get the country out of the Great Depression.

Even the article author's own book is titled "The Fight for the Four Freedoms: What Made FDR and the Greatest Generation Truly Great".

So thank you again, ladies, for confirming the greatness of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. We Liberals appreciate your recognition of this basic fact. :)

1. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…” He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

2. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

"“...on the whole it retarded recovery.”

Safety first.

Answer the question.

Of course I did not.

Why is that?

Reform yourself.

Weasel....you can run, but you can't hide.

You lied....make amends.

I love it!

1. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…” He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

2. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

"“...on the whole it retarded recovery.”
Thank you again for agreeing with Aqua's linked article extolling FDR's greatness.

It makes this whole thread worth it!
4i6Ckte.gif

Safety first.

Of course I did not.

Why is that?

Reform yourself.

Weasel....you can run, but you can't hide.

You lied....make amends.
I'm not running, you are. For hundreds of posts now.

But I'm glad you now see the error of your ways regarding FDR.

Would you place him at #1 or #2, behind Lincoln?

If you watched the series and noticed the absorbing way the writer, Geoffrey C. Ward, became emotional when mentioning first of FDR's affliction of polio at 39, there is a sound reason.

As this recent NYTimes piece notes, Ward has a special connection to FDR — Ward suffered from polio as a child and still wears braces as a result — that perhaps gave him a special affinity or empathy with the president.

The lead writer of the series is the redoubtable Geoffrey C. Ward, who is probably one of the most successful, most familiar, and least known American historians of recent decades. Ward, who apparently has never had an academic appointment in a university history department, has a real knack for writing history in a way that lots of people appreciate. A graduate of Oberlin and former editor of American Heritage, Ward has an impressive track record: 18 books (including a 1989 biography of FDR, A First-Class Temperament), a National Book Critics Circle Award, the Parkman Prize for history, seven Emmys, a bunch of other prizes and the “Friend of History Award” from the Organization of American Historians

PBS Geoffrey C. Ward Prof Chris Daly s Blog
Just another reason why no one should take this propaganda seriously.

Forum List

Back